“Quiet, comfortable and good price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Glory Facade Guest House
Ranked #167 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Quiet, comfortable and good price”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The Glory Facade Guesthouse is the perfect place to stay in Barcelona if you are staying for a short or long time and are looking for a quiet, cheap apartment with good location.

It is situated next to La Sagrada Familia, Metro, Tourist buses, Starbucks, souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, parks...and yet it is very peacful and quiet. It takes you about 20 minutes to walk to the city center, but if you prefer the metro, the station is right across the street.

The apartment is big. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one with shower, one with bath), a kitchen (the owners take care of breakfast- free toast, jam, juice, milk, eggs... you can cook lunch, dinner, use the fridge...), a dining room (big table) and a living room (two small sofas, TV, travel guides, free WI-FI). At the time of our stay there was only one other room taken, so we actually had 2 bathrooms for 2 bedrooms. The other couple was very nice, did not bother us at all, we had a nice chat about Barcelona and exchanged tips about what to see and when...

Me and my partner stayed in Picasso room, which is the biggest of the 4 bedrooms. It has a huge window, a good sized bed (I was in my 6th month of pregnancy and had no bigger trouble sharing :)), a desk and a chair, a mirror, a wardrobe and two night stands with lamps. The bathroom is right next to this room, which was also very convenient for me (especially at night).

A cleaning lady comes every two days, to clean the apartment and change the towels. The apartment is, however, not very clean (especially the kitchen and the living/ dining room are in real need of being thoroughly cleaned). And even though I really enjoyed this apartment it really bothered me that the kitchen was so sticky and was not really comfortable with touching anything in there or in the living room. That is the only problem I had with this apartment.

Overall, the apartment is great; good price, perfect location and comfortable rooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Picasso room is the biggest, most comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anja O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The location if this guesthouse is great, and we found it really easy to explore the city from here. The room was tiny but pretty good value. It did feel a but like staying in a students flat (very clean one) but I would stay here again, in one of the bigger rooms perhaps.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AlexMLondon
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here for a week and felt very comfortable here. We stayed in the Soller room. The room is small, just large enough for the bed, really. It is a nicely decorated and furnished apartment. We enjoyed meeting the other guests, and didn't feel we were in each other's way at all. The apartment is in a good, safe location and walkable to many tourist sights, although most nights we were tired out and took the metro back. We liked coming back each evening and sitting in the park across from the Sagrada Familia and admiring the illuminated church and its reflection. Kiku and Meri were easygoing and gave us some good tips on restaurants and introducing us to Barcelona.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frugs33
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Mediterranean cruise. Kiku was great about responding quickly to all of my emails, and Meri met us at the apartment the morning of our arrival. We had the Picasso and Dali rooms and shared the bathroom in between the two. Both were very comfortable and clean. Meri made sure we had plenty of milk, juice, eggs, and pastries stocked in the kitchen. Internet is free. Location is PERFECT. You're just steps away from La Sagrada Familia. Buy your tickets online in advance and enjoy a few hours there. Plenty of gift shops, restaurants, and the metro are all very close. If I happen to make it back to Barcelona in the future, I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank thejetsettergirl
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Perfectly located next to Sagrada familia, all clean and tidy. The rooms are not huge but perfectly fine for the money. You have all the flexibility to prepare breakfast or meals whenever you want. Great service and Barcelona tips and advice by the owners.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carl R
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I would stay here in a New York minute. Right next to the Sagrada familia, more importantly its a two minute walk to the metro. I stayed in the Miro (single) room. The bed is comfortable, no complaints. The kitchen, no complaints. They provide pots, pans, full ten yards if you want to cook for yourself. The people Kendy, Meri, Kiku, and John are just super people. I stayed in Barcelona for almost two weeks between their places. Started running out of clean clothes, they helped get them clean for a small charge. The best part I didnt have to "waste" a day doing laundry. Thank you. You share a bathroom with another room but its kept clean and tidy. No complaints. GREAT LOCATION . . . BETTER PEOPLE . . . THANK YOU

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kirbykirby
London
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The great thing about this flat is not only the location (right next to the Sagrada Familia, which is an amazing place to be) but also you've got a combination between self-catering and a hotel - they provide you with breakfast stuff & basic food/tea & coffee, but you've got use of the kitchen, can get up when you want, and go do your own thing.
I've stayed at the Padilla guest house before and with both bookings (run by same company) have been really impressed by how friendly and helpful they are. My first experience with Padilla guest house meant I wanted to book with them again. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo