“Nice Food, Service Ok”
Review of Bravo

Bravo
Reserve with
Bravo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,597 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
“Nice Food, Service Ok”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a mixed review, let me start with the welcome, which isn't so welcoming, in fact it made me want to turn on my heals and leave. The young lady looked extremely unhappy, she didn't try to engage, very short sharp sentences and waved her hand for us to follow to the table.

The menu itself is fairly good, but not much different from every other restaurant in Barcelona. Whilst browsing the menu we were asked if we wanted water which we kindly accepted but when we tried to order wine at the same time we were told we had to wait for the sommelier (we are still waiting). Our order was taken by a lady whom we think is the restaurant manager, she also took wine order. We did notice that although she was attentive in noticing drinks needed topped up etc when she was at the table she spent more time looking around at other tables rather than giving the guest she was serving her attention.

There were a few other tables around us who arrived at roughly the same time as us, the were given bread with oil and vinegar whilst browsing the menu, we were not offered this.

The food was lovely, very well cooked and in particular the lamb was amazing, this really is this restaurants saving grace. Saying that we did also eat lunch there one day and my salt cooked crayfish was raw, not what you expect from a Michelin star chefs kitchen!!!

Then we had the pleasure of encounter the welcomer again when we asked for the bill (ok not a pleasure) she dutifully brought the bill and the proceeded to stand over us until we looked at the bill and decided which method we would use to pay. I have only ever had this in cheap cafés before never in a restaurant, makes you feel as if after asking for the bill you are going to run away without paying!

Overall this restaurant is worth a visit for the food but don't expect great service as it's very inconsistent depending on your server.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Pammy0

• Korean first
Paris, France
“Rude Manager”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Everything about this restaurant is cool and could really make it a pleasurable experience except for the manager! It is funny to read the experience of Sara A as we had the exact same experience with my friends. We decided to change tables before we were even seated for one with a better view and the manager went completely nuts. The place was empty and her attitude was just unacceptable! Food is ok but nothing very special.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mira K
Milan, Italy
“Excellent tapas”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had tapas breakfast at Bravo. It is opened in the morning so that people can also come have breakfats after partying at the Eclipse. The food is delicious, the service excellent.

Visited April 2014
“Nice view, few selection”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Very few selection of items in breakfast buffet. One of the waiters flipped out when I changed my table to another with a better view, and until now I don't know the reason. Orange juice is heaven, cheese is OK.

1 Thank Sara A
“Not what I expected from a SPG and 1 michelin *”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

we were tole this was a 1 Michelin star - the food was poor, the service was very poor, they seemed disinterested in us (despite being platinum members staying in the hotel). they under cooked the steak, they over charged us and when politely checked there was absolutely zero apology. We cancelled our reservation for my wife's 50th and are so pleased we did as we booked at the hotel's Wave restaurant which is run by the hotel NOT AS A FRANCHISE.... the service and food and bill were absolutely spot on and a wonderful experience - see separate feedback - avoid is my advice.

Visited April 2014