“Quality/price ratio in perfect balance”
Review of Acta Mimic Hotel

Acta Mimic Hotel
Ranked #209 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Melsele, Belgium
“Quality/price ratio in perfect balance”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Clean and modern room with a nice design, but on the small size (not an issue if you are here for a city trip). Colored mood lighting was broken. Nice breakfast in the basement and tasty mojito's at the rooftop bar. Friendly personnel.
I would not recommend this hotel for families.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
fairbourne
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Excellant value for money. We found the position of this hotel very good for the port area and Las Ramblas. All staff that we encountered were helpful and polite. Our room was light and airy and spotlessly clean. There is air conditioning in the room which we used and therefore did not suffer the condensation as reported in other reviews.The breakfast was super, from coffee and juice through to the cereals,fresh fruit, hot english breakfast and continental ham and cheeses plus cake and croissants. We will definately stay here again. Thank you to all members of staff.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My favorite part of the hotel was the location. It was the reason I booked it in the first place. Very convenient to Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter, within about 10 minutes walking distance. It was also very close to the cruise terminal. While it's not quite walking distance, especially with your luggage, you could if you really didn't want to get a taxi. We, however, did and it was only a few minutes drive. The hotel itself is nice. The staff was friendly and offered to provide us with any tourist info we needed, although we didn't need it. We requested a late check out and were expecting to have to pay a fee, but we were able to extend our check out by 2 hours at no cost. The hallways are interestingly lined with only dark red lights. I could see why some may not like this, but I did. The room was clean and just what we needed. My only negative items were the shower does not actually have a door so water gets splashed into the whole bathroom. Also, as others have mentioned, there is no ventilation in the room so when showering, the whole room gets steamy and there is no way to ventilate it. It was not a big deal for us because we did not spend much time in the room other than sleeping and getting ready. But for someone who was in the room more, I could see that being a problem.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Mimic hotel on a business trip when attending the Mobile World Congress. I had reserved my room (and my colleagues) through the MWC Website with a deposit payment. The remaining amount was to be settled at the end of our stay.

When I checked out I settled my bill and did not immediately see the over charging of 315.34 Euros due to the way that the deposits were charged and the variable dates of bookings of different rooms I had booked for my team.

On my return to the UK I noticed the oversight and contacted the Mimic Hotel to make them aware of the overcharge by telephone call, followed by email. Initially they didn't responded to email and I had to chase them by phone and email again.

Eventually they responded admitting the overcharge but saying that they were having problems refunding it directly to my credit card and asked for Bank details to conduct a transfer. I gave them the details of the company as I had already been reimbursed all my expenses and so needed it to go directly to the company account. After a number of reminders by email and phone, it has been over 2 months of requesting a refund for a overcharge that they have agreed was their fault but they still have not made the payment and continue to either delay responses to emails or reply with excuses when i phone them directly.

I have now reported them to the credit card company.

Please be aware of this company, their lack of professional services is costly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MissAJRCampbell
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location - close to La Rambla, the harbour front, Rambla del Raval, the funicular to Montjiuc, and Paral-lel metro station - though some of the neighbouring side streets and the view from our bedroom window looked a little sketchy (no issues though).

Accessibility was fine throughout for my wheelchair and locally, many of the main metro/subway stations had lifts/elevators. The hotel has a nice little rooftop terrace with drinks (beer, sangria and vermouth on tap), food, lounge chairs and music. Our room had a large floor-to-ceiling window that allowed natural light to fill the room; the bathroom was a large glass enclosure with no curtain to separate the shower from the toilet and sink (grab bars and a fold-down bench for the shower were provided).

Staff were friendly and helpful - the room was clean and towels were changed regardless of whether or not you hung them up for re-use. No complaints at all and would easily stay there again...even though the large picture of the mime on the 5th floor (which greets you when you step off the elevator) did freak me out. ;)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The key to your enjoyment of this hotel is managing your expectations. It is not a super funky 5 star modern creation, but it is a well located cool 3 star in a good location. It's website is a little more appealing than the reality in only about 20% of the images. The decor is quite industrial and the rooms are small but will look great as you open the door. Unfortunately it will be you that makes them look less appealing as you dump a suitcase and the rest of your stuff in the limited space available. They are basic and open plan with the shower and sink in the main room, the loo is set aside for privacy. The surrounding buildings are quite run down, so most of the windows are obscured by frosting. Upside is location and price, downside is that the walls are quite thin and noise can be heard ( in some locations ) from adjoining rooms. So considering that Barcelona can be very expensive this just might be the perfect hotel for a budget conscious one night traveller.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank David C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Acta Mimic is in a great location, just 5 minutes walk from Las Ramblas but the street itself is very quiet. The room was not the biggest but had everything we needed, and the unusual layout actually worked well and made it feel more spacious. Everything was clean and sheets/ towels could be changed daily if you wished.

The breakfast was great value - continental and cooked options with lots of choice served downstairs in a trendy restaurant/bar.

There is an attractive roof terrace serving paella (yummy!) and pizza (a bit dry!) along with reasonable priced drinks.

The staff made a real effort to be helpful and friendly and made us very welcome.

Overall, a great find - if I had a recommendation, it would have been great to have tea/coffee facilities in the room (but not many Spanish hotels do this I know..) .

Would definitely stay here again on another trip and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family