“excellent hotel...great location!”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #42 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was our first time in Barcelona and as usual, I poured over others hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com to find a great place for my mom, myself and my daughters.
I wrote the hotel in advance and even though they weren't the quickest in responding, a wonderful junior suite was waiting for us. It's wasn't the biggest suite I had ever stayed in but it was luxurious. The bathroom and rain shower alone was worth the stay! The hotel floors are quiet and peaceful. The bed was wonderful.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, as all the others have said. Breakfast was not included with our room but it did look lovely, albeit expensive for the buffet. We got coffees and pastries at the little cafe right across the street. Parking was a little costly...about 30 Euro a night...but it is city center.
A wonderful stay! We will come back!!

Room Tip: if you are traveling with children, be sure to ask for a junior suite (or above)
2  Thank caldwell4az
GM-GRavasi, General Manager at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your opinion posted about your stay with us.
I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.
It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again at Majestic Hotel & Spa.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Attention to detail and faultless service accompanied us throughout our stay at the Majestic. Situated just a 15 minute stroll along patterned tiled pavements into the centre, this hotels small but beautiful deluxe rooms wrap you as would a cashmere blanket. Stay here if you want to feel pampered. Step outside if you want to experience all that Barcelona has to offer on your doorstep.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maria O

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, and I am very glad to read that you had a wonderful stay.
We hope to see you again at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great hotel amazing service and in the most perfect location for seeing Barcelona. The rooftop terrace has an amazing view. Rooms are very good, beds fantastic, super service makes this hotel one of the best in Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank john t

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am more than glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Majestic Hotel & Spa will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

It was my first time in barcelona and this was the perfect choice of hotel if you are looking for luxury, comfort, great service and most importantly very accessible location with attractions and shops within walking distance. Perfect location for shoppers as you get great choice of luxury boutiques, high street brands - all within walking distance including La Ramblas and metro station. We could shop and walk back to the hotel to dump our bags and carry on shopping. Concierge and hotel staff speaks perfect English and provided the most helpful and courteous service, excellent restaurant recommendation. Tourist attractions like casa batllo and mila la pedrera is a stone throw away. Cab from airport to hotel only costs euro23 - great value if you are travelling more than 2 people and have many baggage to handle. Most impressed with the roof top bar as it offers a spectacular view of the city and you can even see la sagrada familia! Will definitely return when i ever i visit barcelona. Coffee lovers will be treated to a nespresso machine, only downside is that there is no kettle to boil your own water to make other beverages. Unless you are staying in a suite, there's no free wifi access but guests can make use of free internet service at the business center.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker.. go for a junior suite facing the front as you have access to a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JeanJayLo

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your opinion posted about your stay with us.
I have taken note about your suggestion of having a kettle in the room, but let me explain you that we have some of them in stock just in case our clients ask for one. Please accept my apologises if nobody informed you about this. Moreover I will take into account your comments regarding Wifi service.
Thank you very much for your feedback and let me express you that it have been a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Majestic Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Where can I start? We came with our children for the first time to Barcelona. Hotel was located in a fabulous location....felt like walking into luxury. It is next to all the shopping and close to many monuments. Metro station was close by (one block) for access to rest of the city.

We reserved a junior suite with the children. Room was very clean and large...especially by european standards. Bed was very comfortable as well as the pull out used by my son. Top of the line toiletries and amazing rain head shower. View was also wonderful and no noise heard in the room.

Concierge service was top notch as well with every restaurant recommended a hit. Be careful with directions as these can be confusion and always have a map with you.

Only downside was Wifi access. Free for the suite, but only one device can be logged on at a time. The log in process was outdated and cumbersome....easier to go to business center for online access...especially when kids wanted on line access as well.

That being said, i would definately stay here again....our best hotel by far during our stay in Spain....I would highly recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your stay.
I will transmit your comments to each department head involved, in order to congratulate them for the service that they offered you during your stay.
I have taken note about your comments regarding WIFI service and the lack of connection systems in your rooms. I am very sorry about the inconveniences it might caused to you during your stay. I inform you that I have already passed on your comment to our Maintenance department.
Your reviews are vital to maintain and improve our quality standard and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you to Majestic Hotel and Spa the next time you come back to Barcelona.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

As it did on our first trip 3 years ago, and this time under very different circumstances, the Majestic was a 5 star experience. We returned this time with our 2 kids and instead of staying in the Hotel itself -- we stayed next door in the Majestic Apartments. Spacious and fully appointed 2 bedroom and 2 beautiful bathrooms, washer and dryer, full kitchen, 3 televisions, two patios. Very spacious, first class, comfortable option if travelling with kids or friends you want to all be together. Full access to the hotel restaurants, bars and gym (gym is executive quality with top of the line equipment). We love this hotel, its central location near the train, tourist buses, walk to everything from Pedera to Barrio Gotic to La Rambla to the beach. It's first class and high end -- great service and accomodating staff. Its in the middle of great restaurants and shopping. From end to end its top notch.

I have one complaint -- especially if you have kids -- and the front desk acknowledged this problem and that it really needs to address it: the WIFI is very expensive and only person can be online at a time. This is wholly inconvenient and unnecessary in this internet age. Literally one person has to sign off for the other to use the private wifi code? I hope on my next trip the hotel will have rectified this problem. A second observation -- the bed was surprisingly a touch soft -- probably could use an upgrade of the mattress in the Master suite (but this is a matter of personal choice for sure!). Otherwise -- 5 star experience!

Room Tip: We were in a apartment NOT facing the Passeig Gracia -- and it was nice and quiet. Street views are...

Dear Madam/Sir,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Majestic Residence. It is very important to us to know both, the aspects in which we do well and the ones in which we need improvement and thus, keeping us on our way to excellence.
I have taken good note about your comments regarding the Wifi service and your opinion about uncomfortable bed. I will pass your comments to our housekeeping department to revise this mattress.
It have been a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you come back to Barcelona.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Our family of four stayed in a Junior Suite, which was bright and contained all we needed. Excellent TVs, good bathroom, with Bulgari toiletries, though needed to keep a careful eye on the shower to stop water leaking into the bathroom. Housekeeping staff kept the room immaculate and there was a welcome bottle of wine and pate/olives on arrival.

Service in general was excellent, though it took some time to retrieve our bags from storage when departing.

The best part of the hotel was its location, in one of Barcelona's grandest streets close to two Gaudi attractions and many top branded shops.

Breakfast was varied and plentiful, though the food on offer did not seem to change from day to day. The restaurant where it was served, however was somewhat dull.

Free wi-fi came with the suite, but only one device could be connected at a time, which had one advantage in keeping the kids off u-tube! Seriously the hotel needs to follow the example of other hotels where more than one device can be connected, without an additional charge.

The hotel arranged transport to meet us at Barcelona airport which was all very efficient at Euro 110. Going back to the airport we easily caught a comfortable cab at a cost of Euro 26.50!

A small roof top pool and bar are a nice touch and would be great in summer when the weather warms up a little.

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your opinion posted about your recent stay with us.
I have taken good not about your suggestion regarding the device connections, we will take it into account for future arrangements.
It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again to Majestic Hotel & Spa next time you come back to Barcelona.