“Nothing Special, totally uninspired”
Review of Restaurant Etapes

Restaurant Etapes
Reserve with
Restaurant Etapes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 9,698 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$70
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: The Etapes gourmet restaurant is located in the Eixample of Barcelona near the commercial center of the city. Etapes model seeks to contribute to a healthy and sustainable food with the use of techniques that respect the properties of a seasonal product and proximity. Cannelloni, roasted with foie gras and truffled cream cheese, shelled lobster, fresh fish, boned and crispy suckling pig and paella respect their traditional flavors with an updated preparation and presentation. We have a wide selection of wines with over 400 diferent references and the restaurant atmosphere is intimate and quiet.
“Nothing Special, totally uninspired”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We ordered the tasting menu twice - and left the restaurant completely disappointed. The food was completely boring. Service was OK. There are lots of better restaurants in Barcelona. Etapes pretends to be more than it is.

3 Thank Totenmond2

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Marriage de vin et entree”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I love nice cuisine, and visited many restaurants in Paris, Tokyo, Kyoto, NY, Rome....
But the experience here was something new and we really enjoyed!
I visited with my colleague and young graduate student during my stay in Barcelona for a conference. But I can say I visited Barcelona only to visit Etapes!
I liked their style and sincerity not to try to serve more guests than they can afford to manage great service. The texture, taste and the magic of spice really stood out!
Also, the characteristic and unique wine choice were just perfect to enhance the excellence of the dishes. I am sure I would visit there again, next time with my family, for sure!

“AMAZING! ”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

For once in my life I'm lost for words. I've been in the restaurant business for many years, but still I've never experienced such a warm and heart-felt service as at this place - not even to compare with the food, which is on a complete extreme of gastronomic level as I've never tried before. I was in Barcelona for one week, and got to try many different recommended restaurants, but this is the one me and my boyfriend choose to come back to our last night - simply because of the 'wauw'-experience. This is a simply must go-to place!

2 Thank Sara D
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best meal in Barcelona”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this lovely restaurant on a quiet Sunday evening (Barcelona match so everyone is at Nou Camp) for dinner.

I had the chef tasting menu - outstanding food: highlights included the red prawn tartar (the clean, refreshing taste of the prawn contrasted perfectly with the rich red reduction) and the duck ravioli with foie gras cream (its foie gras cream, need I say more? But, seriously intense smoked duck breast in ravioli skin with the beautiful cream studded with bits of orange peel). Both these dishes were beautifully balanced and probably the most special from the menu, definitely expanded my perceptions on food pairing. The rest of the chef tasting menu were also prepared extremely well.

The restaurant director Didac and his girlfriend are also extremely friendly and pay a lot of attention to detail. This is often a difficult balance especially catering for solo diners - however I thought their service was amazing because they are extremely genuine and have a lot of passion for the food they serve. Believe me, this makes all the difference. I did not have any wine, but watching Didac recommend wine pairings to another table might have changed my mind because he knows exactly what he is talking about and recommends them in the most unpretentious way possible (if that is at all possible).

Overall the chef tasting menu also represents good value for money - 60 euro for a 7 course meal. Highly recommended. Excellent food, genuine service. You will enjoy your meal (all 3 hours of it) here and if you are lucky you will leave with new insight into life.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York
“Delicious”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This place was amazing. The staff were all incredibly friendly and spoke multiple languages. We got the chef's menu and every dish I would order again. My boyfriend has a crazy appetite and they even added in an extra cheese course so he wouldn't leave hungry! Overall a very delicious experience.

1 Thank Cait38