“Elegant, Helpful, and Friendly”
Review of Hotel Claris

Hotel Claris
Ranked #60 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Salem, Massachusetts
“Elegant, Helpful, and Friendly”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our stay at the Claris Hotel in Barcelona was a blessing for first time travelers to Spain. The rooms were elegant, comfortable, unusually roomy--each having its own sitting room. All the appointments were modern and tasteful. The breakfast is the best I have ever experienced at a hotel, and the rooftop restaurant is a good lunch stop and nice way to cap off the evening. The staff at the Claris were patient and very helpful, especially the concierge, Laura, and her assistant. Every recommendation and set of directions they gave to us was spot on and worth the effort and expense. The Hotel Claris is very close to The Rambla and some of the Goudy exhibits, which are fundamental to a visit to Barcelona. When I go back, which will be soon, Hotel Claris will be my first choice.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are quite nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 766Stinkeye766
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen Claris Hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona.
We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.
José Luis Fernández

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Three nights at Pau Claris, Barcelona, were a wonderful experience. Upon check in, I was ushered to my room, which was one of the "duplex" style, meaning it has an upstairs lounge area with TV, mini bar, couch and chairs. This is a nice touch, especially if you're staying for more than a few nights or one person likes to sleep while the other works or surfs the internet. The bathroom is an absolute haven with all the amenities. Similarly, there is a very useful closet with hangars and drawers (as well as a safe) in which you can keep your clothing organized for longer stays. Staff are gracious, helpful, prompt, and capable. My laundry was returned early, magnificently presented in a lovely basket. What a wonderful touch! On the roof, you'll find a swimming pool to relax and cool off as well as a bar, gym, and meeting rooms. The location was in the center of an upscale neighborhood with all the shopping/dining options you could hope for. Since I like to walk cities, I ventured easily to the old town and the Sagrada Familia. Again, the staff are great! I will upload photos with this review to show the clever design and amenities of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SanNic44
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm so glad and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay among us and the city of Barcelona.
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We couldn't have asked for a nicer experience on our recent stay in Barcelona. We ended up at the Claris both before and after a biking trip and enjoyed the comfortable room, helpful staff, fun terrace bar, and full breakfast. Even though the hotel is located only a block from Passage de Gracia, our room was quiet and the room darkening shades really helped to be able to sleep. We were even able to get into our room early on one of our stays. Laura and Mariane at the concierge desk were extremely helpful with dinner reservations and our visit to the Segrada Familia. Alex at the front desk was very responsive to any requests. Would definitely recommend for a centrally located stay away from the craziness down near the waterfront.

1 Thank bargriffin
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your beautiful words and I'm really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay among us.
I remain at your entire disposal for everything you will need in the future.
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Perfect position close to passage de Gracia and all the shopping and eateries you could want.
Staff were very professional, friendly and helpful, big thank you to cleaning staff who kept the room No310 immaculate, plenty of clean sheets towels etc and also kept the hotel itself looking great, they work very hard.
Rooms were very smart and bed was large, comfortable and a delight to sleep in after a long day walking round the city.
Roof terrace, polite and courteous staff, nice seating various types, sofas etc, nice pool for a swim or just keeping cool in the sun, drinks and food available, just ask.
Our room overlooked the busy intersection but i must say that with the soundproofing on the window we did not hear a thing at night, so don"t worry just enjoy the view.
On the picky side, the shower was great but complicated to use at first, would be a problem if elderly, no kettle etc for an early or late night drink and air con could be a bit cooler as would be stuffy in mid summer.
We enjoyed our stay of four days at the hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to our friends and would like to take the opportunity to thank all the staff concerned for making our short stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: If you have any special requirements , inform the staff and i am sure they will sort it out, apart f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelbugs05
Dear Guest,
It’s been really nice to accommodate you in our hotel!
I want to thank you for your extremely kindness with all the hotel staff and I’ll transmit to them your lovely message
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just some 100 meters from Pg de Gracia. You can easily access the main shopping sites and the Metro. Bus 24 goes directly to Parc Guell which is just 200-300 meters away from hotel.
Decoration is new and modern. Electronic Curtain gives us an exellent sleeping experience!
Very nice staff and we really enjoy the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you this positive feedback because this is what encourages us every day to try to make the stay of our clients the most memorable.
My best Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Claris is part of the Derby boutique hotel group. It's centrally located, has beautifully appointed rooms, bars on ground and roof (pool) level, and all the amenities we look for. Most importantly, the entire staff was wonderful and helpful in every way.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs if you are street noise sensitive. Couple, ask for dual twins to be remade as a king...
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly in case you want to come back to the Claris Hotel.
Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was booked as part of a conference. I like to have space in the bathroom to put my toiletries out & an area next to the bed so I can put my things out. This hotel does not have either. The staff were very helpful and the position was good

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Evelynne G
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for staying at the Claris among us.
Let me inform you that just we have finally reedecorated every room individually and I can assure you that, I ´ll be delighted to show you in your next visit to Barcelona, your new impression will be of a 5* GL.