“Amazing hotel”
Review of Hotel Claris

Hotel Claris
Ranked #69 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Thanks to Hotel Claris, we had an amazing trip to Barcelona. The service could not have been any better, the rooms were fantastic (they also kindly upgraded us to a suite as we were celebrating a birthday) Rooms were cleaned twice a day, fantastic location and the restaurant on the top floor is beautiful. Gorgeous food, service and view! I really cannot say a bad word about this hotel, I felt that they really went above and beyond to create the best visit for us.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear guest,
We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it helps us to constantly improve. I would like to use this opportunity to say that we would like to welcome you again in the future.
Yours sincerely,
José Luis Fernández

Write a ReviewReviews (1,993)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is very well located, just a block off Paseo de Gracia and 10' walk from Plaza Catalunya, this is probably it's major advantage. The building is nicely renovated and the rooms are modern, reasonably spacious and comfortable but it's great location is also a disadvantage as the rooms can be quite noisy given its proximity to major streets in a city that truly never sleeps. We stayed twice and the second time asked the bell boy to change to an interior rooms which management obliged and this made a huge difference.

While nicely renovated I believe that they have a problem with their old pipes, both tub and sink didn't drain well on either stay, and the first time we had to ask twice to fix it which they eventually tried but with less than optimal results.

Staff is friendly and the service in general is good. The roof terrace restaurant has a reputation for good cuisine according to local friends.

We were glad that we didn't book a rate with breakfast included, they offered us 50% discount for breakfast when we checked in but we had to commit to it daily.

Not a bad experience in general but next time I will try a different hotel

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room and don't book breakfast in advance
2  Thank Kubus I

Dear guest,
First at all thank you very much for the time you spend written your comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very sorry to read that your experience with us was not as pleasant as you expected.
Thank you very much for your feedback and let me inform you that we have 124 differents rooms ( combines modern and traditional style ).
I would love to take care personally of your next visit in case you will decide to book in our hotel.
My best regards,
Director General

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our second time at Claris Hotel. It is in a good location, and is modern and attractive. There are some things that need improving to make it outstanding. Twice our keys would not work--apparently the magnetic strip kept malfunctioning. It was a hassle to have to get new keys two times in three days. The reason given was that the keys possibly were by our I Phones, or perhaps came too close to something in a store! That seems odd since so many carry phones with them now, and who doesn't go into stores? When we suggested they get a new system they just shrugged it off. The staff tried to be helpful with information but sometimes we were given inaccurate information. The hotel also was quite noisy as it was used every day for outside functions. (We don't remember it being used so much for outside functions).

1  Thank C434HVchristinem

Distinguished client,
First of all I want to thank you for your feedback as it is really important for us to receive it.
We take good note of your comments and for sure they will help us to improve.
Please contact me in your next visit, I'll be more than pleased to welcome you again at the Claris.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Perfect location. Big rooms. Well priced and helpful staff. A definite if your considering a 5 star hotel in the city. Whilst I'm sure there are more modern hotels the claris is a perfect stop if you enjoy excellent service and we'll appointed accommodation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hotel for your comments. These type of comments allow us to improve our service every day.
We hope to see you soon.
Bests Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked a junior suite (paid in advance!) and when we arrived, we were given a room! They defended that it was a suite until I told them that a suite has a sitting area and a separate bedroom! It took convincing (by showing them photos from their own website) to get a suite we had booked and paid for already! The staff are nice when you have a question but at other times don't expect the friendly Spanish greetings from the reception staff or the door porter (who was always smoking or on the phone!). The rooms are not soundproof as stated (since you can even hear the toilet flushing from other rooms!)... Location is not convenient and quite far from the beach and the old town (city centre). This is a good hotel but definitely not a five star and I do stay in quite a few 5* hotels every month!

Room Tip: If you have paid in advance, make sure you save photos of the type of room you book as the reception...

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your mail and we are honestly concerned and a bit surprised with your comments.
Let me inform you that we have 124 differents type of rooms ( superior, executive, junior suite, duplex and suites).
Guests at the Claris Hotel are connoisseurs of art, culture and luxury, who appreciate the quality of the materials and the sophisticated combination of classic styles with the most avant-garde modernity.
The essence of the Claris philosophy is captured the perfect marriage of luxury and culture.
The hotel Claris, which I am proud to lead, is an establishment that enjoys international prestige and receive congratulations from hundreds of satisfied customers, both in its facilities and the service and care provided to our clients.
Since it is really important for us to get the feedback from our guests, I would like to thank you for your comments.
I remain at your entire disposal and if you have to visit Barcelona in the future, please be so kind to contact me in order to offer you a very special treatment.
PD: Let me inform you that our two door porters don´t smoke.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed there on a business trip. I was looking for a nice hotel in a central location that was not touristy for a solo trip. I checked in on a Wednesday afternoon thru Sunday. As a solo traveler in Europe I always make sure I request a room with a western style double bed. When I checked in I was escorted to my room to make sure everything was OK. It was a really nice room with separate seating area but it had 2 single beds pushed together. I asked to be moved and immediately was shown another room. It was smaller and was inside so there was no natural light but it worked out nice for me. I think the original room would have been noisy actually. And the bathroom was huge with a great rain shower.

The key for me was the location, .I didn't want to be in the Gothic Quarter or around a tourist area. I walked all over the place... La Sagrada Familia, to the beach down Las Ramblas. Everywhere and on the days I couldn't walk anymore, the metro was a few short blocks away.

The concierge staff was very nice but the 2 times I did ask questions, the answers were incorrect so it was good that I relied on my Lonely Planet and Rough Guide books.

I would 100% recommend this hotel to people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
It’s been really nice to accommodate you in our hotel!
I want to thank you for your extremely kindness with all the hotel staff and I’ll transmit to them your lovely message
My best regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The classic exterior of the hotel is deceiving since the interior is a very modern, stylish venue with egyptian art in many places. The rooms have a nice size and a great bathroom. The roof top terrasse with pool offers great views.
Our room went out on a street with lots of traffice and was rather noisy. The black out shades really black out all light!

Room Tip: Try getting a room to the inside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your information.
After having read your review belonging to your stay with us, I would like to thank you for your comments, that for sure, will help us to improve.