I have spent one week in Majestic for business reasons. The hotel is very centrally located on the beautiful Paseig de Gracia, walking distance from La Rambla and Plaza de Catalunya. It is an elegant hotel, looking calm and refined. The Standard room I stayed in was quite small but nicely decorated in neutral tones, clean and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was a pure heaven, very spacious and well designed, with quality toiletries from Bulgari. A nice touch that I appreciated was the Nespresso coffee machine. The only downside was the lack of storage space in the room, which forced me to hang my clothes in the bathroom. I was quite disappointed but I didn’t want to change the room as it was the fourth room which was offered to me and the only one that (partially) met my expectations. People might believe that I’m very fussy and difficult to please but the only thing that I requested was a quiet room as the qulity of sleep is important to me. The first room that was assigned to me bigger and had storage space. Unfortunately it wasn’t very quiet so I requested to see another one. I was presented one under the roof, having above the window the very noisy air-conditioning unit. Then I have been shown another room (superior category), which was large, had a separate dressing but it was located near the elevator and was facing the parking (so not quiet at all…). Finally I chose the first room…big mistake. When the family (two parents + two small children) accommodated in the room next to mine returned to the hotel, my nightmare started. The kids were screaming and running around, the father was shouting at them and the mother was talking on the phone on the corridor. On top of this, the TV had the volume at maximum. I was desperately trying to sleep for more than two hours but it was impossible so I went to the Reception, explaining the situation and the begging the person on duty to give me a quiet room. The guy was very nice and understanding; he immediately found me another room and sent the bellboy to help me with the luggage. In ten minutes I was moved but it was 1 am in the morning. There were no other problems during my stay, except at the check-out when my bill was charged with various minibar things that I didn’t consumed. After discussing with the Receptionist, these were removed but not all so I had to request again until all were removed. After three changes, I finally got the correct bill. I didn’t have breakfast in the hotel but I had tapas and drinks at the bar on the roof, which was lovely, with a great view and the food was delicious. The hotel staff was mixed: while some people were efficient and helpful, others were less focused and a bit affected. To conclude: I’m not sure if I will stay again at Majestic as my experience was not a pleasant one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe 5-star traditional hotel in the real heart of Barcelona, few steps away from Gaudi monuments and famous Rambla. Entirely renovated, it offers excellence in service for the most demanding travelers. Rooftop terrace with panoramic view and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel And Spa Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Majestic Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona Catalonia