“FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #64 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Houston, Texas
“FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you are fortunate enough to stay at this hotel, you will be most impressed with the decor, level of service, and location. They are one block from one of the most fabulous shopping areas in all of Europe. No task is out of reach with the dedicated staff. If being in "in the lap of luxury" is your idea while traveling, this is your kind of place. I will go back any time I return to Barcelona!!

Room Tip: I had a junior suite on the fifth floor. It was beautul with every amenity you could possibly imagi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dianahrh1
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,
It’s been really nice to accommodate you in our hotel!
I want to thank you for your extremely kindness with all the hotel staff and I’ll transmit to them your lovely message
José Luis Fernández

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I really enjoyed by stay at the Claris. Having been at the Mobile World Congress surrounded by 80,000 other people for a week, for my last day and a half in Barcelona I wanted to move somewhere quite, clean and beautiful. The Claris was perfectly located for me; close enough to the centre of town via a 15min walk, and far enough away to be quiet in the evening. Its a stones throw from some of the famous landmarks of the city (again within walking distance - 5-6 blocks to the La Sagrada Familia for example) and its situated at a nice crossroads with plenty of cabs of you need them. The room was large and very clean with lovely, Egyptian-themed fabrics and decorations, including some in glass cases (beware of your kids!). My stay included a complimentary pass to the Egyptian museum across the road (owned by the same group apparently) which was interesting and worthwhile. The staff were very attentive and very conversational without being annoying. The only quibble I had was breakfast - while it was delicious, it was a small buffet with some a la carte choices. I enjoyed it, but I know several of my colleagues would have enjoyed a much bigger spread as they are accustomed to at larger chains. I'll definitely stay again on my next visit to Barcelona. Very happy with my stay there.

Room Tip: Book well in advance if you want a room with a view, but if youre not bothered, most of the rooms se...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HK_Dwayne
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly in case you want to come back to the Claris Hotel.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the Claris Hotel for 2 nights in March 2014 and have to say its a very beautiful hotel in a great location. The staff were friendly and courteous throughout the stay. Getting free access to the Egyptian museum down the road was a nice surprise as well. Both my partner and I enjoyed the ancient art work in the room and on the first floor. I felt this was a lovely touch which showed originality over other luxurious hotels I have stayed in.

The one criticism I had, if you can call it a criticism, is the blind wasn't a blackout blind (which I am used to) and so I was awoken by the sunlight. By the second morning however I found this to be a much pleasanter way to wake up rather than alarm and as the trip was for sightseeing the main aim is to be out and about early anyway.

If I ever return to Barcelona this will be the only Hotel I look to stay in. A very big thanks to all the staff especially the maid who came in at approx 5pm both evenings to prepare the room and the very nice waiter at breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in the standard room and found it more than pleasant and wouldn't see the need to upgra...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
It was a real pleasure for us to accomodate you in our Hotel and we feel very happy to know that you enjoyed Barcelona and your stay with us!!!
Do not hesitate to contact us for everything you will need in the future.
With warm regards,
Concord, MA
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We picked it on line for its design-oriented description. The Claris really is visually exciting throughout. We were especially pleased by the staff and service. The breakfast buffet is first rate. The hotel has a little in-house Egyptian museum, and provides a free pass for the larger Egyptian museum down the street. We should have booked farther ahead to stay here all the nights we were in Barcelona.

Room Tip: We had a great view of Barcelona from our sixth floor window.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the Claris Hotel during Mobile World Congress week. As others have described, the hotel is modern, stylish, and the rooms are spacious with a great bed. It is truly a luxury hotel in a great location -- with prices to match. But what made the Claris special was the staff. I left my mobile phone and charger in the room when when I checked out at 6 AM to catch an early morning flight. One call from the airport to the hotel, and the staff retrieved my phone and sent it to me by FedEx! What a great experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike_Dupont_DC
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your beautiful words and I'm really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay among us.
I remain at your entire disposal for everything you will need in the future.
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2014

we arrived in barcelona at 6:30 a.m., and at the claris hotel shortly after.... our room was available, and we were greeted cordially !!!.... the room was beautiful , spacious, and had a bed that was super comfy !!! room was spotless, and the bathroom was gorgeous !!!... the bath salts, shampoo etc. were so beautifully presented... a real class act !!!.... the lobby is gorgeous, breakfast coffee was delicious !!!....... turndown came with chocolate, and a bud vase with a red rose !!! a bottle of fancy water and wine were delivered to our room for my birthday ( which hubby advised the desk of)... cannot wait to return to barcelona and he claris !!!!!t

Room Tip: room was wonderful
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 10chocoholic9
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,
It’s been really nice to accommodate you in our hotel!
London
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Having stayed in Barcelona on many occasions, I know how difficult it can be to get 'the right' hotel. I was on my own and wanted a few days of peace and quiet but not to be too far from the shops and good places to eat. This hotel absolutely did the job!
Greeted by a helpful doorman who took my bags from the taxi, the chap at reception couldn't have eben more welcoming or helpful. My room was large enough and had a comfortable bed. The decor was simple, elegant, rather than stylish. The bathroom, though compact, was very well designed and had a good sized bath and powerful shower with instant steaming hot water.
Lots of fluffy towels, bathrobe, slippers (replaced daily!) and a good supply of quality toiletries all help to make you feel at home. And the roomw as well insulated so that I was never disturbed by late or early activity in the corridor.
The breakfast was superb. A very good fresh buffet with a number of hot options to order. My breakfast was included in the room rate so worth checking when you book.
If I'm going to have a moan it is only the absence of a coffee maker in the room. I expect that in a 5* hotel. I also could ahve done with better pillows - being alone I had extra to hand from the other side of the bed, but they were quite thin and easily flattened.
The location is good for shops and there are some good local restaurants and bars. I'd certainly recommend this hotel and commend the staff for their courteous attentive service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank liberaceLondon
Dear Guest,
We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.