“Couldn't be better :)”

Ranked #2 of 581 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS in Barcelona as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My boyfriend and I went on the Old City walking tour with Catherine - she was amazing :)

She was clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about Barcelona's history. She gave us lots of information through using stories, maps and role play, making the tour informative, interactive and entertaining. We also had time to go inside some of the buildings which was a bonus (Catherine carried shawls for us to cover up with so we could go inside the cathedral). She also offered us recommendations of where to eat and visit after the tour which was greatly appreciated!

I'd recommend this tour to anyone and everyone (there were kids on our tour and they seemed to have a great time too!). It really makes you see Barcelona in a new light :)

Thank you Runner Beans!

1  Thank Paint-Pots
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

That was a wonderful review for Catherine. Thank you so much. I just sent it to her and I am sure she will really appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in our beautiful city. Thanks again :-)

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We did both gotic and gaudi tour with tatiana and loewe. Both girls were lovely and the srories and history they told were great. I wouldnt be able to learn those by myself. They are so friendly, helpful and smiling all the time.would advise runner bean for sure!!

Hi Puren,

I will pass your message to Tati and Lowri (I guess she was your guide on the Old City Tour). They are both wonderful knowledgeable guides and I am sure they will love your comments :-).

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Catherine was our tour guide for the old city section (gothic area) and she was friendly, knowledgeable. The tour goes for about 2 1/2 hours and I felt it gave us a good understanding of the history and attractions. Well worth the time and a definite to do.

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Hi Adam,

Thanks again. Catherine is a fantastic guide and one of the best ways to discover the secrets of the medieval city and its rich and fascinating history. I am glad you had such a good time on her tour.

All the best :-)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

A group of friends and I signed up for both tours - Old town and Gaudi tour expecting a peek into secrets of Barcelona. What we got was an extraordinary and authentic experience. It is difficult to choose which tour is better, so we strongly recommend both. ;)

Thank you for joining both tours and for recommending us. I am glad you and your friends had such a great time.

See you next time around :-)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My sister and I went on both the old city and Gaudí tours and they were a perfect way to see the city! Our guides, Lowri and Miguel were both very knowledgable and entertaining. The donation aspect made me want to give even more than I expected, and even though we could only afford 10 euro for each tour, the guides definitely deserve much more! If you are one who loves to learn about a city on foot, these tours are perfect. Although two and a half hours on foot was a bit much for me, we saw the greatest masterpieces of Gaudí and thousands of years of history through the old city tour which we would've missed on our own. They also had fantastic recommendations and were very genuine about insider tips for certain places around the city to see, which was a great personalized touch. Thank you Runner Bean for such a perfect way to see and learn about Barcelona, I can't recommend these tours enough!

Lowri and Miguel will be thrilled reading this review. Thank you so much for posting it and for recommending our local company.

I hope next ti me you visit Barcelona you can join us on more of our tours. All the best :-)