“Nearly perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Glory Facade Guest House
Ranked #168 of 310 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Overall our stay at the Glory Facade Guest House was just perfect.

We stayed in the Picasso Room - which is indeed kind of small, but in Barcelona you do not need anything more than a comfortable bed to sleep - this you can find there. The room was very clean and bright - same for the bathroom.

The well-designed dining/living room was frequently used by us as well, including watching the latest FC Barcelona match on the flat-screen TV.

The breakfast was decent, with unlimited cornflakes, eggs, toast, marmalade, butter, milk, juice, etc.

The kitchen is equipt with everything you need - from pans, cookers, wine opener, beer opener, can opener, etc.

The location is just perfect, directly in front of the Sagrada Familia Church - an amazing view every morning you leave the house - and the Metro station is at the same crossing (2 mins walk).

Our hosts were very friendly and helpful.

Thus overall we can highly recommend this place to anyone else!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Picassa Room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marle R

Reviewed 17 March 2012

This guest house is more like a hostel than a true guest house. There is no host on site, you're basically sharing an apartment with strangers, and those strangers are usually terribly messy. Breakfast consisted of cornflakes and Cocoa Krispies every morning and no one EVER washed their dishes. My stay was considerably longer than most the other guests: I was there for 8 days, and even though I was told that someone would be by to clean, that never happened. The trash was never emptied, I had to use the same grubby towel the whole time, and the sheets were never changed. That last bit would not have been such an issue if the floors weren't so filthy that I inevitably tracked dirt and dust into my bed every night. The small bathroom is about the size of a postage stamp so that when you're trying to shower, you're fighting the cling of the shower curtain the whole time, AND the drain is so slow, I had to shut the water off ever minute or so lest I flood the entire bathroom. Having a mirror in my room would also have been tremendously helpful in getting ready every morning.
The building itself is VERY noisy. I live on a very busy street in Seattle, so I'm used to late night noise, and that doesn't usually bother me, but this was different. You can hear every movement from every apartment in the building. When I was there, there was another tenant who was either bulimic or pregnant whom I had to hear EVERY night, and then every morning we were awakened to somebody's demolition/renovation (i.e. jackhammering) that went on from 0800 to 1600 every day I was there.
All that aside, this place was fantastically cheap and well located if you're worried about getting lost (not so much if you want to have non-touristy restaurants a stroll away). Next time I think I'll save up a bit more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We were lucky at the time of our trip back in July. A friend happened to be in the city and he was a fountain of information. He guided us from the airport through the Metro system to the B&B it wasn't complicated at all.
From the airport, we had called Bernat (host) who met us at the B&B (on time) and set us up in the back large room, 1 of 4 in the apartment. Wifi is included, No phone, No TV. There are extra bedcovers and a fan.

All rooms shared 2 bathrooms which were cleaned daily. Water pressure was never an issue. The only time the bathrooms weren't clean was when all the guests used them throughout the day. Cést la vie.

The kitchen was well stocked with dry breakfast goods, Buns, Muffins, Cereal. The fridge was stocked with Orange Juice and milk all the time. Each room had a dedicated shelf in the fridge and in the cupboards. Generally the guests had to clean up their own mess, luckily we didn't have any problems with other guests not picking up after themselves.

There is a Grocery store nearby but the fridge shelves are limited so don't buy by volume.

Lots of restaurants to choose from but if you're looking for Tapas you'd need to search out for one. Barcelona doesn't quite work the way the rest of Spain does. There's no Ciesta.

The location is awesome! Right next to Sagrada Familia! Waking up next to a place like this is never dull. I will say though the view is kinda smeared with tourists everywhere but at the end of the day, the tourists leave and the Basilica is left in it's splendor.

The only thing I can complain about, is the lack of extra keys. If there was a chance to even get a spare key for a fee, I would pay it.

Muchos Gracias, Bernat!

Room Tip: Make your request ahead of time. We asked for a quiet room upon our reservation. We got it! The ro...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beginnerToronto
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three nights during a recent trip, it was ok, our room was very small we had to step over our bag to get into bed, did not have any air conditioning which was ok for the month of May there was a fan provided, the view from our room looked directly into a square of other buildings many of which had the washing hanging out on the balconies, didin`t really matter much as we didn`t spend hardly any time in our room. Barcelona is amazing and the location of this guest house is its best point, right besides the fantastic La Sagrada Familia and located just a few mins from the train station. We hadn`t banked on having breakfast here anyway so weren`t bothered that on our arrival there was just a crust of bread left in the packet, three days later the same crust was still the only bread there, but there was juice in the fridge, milk tea coffee and plain biscuits provided. This guest house is basic but fine for somewhere to stay while visitng the great sights of Barcelona, the location is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The guesthouse is not identified at the entrance of building and naturally, we didn't know which floor it's located and the building being locked, we could not intercom to open the front entrance.

Finally a bit of mismanagement of timing, the person-in-charge appeared to open the door and showed us to the apartment. It's shared by 4 room units, all to share with 2 bathrooms. On the exterior, all looked modern and nice but i think the cleanliness can be much improved. It was nice to provide muffins and biscuits for breakfast in the kitchen though.

Location-wise, it's just opposite Sagrada Familia so that's great for this attraction. But will need to take a bus or metro to city centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Modern interior.Perfect location -just a few steps from Sagrada Familia,Metro station and restaurants.I felt like I'm at home!I know where to stay my next visit to Barcelona-Glory Facade Guest House.Thank You and hope to see You soon!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Gergana_11
Reviewed 16 March 2011

What else can I complain to this very beautiful BNB which I now call my home away from home? That's how I felt when I first arrived inside the house with the assistance of the owner. Very homey and quiet. Location wise, it's so close to the Metro train station. Just a few steps and you will cross the road you can get in to the train station. Another beauty of the location is being so close to La Sagrada Familia church. You will just cross the road and you are at the church already. So I get to see Sagrada everyday as I walk towards the METRO train station. Food wise, they have good supplies of dairy in the fridge that you can have for breakfast. Like milk, water, juices & yoghurt. They also have biscuits and bread. Regarding wifi, they also have it. They don't have a TV though... but who will come to Barcelona to just watch TV? I think it doesn't matter :) When I visit Barcelona again, I wouldn't think of any other BNB except this one. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo