“Highly recommended”

Ranked #2 of 549 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We signed up for a Runner Bean walking tour of the old city, as a family of five with 3 kids aged 14, 14 and 11.

The guide, an Irish girls whose name I don't remember, was excellent. She kept us engaged and interested as we walked the old city of over two hours. She told some great stories, taught us about the history of Barcelona, Catalunya and Spain in general, and pointed out some landmarks that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise. She was even able to involve the kids through some role playing activities. The whole experience, from booking the tour online, through joining the group at the start, and then the tour itself, was very smooth. I particularly like the payment model, in which the tour is free, but you can then tip the guide based on the your enjoyment of the tour.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank Luvtotravel605
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thanks a million for your comments and for supporting a local company. That was a wonderful review.

I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your time here :-)

Ann-Marie

• Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great intro to the city!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Miguel was our tour guide during our free Gaudi walking tour. He was FANTASTIC. He covered a lot of ground with a lot of knowledge and sprinkled in some humor. We did this tour (the 11am option) our first day in Barcelona and were so glad we did because it helped us get the lay of the land. Miguel showed us all how to get metro tickets and exactly where we were going to be going throughout the tour and how to get back to our original stop. He was very thorough and used a lot of visuals to support his teachings.

Thank you for a great Barcelona introduction.

1 Thank bub2674
Thanks a million for the great review. I am glad to hear that Miguel was so helpful and that you really enjoyed discovering Barcelona with him. I just sent him this message so he can enjoy it too.

I hope you will visit us again soon :-)

Ann-Marie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great walking tour”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Our excellent guide Catharine led a group of about 12 through the old town and shared stories about the history of Barcelona. Informative but not too much (as some guides can often over do it). Well worth it!

1 Thank Mai P
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hi Mai,

I am glad you enjoyed your tour with Catherine. She really is a great guide :-). Thanks for the review.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Couldn't be better :)”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My boyfriend and I went on the Old City walking tour with Catherine - she was amazing :)

She was clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about Barcelona's history. She gave us lots of information through using stories, maps and role play, making the tour informative, interactive and entertaining. We also had time to go inside some of the buildings which was a bonus (Catherine carried shawls for us to cover up with so we could go inside the cathedral). She also offered us recommendations of where to eat and visit after the tour which was greatly appreciated!

I'd recommend this tour to anyone and everyone (there were kids on our tour and they seemed to have a great time too!). It really makes you see Barcelona in a new light :)

Thank you Runner Beans!

1 Thank Paint-Pots
That was a wonderful review for Catherine. Thank you so much. I just sent it to her and I am sure she will really appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in our beautiful city. Thanks again :-)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great great tour!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We did both gotic and gaudi tour with tatiana and loewe. Both girls were lovely and the srories and history they told were great. I wouldnt be able to learn those by myself. They are so friendly, helpful and smiling all the time.would advise runner bean for sure!!

Hi Puren,

I will pass your message to Tati and Lowri (I guess she was your guide on the Old City Tour). They are both wonderful knowledgeable guides and I am sure they will love your comments :-).