“Plesant stay!!”

Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #140 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Our stay at the hotel "Boutique Bed and Breakfast"
was very fine.
Beautiful room, friendly staff en a good
breakfast. It's also a very good location in the centre
of Barcelona.
We had a very plesant stay!!

Room Tip: unfortunately we had a room with no view. Before you book a room: ask if you want a room with a vie...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Went to Barcelona to see James Morrison.The Boutique is in an ideal location just off main street so not much noise on a night time. 10 min walk to La Rambla. We got train in from airport. The train stopped right at Paseig de Gracia just where we needed to be off at, so we didnt have to get on the metro. The B&B was so easy to find. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a nice continental breakfast served from 8.30 till 11am. The rooms are very small, but if your like us who only sleep, shower the next day and out again its ideal. We would certainly stay here again on our next trip to Barcelona

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a lovely 7-room hotel, located in a residential building, two steps away from the fashionable Paseig de Gracia. The hotel occupies one of the grand apartments in the building. The room I had ( #6) was very small, but had a very nice small bathroom (shower only) Modern bathroom features, nice tiles, but the wooden floor in the shower, though pleasant, smells awfully. Good strong shower. WI-FI works well

Not a 4 star, not even a 3 star. And clearly overpriced - for the rate of $132 (including tax) - no big mirror, no doors on the small closet, no working telephone, which I actually needed, but a useless decoration. but a nice arm chair in an adjustant small room, which probably used to be a terrace. The room has windows overlooking the court yard, so it is quiet, but dark. Lovely breakfast with great cofee, made to order by some fancy coffee machine.

On the down side - the place is rather disorganized. For example, they promised to help me find flights, and did so, but the person, who came to work in the evening knew nothing of the information that had been left for me. Kept denying that anything had been left. The next morning, of course, it was way too late to book the nice cheap flights that head been found for me. And, I had to book the $320 flight instead of the $150 one, available the night before.
The manager was very helpful when I had problems with the credit card (blocked, allegedly, for my safety :() She made the phone call for me, free of charge, and let me check out later.

Another minus is that the place is rather noisy. Could not sleep my second night there

The stay was totally ruined by the Agoda web site, which, as it turned out, charged me $50 more than the hotel would have. But, because they advertise the so called lowest nonrefundable rate, I could do nothing. They also changed the booking rate on me, in the process of booking. I was booking the $122/night room, but was charged $10 more for night, as I noticed after the fact. The www.agoda.com web site gives you no means of contacting them, nor replies to any messages you send them. So, while I recommend the hotel (even though it is expensive), I do not recommend booking it via Agoda.com web site

Book at the hotel web site. Do not stay in the rooms next to their front desk. As to vacuum your room. My bathroom was cleaned, very approximately, but the room was not vacuumed, which was not pleasant, since it is carpeted

Room Tip: Book at the hotel web site. Do not stay in the rooms next to their front desk.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel is highly recommendable for its location, service, decor, breakfast and cleanliness. The rooms and beds, however, are small and there is only one room with decent outside light. The internet connection is also very slow.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank C. F
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here 8 nights at the beginning of March. This is a great location in an upscale area of designer stores and plenty of cafes and restaurants; residential and commercial. You can walk to most major sites, and if not, then the Metro is just one street over on Passiage de Gracia. and such a great value for sophisticated and clean ambiance and a breakfast with a variety of breads, juice, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurt...

One of my favorite cultural activities is to find and use the local laundromat or laundry service. I have to thank Vicki for directing us to her neighborhood laundromat at Placa Sol in Gracia ...a really laid-back area for sitting in the sun and watching the local free spirits and their dogs and books and coffees...

Half a block up Pau Claris we found the restaurant Mixtella on our first day...and returned 3 more times...awesome food beautifully presented at a very reasonable price.

Next door to the B&B is a tobacco shop that very handily also sells the T-10 Metro cards.

Room Tip: Because we were staying for so many nights, they gave us their largest room, which has an additiona...
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hotel is in a walking distance from the subway and the localization is great. Next to La Pedrera and to Casa batlo. It's a great room with a beautiful bathroom and a nice balcony. The price is amazing and the service is awesome. The people are polite. They all speak English.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank shinemasla
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Boutique B&B for four nights in February.

The rooms are exactly as they show on the pictures and were great for our needs during our stay.

The locaiton of the B&B Is amazing. It is one block off of the Passiage De Gracias and all othe rmajor sights and roads. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go from this point with ease.

We had numerous options near by for pubs, cafe's, and restaurants and all the best shopping available. One notable restaurant is Josephine's just down the street. Amazing food, I highly reccomend trying while you stay here.

We had most of our staff interactions with Vicky, who was the PM staff for the B&B. She was great with directions and even helped us translate some dinner booking information that my Spanish was not good enough to understand. She was alwasy happy to see us and was super helpful with any and all our needs and requests.

Breakfast in the AM was a good light mix of cereals, croissants, home made baquettes, fruit and fresh coffee and was a much appreaicted start to our days of touring Barcelona.

You can tell this place is run with efficiency and love.

Two small negatives we had about our stay was that we could not easily figure out how to use our TV, but we didn't need it much anyhow and didn't pursue it. The other was that there seemed to be construction going on above us in the building. As the B&B only occupies a portion of a much larger building, this is always a potential and sometimes unavoidable. They did refrain from working until approx 8 am and it just encouraged us to get up earlier and see the city rather than sleep in and miss a sight or two.

We had WIFI access and this was greatly appreciated for helping us keep intouch with home and research our next adventure.

The major Metro and Renfe stations underground are also only a couple blocks away making our access to the airport and other areas of the City super accessable.

We would stay here again for sure, and we highly reccomend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple