“One of our best dinners in Barcelona!”
Review of Restaurant Etapes

Restaurant Etapes
Reserve with
Restaurant Etapes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 10,019 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$18 - US$71
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: The Etapes gourmet restaurant is located in the Eixample of Barcelona near the commercial center of the city. Etapes model seeks to contribute to a healthy and sustainable food with the use of techniques that respect the properties of a seasonal product and proximity. Cannelloni, roasted with foie gras and truffled cream cheese, shelled lobster, fresh fish, boned and crispy suckling pig and paella respect their traditional flavors with an updated preparation and presentation. We have a wide selection of wines with over 400 diferent references and the restaurant atmosphere is intimate and quiet.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went with a group of friends and ate outside and had a most wonderful meal. Our waiter Diego (Didac) was very friendly, spoke excellent English and had several great wine suggestions. We all loved our food and the wines. Had a hard time finding it because the awning with their name wasn't up but worth the search. One of the best meals we've had in Barcelona!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

If you are tired of tapas and want a sophisticated dinner in Barcelona you cannot go wrong here. The owner/host is charming, speaks perfect English, and the food and wine are both top notch. Run, don't walk to Etapes. Soon you'll have to wait months to get a table.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

With the acceptable rating on Tripadvisor we book the place.
What a surprise, the chipirones were cold and over cooked. Our main dish, Paella with fish, was in essence just rice with very little appearance of pescados in it. The red vine was of less than acceptable quality, for the price. To conclude service very distant and very cold.
Experience not to repeat any more.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

had a business meal @ Etapes
The restaurant is quite nice (not too big!). The food was very nice but the service (overall) was pretty average.
Wine list was OK but nothing too special.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really wanted to like this place after reading all the reviews and first impressions when me and my girlfriend got there. We sat outside as it was a beautiful evening and ordered chef's tasting menu with wine pairing, and two glasses of cava for aperitif. Those aperitifs never arrived. While the first dish was a bit weird, lukewarm raw shrimp, the other dishes - especially the duck confit ravioli with foie gras - were good and tasty, or at least could have been.

Next dish was a baby scallop in tomato water. The tomate water was very tasty, and my girlfriend's scallop was cooked to perfection. Unfortunately my scallop was overcooked to resemble a rubber ball, and it was full of sand or small pieces from the shell. When I noted our waiter about this and sent the dish back to kitchen, all I got back was a reply "Kitchen told that it is normal. Sometimes you just can't get all the the sand away, sorry". At that point, I just raised my eyebrown and thought myself that while I've been eating in countless fine dining restaurants, this is the first one who doesn't check if the product is properly cleansed before serving it, and tells the customer that it is normal, it just happens.

After finishing our second dish, our waiter remembered our wine pairing again and poured our second wine - which was meant for the scallop dish we just finished. Unfortunately our waiter didn't know a thing about the wines he served us, but told us (literally!) "This is your next wine. It's white. It's dry". Oh, really? In addition to this wine out-of-sync pairing, we found pieces of cork in couple of glasses, but after the response from the kitchen and our top notch wine presentations, we didn't bother to say anything about that, just laughed and waited to see how this all ends. Although I did test our waiter one more time and asked what was in the dish he just served us, pointing some mushrooms (funnel chanterelle to be exact). "I believe they are some vegetables". Right..

So, the conclusion. The dishes could have been good, but my overcooked scallop was full of sand, monkfish was killed second time by heavy overcooking, and suckling pig was sadly dry. Topped with miserable service and arrogant responses from the kitchen, I really can't recommend this place.

2  Thank Simo T