“great surprise”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I met a friend at the train station arriving from Madrid and we walked across the road to Casa Martello. I was not sure what to expect. The food was simply outstanding. My favorite dish was the artichoke hearts with Bacon but everything was simply outstanding. We did no have any main courses but between 5 of us has multiple dishes of the same tapas and all were well made and delicious.
It does not look like a restaurant with great food but dont be fooled. It was outstanding

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Love the food in Casa Martelo. I like the authentic Catalan cuisine...the deep friend sardines was superb! We also ordered linguini and pizza. We enjoyed our food and the service given to us by friendly and efficient Filipino attendants. The price is a little bit expensive but dinner that night was memorable and worth it. I highly recommend Casa Martelo...it was very near and accessible to our hotel too,

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am posting this review late, due to that fact that I have been really~really busy this past year.

My wife and I dined at this restaurant several times during our stay in Barcelona in April-2012.
We loved it...!!!!! My wife loved every dish that she had eaten, as for me, I could not get enough of their version of pesto pasta, damn good..!! Service at this restaurant was very good, command of English is to be commended, very friendly also. Not just locals dine here, tourists from where ever as well. Ambiance is warm, you really hate to leave.....DON'T OVERLOOK THIS EATERY..

We had stayed at the Hotel H10, which is all of 10min walking distance.....

Reviewed 4 July 2012

crazy
two persons order
1 fillet cost 20 euros
1 tapas shrimps (only 5 pieces just with oil and garlic) 16,4 euros!!!!
1 tapas Hammon ( a small plate) 13,75 euros
2 sangrias 10,30 euros
1 soda 2 euros
bread with tomato sauce 2,80euro
total 66,15 !!!!
this is a place that they cheat tourists
please pay attention.

1  Thank onoufrio
Reviewed 3 May 2012

this is where me and my fiance had our first dinner in Barcelona. The staff at our hotel recommended it and we decided to try it our since i also saw the reviews on here. The food was really good. We ordered patatas bravas super yummy! tortilla also good, pitcher of sangria, bread with tomatoe, and canelones with cheese which was delicious and we ended it with cheesecake dessert which was also very good. The service was great as well. I just wish we could've have gone more than once.