“Great tour and great intro to tapas!”

The Barcelona Taste
Ranked #8 of 176 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The city's first gastronomical tapas tour, The Barcelona Taste is about food. And lots of it! On this 2-3 hour food tour we stop in 3-4 small food establishments in either the famous Gothic or the lovely Gracia neighborhoods of Barcelona. Our venues range from high-quality specialty shops to home-style tapas restaurants, each one with its own scrumptious specialties for you to taste. A knowledgeable and very friendly guide will safely lead you through this labyrinth of a neighborhood, all the while sharing stories about Barcelona life, food, and history. You will enjoy all the cuisine, and, due to the small size of the group, you will also enjoy a more personal, relaxed experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I loved this tour! We had such a great time with our guide, Jo, and we really bonded with the other people on our tour (a group of 7 in total). We spent the whole night eating and laughing! Jo has the experience and knowledge of someone who has given this tour 100 times, but executes the tour with the energy and enthusiasm of a first-timer. That is such an awesome quality to find in a tour guide!
All of the food was delicious and the drinks were plentiful. There were lots of tapas to choose from, and we had full bellies at the end of the night. Learning about tapas during this tour, and being able to sample so many different foods really helped us navigate tapas during the rest of our vacation in Spain. Not only did it give us a better idea of what we liked, but also gave us the confidence to walk into a tapas bar and not feel overwhelmed or intimidated. Let’s face it, tapas can be confusing to someone who doesn’t know the “rules” and isn’t fluent in Spanish. What is the difference between a tapa, a pincho, and a racion? Why have I been waiting for a waiter for so long…am I supposed to order at the bar? Is this a buffet or am I supposed to save these crazy toothpicks and pay based on the number of dishes I eat? Why did I get a free tapa with my drink at the last restaurant, but not at this one…is this place trying to rip me off because I’m a tourist? Jo helped us understand all of these customs and also gave us some great restaurant recommendations at the end of the night.
I’ve been on several food tours in several different countries, and this tour was one of my favorites! Do it! Worth every Euro!

2  Thank Wildflower1

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This was a great walking tapas tour. The two ex-pat guides were energetic and informative. First stop was a cheese store, followed by vermut tasting with small tapas, a full meal, and then a yummy dessert. There were all Americans on my tour and it's a perfect way to spend an evening if traveling alone.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Jo and Anna were the absolute best guides for "Barcelona Taste" - the cute places they took us to for the tapas and the detailed explanation of everything was absolutely fantastic. We felt like we were just hanging out with old friends...our group that night was the best as well. Couldn't have asked for a better way to eat and tour on our first night in Barcelona.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Being led to places that served amazing food by guides who were as enthusiastic about the food as they were about making sure we had a great time is my idea of an evening out! There are not enough words to explain how great this tour was!

1  Thank LucyLu97
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Barcelona Taste gets 5 stars. We started our evening with our charming and very knowledgeable host, Joe Littenberg, at a cheese and wine shop featuring local tastes. We went from there to three other venues, learning about and eating remarkable regional cuisine.
At the same time, Joe shared his vast knowledge of the history, architecture and people of Barcelona.

We would not have found such wonderful places on our own. This experience set us up to take full advantage of this vibrant and welcoming city.

Book Barcelona Taste early in your stay!

2  Thank Izzytorra