“Alright hotel but be careful with your valuables!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Eddy's Guest House Barcelona
Ranked #108 of 325 Barcelona B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Alright hotel but be careful with your valuables!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have just returned from a stay at Eddy Rooms. The hotel is good value and good location- get what you pay for. Very noisy at night as the corridors have alot of echo.

HOWEVER... We left our bags in the laundry room during our last day in Barcelona. The guy on reception assured us it would be safe. Our bags were left there from 11am till 5pm. On arrival, I noticed my coat was no longer in my bag and after checking our bags my friend and I found our items had all been mixed up so someone had been looking through our stuff. Nothing was taken luckily as we had kept all valuables on ourselves that day. As a word of warning to anyone else that visits this hotel, do not leave any of your valuables in your bags. Also, I think the same would apply for the bedroom throughout your whole stay as I have little trust in the staff at this hotel.

Felt like a disappointing end to an otherwise fab weekend! I personally would not return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank S F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Excellent guest house (or you can call it B&B)! The German owner - Norbert (hello!) - is very friendly and helpful. He gave me a city map on my arrival and marked down all the major landmarks.
The guest house is in a very nice and save neighborhood - L'Eixample, very close to Pl.Catalunya, La Rambla, Sagrada Familia, Modernism route etc. The almost 130 years old building is one of those of Modernism style - totally wonderful, with original lift with double doors and fancy decor. You have your own key to the front door so it feels like being "local Barcelonian" :)
The single room I had on the 2d floor is just perfect if you need a place to sleep. The breakfast (bread, pastries, jams, butter, tea, great COFFEE!) is just fine and is served on the 3d floor in a room with amazing authentic terrace overlooking Barcelona roofs.
Shared bathroom was not a problem at all: spacious, ideally clean, never had to "stay in line", hot water all the time, body-wash/shampoo, towels, hair-drier....
Free of charge computer, Inet, unlimited tea/coffee through out the day at the breakfast hall on the 3d floor. It really felt as a home for the 8 nights I stayed there. Highly recommended!
P.S. the walls are very thin and some showers are loud, so for a light-sleeper it might be a problem (was not for me at all).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Svetakoshka
Zagreb
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

As the title says - on pictures it seems like nice, kitsch, quasi-Renaissance B&B, but in real life... hmmm.
Rooms are small, small as bad-cabinet-door. Stuff doesnt know anything. I think because they really dont work there but just help and stay for free few days and then other comes, and so on... but thats my opinion.
Hallway was dirty - dirt from the old dust, and some furniture in room also. You could feel old, heavy smell all around the place. It was on moments so disgusting that we didnt want to touch anything. And than the door creak, every sound that you hear, every sneeze, and other lovely noises :) ... I could write on and on... did I mention that we asked for new sheets on arrival because one was dirty...
Positive things - incredibly clean bathroom, as compared with the rest of B&B. Nice breakfast with view over the roofs of Barcelona, fresh bottled water in fridge, and great location.
10-15min walk to down town, Sagrada Famillia, Rambla...
Value for money - NO! 65 EUR is to much... if it was 25-30 than I could say so, but with this prices I expect more.

Room Tip: For that kind of money you can find much better places to stay and truly enjoy Barcelona.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivan M
leeds uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

our experience was overall positive - this is budget accommodation and represents decent value for money as breakfast is included.Main complaint was that during our 4 day stay our
room was not serviced at all.If you can live with a shared w/c its not a bad place for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Although we stayed only one day, we liked it. Staff polite, attentive and unobtrusive. The hotel consists of a living room, where the breakfast (continental with croissants, coffee, bacon, cheese, yogurt), and adjoining rooms.

The hotel is more focused on youth inexpensive holiday. Entourage is beyond praise. Elevator is not worse than in the Casa Batllo.
Very little space for a shower and toilet for blind, but we are more amused than upset.
Stopped, I, my husband and child 5 years.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Iryna-Kiev
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at this hostel three nights. It was my best staying in Barcelona. The hostel is originally a one big apartment on the third floor of an old house, two minutes walk from a subway station with 6-7 bedrooms, living room and two baths. The apartment is very simple, but there were all necessary for life: refrigerator with free cold water, tea/coffee making facilities, a computer connected to internet and a good free Wi-Fi. Although several people were using the bathroom, it was always clean and maintained in a perfect condition. My single room was very small, about 2X2 meters. Breakfast was very simple: coffee, toasts, jam, butter, fruits. But you can buy in a supermarket whatever you want and store it in the refrigerator. Receptionists were very polite and hardly visible.
I was lucky that in Barcelona was cool, because rooms do not have air conditioning. At the night you can open the window and breathe a fresh air, but during the day the room was very hot.
Very thin walls, residents woke up at 8 am and you can hear everything that happens in the apartment since you can't sleep any more. Through the opened window I got a sickening smell of cooking breakfast and taking a bath noise of residents.

But despite the minor shortcomings I really enjoyed its a great atmosphere. It was very basic but a good value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

My laptop and backup pen drive, where I had saved all my PhD research documents, one pair of reading glasses and some other electronic equipment got stolen at Eddy’s Guest House Barcelona, located in Girona street n.46, 3rd floor.
The luggage had been stored in the morning of our return flight in a pantry room/towels and linens storage area. Between 9:30 am and 4 pm, someone went in, opened only one of our suit cases, precisely the one that contained the laptop and the other equipment, and left.
After arriving in Lisbon I’ve reported the robbery to the Police of Cataluña and I’m in contact with the Portuguese Consulate in Barcelona to take all other necessary steps to ensure that the report of the theft is forwarded to the proper entities.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business