“Do not miss this opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Walking Planets

Walking Planets
Ranked #243 of 535 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking Planets is cultural initiative that helps you discover what Barcelona has to offer, with official catalan guides, who like you, know how to enjoy a good walk around the city.Our aim is to bring you closer to the beat of everyday life in Barna and in order to accomplish this, we offer you itineraries to: Planet Raval, Planet Born and Planet Gotic. From only 15€ each, take a walk, and get to know what it´s all about.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Do not miss this opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

If you are planning a Barcelona trip do not go without taking this tour! Sandra is a native
who knows more about her city's culture and history than anything you could put together yourself. The streets, walls and buildings come alive while walking with her through the real Barcelona. Her ability to connect with people is amazing and the information that she shares is accurate, historical, personal and entertaining. You feel that she is your long lost cousin and she is showing you around. Do not even think of going on a tour with a crowd when you can have your own private guide who shares all the jewels this city has to offer. I will call Sandra next time I am there which I hope is soon!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank jenniferthomas1961

Málaga
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent insider's look at Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

If you want to explore Barcelona's through the eyes of a local, then Walking Planets is the way to do it. I had been to Barcelona several times and done loads of tours of Barcelona before my first walking planet experience and I haven't looked back since. While you might hear some of the same stories, Walking Planet guides bring them to life and recounts them in a way that no other tour guide does. You will learn interesting little facts, take different routes and learn about the real culture. The visits are down to earth, great fun and much better than any other tour I've done in Barcelona

Visited June 2011
2 Thank TravellingAussie1979
fort lee, nj
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The best walking tours in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

We travel all around the world, and always try to go on a walking tour to get a feel for the place and the people.

Planet Raval with Sandra was fantastic - in-depth history of Catalonia and Barcelona illustrated by places along the route; Lifestyles, public policy, education, immigration - Sandra answered the questions and helped us really understand how real people live. All of this in addition to a great architectural and story-telling walk, done with great charm and pride in Barcelona.

Second tour was Planet Gaudi with Aida. Very different style, but also very knowledgable. Even though we did a lot of reading on Gaudi, Aida pointed out details that were not covered in the guidebooks.

We also took a tour from a different company and it was a major disappointment. Stick with Planet!

Visited April 2011
2 Thank goodtravel
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking Planet tours is work every euro and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I have had two Walking Planet tours in 1 week - one walking through the Gotic district and a 3hr bike tour of which both were awesome! Sandra was humorous, very informative and took the time to ask me what I was interested in to personalise the tour. I really appreciated that! If everyone could make history as interesting and alive, I think I would have taken more history classes!

Visited January 2011
Brisbane, Australia
“the other barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

I could have never imagined that barcelona had so many hidden treasures. I contacted Sandra, walking planets guide, to do the planet raval, I had been a couple of times in barcelona and I felt like I needed to know about the things that only locals can tell you. She opened my eye to all what's going on in the city, the alternatives offers, the day by day activities... no words, she made my day!!