“excellent experience”
Review of Restaurant Etapes

Restaurant Etapes
Reserve with
Restaurant Etapes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$67
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: The Etapes gourmet restaurant is located in the Eixample of Barcelona near the commercial center of the city. Etapes model seeks to contribute to a healthy and sustainable food with the use of techniques that respect the properties of a seasonal product and proximity. Cannelloni, roasted with foie gras and truffled cream cheese, shelled lobster, fresh fish, boned and crispy suckling pig and paella respect their traditional flavors with an updated preparation and presentation. We have a wide selection of wines with over 400 diferent references and the restaurant atmosphere is intimate and quiet.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“excellent experience”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited this restaurant in late february 2014. The service was excellent, we were very well looked after. We chose the menu at 35euros and it was delicious from start to end. The restaurant is minimalist, a small room, quiet and chaming. the caneloni with beef were certainly the highlight.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Lovely suprise!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband had booked this restaurant for valentines day. From the moment we arrived the service was superb, all the staff we very friendly and helpful. We really struggled to decide what to have but in the end went for the tasting menu of 5 dishes with wine matching and as it was valentines we were also given a cocktail and a glass of cava. The food was exceptional and the wine matched very well and not what I would have normally picked.

I loved this restaurant and would definitely go back.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Great place, shame about some of the food”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Would have been 3 stars if not for the amazing experience we had that night. Upon reflection, much of the food lacked the precision associated with somewhere costing as much (fatty pork belly not fully rendered, smears of prawn brains across the edge of the plate, etc.) Had a 6 dish tasting menu with wine matching. Perfect selection of wines (all local) well explained to us, some great nibbles around the 6 courses also. The matriarchal head of house is clearly the star of the show, making the whole experience a total joy, she is quick, efficient and very happy to chuck loads of wine down your neck. Fully expect local tastes but done in a "Michelin" styled way, although thankfully not just a bunch of pastes, cubes and gels.. hopefully it doesn't get this way in the future.

• Visited February 2014
“Great service, some food great, some ok”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We visited for lunch on Valentines Day as we had read the great reviews. We went for the set lunch menu and had a bottle of Cava and the bill was only £41 which was very reasonable. It was a lovely day, so we sat on the terrace which was lovely. The service was very warm, welcoming and friendly by a female member of staff who spoke great English. All of the dishes were very nicely presented. For starter I chose the cauliflower dish which was absolutely delicious. My husband chose the smoked salmon, which was nicely presented but with a tiny amount of smoked salmon that had chewy bits so he didn't enjoy it. For main, I went for the rabbit which i didn't really enjoy. The rabbit was very succulent and fell off the bone easily, but the flavour of rosemary was very intense and I am not great eating meat on the bone and every mouthful seemed to be with bones, which put me off a little (my problem, not theirs!). My husband chose the fish of the day, which again was quite a small portion. He did eat it but felt it was a tiny bit on the undercooked side. For dessert we had banana cake and tiramasu which were ok. I think with previous diners mentioning Michelin Stars, our expectations were too high. Overall an ok meal, with great service.

1 Thank Polly H
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Probably the best restaurant I've ever been to!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Probably the best restaurant I've ever been to! And I've been to good ones... Very friendly staff, amazing food! Many people say that should have michelin stars and I can only agree! I recommend this place and will go back every time I'll go to Barcelona.