All reviewson arrivalgreat hotelrecommend this hotelbottle of cavareception staffwithin walking distanceplaca catalunyabreakfast buffetroom safegood sizecity breakwelcome drinkhotel is modernstayed here for nightssun loungerswifi connectioncentral location
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in December. The hotel has a great location and is easily accessible via metro. If you are getting the metro to the airport from here there is a direct train which can be caught from passeig de Garcia (spelling?). Follow signs to L3 green line in the station, it can b confusing but buying the multi day pass is definitely best value for money!!!

The hotel itself is brilliant, the champagne reception and breakfasts was lovely!!! Nice touch with crepes and omelette being available! The only gripe we had was the shower gel wasn't re stocked and when we asked for milk we waited over a hour for it to come to the room then the maid was rude and wanted to charge us! Apart from that the staff were lovely the bar is very reasonable and the stay was brilliant!!!

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel at a very good price, staff were really good and friendly and couldn’t do enough to help. The food for breakfast was good and the rooms are spacious and nice and most importantly clean. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank martyb1972
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This hotel was very nice. It's located about a ten minute walk from Las Ramblas and maybe 20 minutes to the Picasso Museum. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small but not cramped.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
grupotel g, Director Comercial at Grupotel Gran Via 678, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

First of all thank you for your comments.

As you said, the hotel is located close to the main points of interest of the city such as La Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas, La Casa Batllo, La Pedrera, Plaza Catalunya, etc.
I will translate your comments to the departments

Thank you very much for your comments.
We hope to see you soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I thought I would stop in Barcelona for a weekend before I attending to work Itinerary.
Ive been to south of Spain before and Ive always wanted to experience Catalonia. It was not reach in culture as I thought it would be or maybe I just didn’t have enough time to immerse myself in her ways of doing things.

Anyway the single room in Grupotel Gran Via 678 I was checked in was way to small to have a bed in it.
Moving from one end to another was a mission a half, one had to crawl over the bed or pass at the foot of the bed and take the entire bedding with you.
However, since I was in the city for two days and and only spent the room to wash and sleep, the congested space was not much of an issues, until I had to the maneuver through the room.

Other than that the place was clean and the bathroom was much more airier than the bedroom.
Personnel were friendly and spoke English, which was a great bonus to assist me plan for some of the excursions I wanted to attended

The hotel is ideally located, close to the restuarants and shops.

Its no luxurious space but a clean space for a short visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PhindiM4
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Friendly hotel staff. The bed was a bit small but comfortable. Great location a short walk to the Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas. Not far from the Gothic Quarter. Many restaurants are nearby - we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple