“friendly & affordable ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: La Nova Esquerra de l'Eixample
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Around the corner from our hotel is this family run restaurant that has been a godsend. We had lunch and a dinner there so far. Frances was our very amiable waiter and looked after us very well. Last night we had the pumpkin soup & cannelloni with a caprese salad. This is not a fancy place buy the woman who cooks is amazing. She suggested the catalan escalivada (roasted eggplant & red peppers) sandwich when she heard my family originally came from Barcelona.. one of the best things I’ve eaten. Her dessert are very good. No hamburgers here but the pizza looks good...on our way to breakfast..

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast here early november 2016 and it was really lovely. I had the complete breakfast and my friend had the Catalan breakfast. We were both really happy with what we got and would go here again if we had stayed in Barcelona longer.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This cafeteria is adequate to have a brunch or just to get something quickly to eat, but not recommended to go if starving.
Friendly staff and affordable prices.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Went in on the off chance as was in the area. Very friendly lady served us quickly and efficiently. I had the breakfast Q on the menu, was a lovely grilled cheese and ham sandwich, an orange juice and a cafe con leche all for 6 euros! Was tasty and well cooked! My sons had their favorite churros and the got the thumbs up too. Would totally reccomend this place and i will definately come back when in Barcelona again. So much nicer than some of the tourist cafes.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I had breakfast here twice, they serve very delicious Xurros and Coffee))I would recommend if you want to have a nice breakfast)

Date of visit: December 2016