“Average”
Review of Bravo

Bravo
Reserve with
Bravo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,064 of 9,924 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed 8 June 2014

In a city that boasts many superb Spanish restaurants Bravo needs to be great to stand out. I cannot fault the staff and atmosphere. However, whilst the menu teased me, the food was average. I felt underwhelmed. And unusually for an upscale location the portions were huge - far too big.

1  Thank DJM40
There are newer reviews for Bravo

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Based in the W hotel an excellent breakfast is to be found with one of the best buffets. Not cheap (currently 29€) but an excellent selection of food. Eggs are cooked to order and brought to your table as is the freshly pressed orange juice and coffee

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Please be careful this is not a Michelin Star restaurant, because of some misleading marketing ourselves and indeed many other customers believe that this was a Michelin restaurant but in fact it is a plain old Tapas bar located within the W Hotel Barcelona that is owned by Carles Abellan who in fact owns another restaurant that is Michelin star (Comerc 24). Now that I have clarified the mistakes we keep making I will detail the poor service from the staff. We arrived at 9PM and was greeted by a young lady who appeared to not be enjoying her job (apparently she was the manager!) anyway we did not have a booking and was told the restaurant was fully booked with only one table free slightly outside of the main dining area so reluctantly we accepted. I did ask another member of staff if we could move but after consulting the manager he confirmed that all the other, what would appear to be free tables were booked, so we carried on and ordered our food. To be fair the food arrived and was ok nothing above a normal Tapas quality and to be honest quiet expensive. We finished our food and by now it was close to 10:15 so I noticed that there was still a lot of free tables in the main area so I questioned the fact and the manager said they were coming after 11PM I was completely gob smacked??.
Steer clear of this restaurant there are plenty of far better restaurants in Barcelona.

3  Thank TerryChertsey
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Service was below average and confusing. Food came cold and not accompanied with anything (had monkfish with oil). Allot of food was over salted and I love salt.

1  Thank Trevor G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the whole Tapas experience was so good we went there twice in 5 days
Artichokes were also of the charts good

1  Thank Laurence D