“Interesting and enlightening experience”
Review of Dans Le Noir

Dans Le Noir
Reserve with
Dans Le Noir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #310 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Enjoy yourself and discover new sensations while eating. Experience a unique and surprising event. Come enjoy our meals and wine tasting in the dark. You will discover textures, aromas and flavours that will revive your most forgotten senses. More than just servers, let our visually-impaired guides be your eyes so you can enjoy the experience as much as possible. Trusting them will bring you closer to their disability, increasing your tolerance and personal development. Experience it!
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“Interesting and enlightening experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a late night dinner here last Friday night. When we came, we were explained the process of what was going to happen along with choosing which package we wanted and if we had any dietary requirements. We chose the package which included 4 courses, champagne and 3 glasses of wine.

You are not told any of the food before hand and are advised to eat with your fingers. We were led into the room by holding the shoulder of the person in front of you. Once we were guided to our seats by the visually impaired waitress we were served our food and wine. Each course had a different wine and we had to guess the colour which 90% of people get wrong like we did!

The room is totally dark with no light at all and all light sources are put in lockers prior to entry. After the meal we were shown the menu and told which wine we had. A really strange, but enlightening experience. Definitely worth a visit. Everyone very friendly.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully strange experience!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My boyfriend booked Dans le noir as a birthday surprise for me on our holiday in Barcelona! I thought it was wonderful, one of the most bizarre evenings I have had! All the staff we met were fantastic and really look after you. The food was delicious as well and there is such a wide variety on each plate, I think it caters for all, so it does not matter if you do not like something it is all part of the experience.
We had dinner relatively early for the Spanish, so there was just us and another couple at our sitting. I preferred this as I think if there had been a full restaurant I would have found it a bit too disorientating!
But overall, everyone should have a go!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HolidayAnyone
wherever our backpacks lead us!
“An unforgettable experience”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very friendly reception and waiters. Food & wine delicious and just an amazing experience. I would have appreciated separate tables to one long one for all, but it was still great! Thanks!

• Visited February 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Totally recommendable”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We went to Dans le Noir Barcelona to have lunch in January 2014.

Pros: It was a completely different way to enjoy a lunch and something everybody should experience. The staff was very helpful, funny and attentive, specially Àlex, our blind waiter, who did an amazing job serving us (and who had a huge patience, by the way!). The food was tasty and easy to eat despite the darkness, and the drinks (we chose the non-alcoholic selection) were good too.

What I enjoyed the best was talking to the other people in the restaurant while eating. They seat you near the other tables, so in fact it's like you were having lunch with them - it's part of the experience. Ours was a very nice group and we really had a great time getting to know them (something we certainly wouldn't have done in a regular restaurant).

Since they're claiming awareness and acceptance for disabled people, everything is wheelchair friendly. Also, they have special accommodations for deaf people who also want to enjoy the experience.

Cons: None, really. If I had to say something, though, I think it's a little overpriced. However, it's ok, since you're paying for the whole experience, not just the food.

Overall: Planning a special gift for somebody or looking for a new and different way to have fun? Don't doubt it. Save a good three hours, though, time flies in there!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Meritxell_P
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing experience you have to try!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I cant rave about this enough! My sister and Partner brought us here as an engagement present and it was truly an amazing experience! We were really nervous when we arrived but were instantly put at ease by the host who explained the premise and how everything works.
We went for the package that included Wine and 4 courses. The food was really good, obviously you have no choice in what you eat(aside from dietary request you make known to the host) but that's the beauty of it. I was stressed I was going to be eating really strange and unusual things, but in the end when they reveal the meals you find out its everyday products cooked in inventive and interesting ways so they don't taste at all like what they normally do. Of the three wines I could only guess one correctly, I did a little better with guessing the food. Overall its a fantastic experience and would highly recommend anyone interested in food to give it a try!

• Visited August 2013