“Not worth a visit”
Review of Tapeo

Tapeo
Reserve with
Tapeo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 10,282 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Do some of you really think that this IS the place for tapas??? They serve may be creative tapas but so much overpriced and just not good. I had scallops with jamon and mushrooms,and it was tasteless. I also had a wine,and even that felt bad. Thankfully I did not plan to dine there,I had a lunch at Museum de Maritim Cafe instead, but grabbing a small tapas and a glasss of wine for 15£ or smth like that,is just crazy.I did not feel ignored concerning the service, but it was not friendly like in themajority of spanish bars (like La Perla de Oro or Quimet&Quimet), where they really care about you and advise you the best they have.
The worst experience I ever had. Felt sorry I listened to fellow tripadvisors reviews.

3  Thank saumhain
Write a ReviewReviews (2,611)

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went there for lunch with a few friends. The service was good (granted we weren't there during the rush hours), and the place looked very neat. We ordered a bunch of tapas/desserts. Every single item was absolutely delicious: burrata and tomatoes were super-fresh and the combination of eggplant with honey worked surprisingly well. My favorites were the glazed cheek and the cuttlefish pasta. The cheek was very rich and flavorful and the cuttlefish pasta was an all-around perfect dish: a creative presentation + pasta & cuttlefish cooked to precisely the right degree. As far as desserts, the variety of flavors was awesome too: crema catalana was a great "traditional sweet" dessert, pina colada was refreshing, and chocolate with salt and olive oil was a creative (and good!) "not-very-sweet" choice. We were delighted with the bill too (~55 for four people, including a few drinks).

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Sunday evening... looked to tripadvisor for suggestions for a casual authentic local tapas place, and this came up first. # 4 in Barcelona... .. didn't think I could go wrong... sadly I was wrong and felt betrayed by my TA brethren... made a reservation for one... got there.. sat down at the bar.. this place is small. The person behind the bar was more interested in seating everyone than serving the patrons... so eventually got some help and a glass of wine.. ordered the boquerones and they were ok... got some bread with tomatoes that I wasn't really wanting but was so hungry at this point... then he asked me to move in the middle of my dinner... could understand that as he needed to seat more people, but that was the end of any service for the night. I was suddenly invisible to the servers behind the bar....some of the dishes I ordered didn't arrive....last dish I tried were the lentils that were a specialty.. I'm a huge lentil fan... can't really mess them up.. but they were so greasy and full of big pieces of fat.... I've been on a mission to try tapas on this trip.. All the places have been really amazing but was so disappointed with this place.

5  Thank casamoir
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I just say oooooohhhhh! Truffel eggs with foie and mushrooms....can it be better? No. Ok, this is not a cheap tapas bar, but they going all in! If you want something else than normal tapas, this is the place!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

After reading the reviews about this restaurant we wanted to give it a try and I am glad we did. The tapas were prepared fresh and if you have a seat close to the back you can see the 2-person kitchen hard at work preparing all the wonderful dishes. it is a small restaurant and when we were there, around 9:30-10:00pm there was a line to get in so a reservation may not be a bad idea. The honey and line eggplant and well as the panko aspergas to two excellent choices.