“Something strange”
Review of Dans Le Noir

Dans Le Noir
Reserve with
Dans Le Noir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 10,092 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Enjoy yourself and discover new sensations while eating. Experience a unique and surprising event. Come enjoy our meals and wine tasting in the dark. You will discover textures, aromas and flavours that will revive your most forgotten senses. More than just servers, let our visually-impaired guides be your eyes so you can enjoy the experience as much as possible. Trusting them will bring you closer to their disability, increasing your tolerance and personal development. Experience it!
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Overall was a great experience and the host did a great job to look after all 8 of us.
Food was average, and despite friends not eating fish or water creatures they were still served prawn, which I think was a little off.
The best part was the guessing the wines in the dark.
I do think it was a little over priced, but you're more paying for the experience than the food.
I'm glad I experienced it and we all had a laugh about it. I did have a little freak at the end, it's hard to describe the sensation of not being able to see in a restaurant, I say everyone give it a go, thanks to the team for looking after us, now I've done it I probably won't do it again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a great evening as a couple in the restaurant in Barcelona. The staff there was very helpful and explained a lot of details before the dinner, so we felt very comfortable when entering the dark dining area. Also our waiter was professional and very kind. We don't speak Spanish very well but did not have any problems. However, you should consider sharing this experience with more friends as it will become more memorable. We were at a table with only Spanish speaking people and did not understand a lot of their observations and curious comments (which apparently were very funny :-) ). Furthermore, there seem to have been two other groups at the same time, which caused some chatter and a lot of noise. It is ok but not very pleasant.
In general though we had a great time and would highly recommend attending a "dinner in the dark".

Regards,

S.C.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a late night dinner here last Friday night. When we came, we were explained the process of what was going to happen along with choosing which package we wanted and if we had any dietary requirements. We chose the package which included 4 courses, champagne and 3 glasses of wine.

You are not told any of the food before hand and are advised to eat with your fingers. We were led into the room by holding the shoulder of the person in front of you. Once we were guided to our seats by the visually impaired waitress we were served our food and wine. Each course had a different wine and we had to guess the colour which 90% of people get wrong like we did!

The room is totally dark with no light at all and all light sources are put in lockers prior to entry. After the meal we were shown the menu and told which wine we had. A really strange, but enlightening experience. Definitely worth a visit. Everyone very friendly.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My boyfriend booked Dans le noir as a birthday surprise for me on our holiday in Barcelona! I thought it was wonderful, one of the most bizarre evenings I have had! All the staff we met were fantastic and really look after you. The food was delicious as well and there is such a wide variety on each plate, I think it caters for all, so it does not matter if you do not like something it is all part of the experience.
We had dinner relatively early for the Spanish, so there was just us and another couple at our sitting. I preferred this as I think if there had been a full restaurant I would have found it a bit too disorientating!
But overall, everyone should have a go!

1  Thank HolidayAnyone
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very friendly reception and waiters. Food & wine delicious and just an amazing experience. I would have appreciated separate tables to one long one for all, but it was still great! Thanks!