“Amazing Experience ! Great Value for money !”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #41 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 November 2013

After couple of worst Hotel experiences in Barcelona , for final night I checked in Majestic Hotel. Was welcomed by Pascal Billiard - General Manager at Lobby where I understand he does this for most of his guests checking - in.

What an Amazing Hotel is this and how famously it has been managed. The luxury and hospitality is hidden in every detail your eye can catch. I was thrilled to have the red roses in every where , orchids placed in every room. The staff starting from reception are great , Guest Relation Manager Ingrid , how welcoming and attentive she was to make me feel comfortable and feel at home. Always on alarm waiting for guests to ask something so that they can make it happen.

I only stayed one night and given the limited time frame , I had a fantastic sleep, the bathroom was large and rain shower experience was remarkable. Breakfast is something every guest should enjoy and taste before they leave. Wi-Fi in the room was fullest and so satisfactory. Hotel has the best location looking to one of the richest and famous streets in Barcelona.

Bathroom amenities are Bvlgari and it is a real treat to your body and hair. Next time , will ensure to stay couple of days more.

Thanks to Majestic for making me feel special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests because your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation and general services.

I am happy to see that we were able to offer an overall enjoyable experience and that you appreciated the quality of our customer service, the great confort of the room and the variety of the breakfast buffet.

I really hope that we have the chance to welcome you again soon,

Pascal Billard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We just got back from Spain! We stayed at the Majestic for 4 days and we loved it! The location is fantastic, about a 15 minute walk to Las Ramblas, on the Passeig De Gracia which is a main street with great shops. You're not right on top of Las Ramblas, but you can walk over to the 2 Gaudi residences in the neighborhood. The hotel has a great rooftop deck, pool, bar, with great views of the Sagrada Familia. The staff is great, very helpful. The room was beautiful, 3rd floor overlooking a quiet street. We loved everything about the room except that it is a tad on the small size, and had twin beds. It was all beautifully done. There is a big gap in price from our room to the rooms with the king size beds, probably another $150-$200 a day, not worth it to me...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us.
We are more than happy to learn that your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa met your great expectations and that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel, its great view from the Dolce Vitae rooftop, the comfort of the room and finally, the friendliness of the staff.

We hope to have the chance to welcome back soon !

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Majestic was recommended by an American executive stationed in Barcelona. It is elegant, perfectly situated, rooms are up to date and even the small standard one was adequate with a great bathroom, large screen TV with a huge channel lineup, good turn-down service, AC works great, Concierge was excellent, very attentive staff: friendly doorman, front desk personnel, bar staff, and even the bellman bend over backward for you. My understanding is that they are trying to become a five-star hotel. With the number of Americans we met while staying there the only thing I can recommend would be someone always on duty on the rooftop bar (which is not to be missed) who is fluent in English. The other thing is the grossly inflated breakfast price of 37 Euros. Really? You think any breakfast can be worth that much? That is one way to cut out the common American tourist as I didn't meet a single one who ate there, but as with anything, someone will pay the price (if they are on company money especially). I also lacked any success getting an email reply as I read about in other reviews. In this day of internet that just should be a priority to fix.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrueReviewTexans

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests because your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation and general services.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the confort of your room, the amazing view from the La Dolce Vitae rooftop and the concierge service. However, I regret that we failed in offering a fluent English speaking service at the rooftop bar. I will make sure to share this observation with the related department.

I really hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Such a wonderful hotel. Amazing staff. Breakfast buffet was wonderful and the very nice lady who was at the egg station couldn't have been sweeter. We ended up with an upgraded room and it was absolutely fantastic.

The rooftop bar is not to be missed. I would say that my one caveat was that the service on the rooftop bar was a little slow. Not a problem for us as we were in no hurry to leave. But I did hear other patrons complaining about the service. Guess I was too relaxed to care all that much and was enjoying myself too much. So if you are in a hurry for a quick drink, I'd say stick to the bar on the main level. It was wonderful and I highly suggest getting the Parmesano-reggiano appetizer to nibble on with your wine. It was heavenly.

Majestic Hotel - you outdid yourself. Thank you. We will definitely be back.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us.

We are more than happy to learn that your experience at the Majestic met your great expectations and that you appreciated the great view from the Dolce Vitae rooftop, such as the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just returned from an amazing stay at the Hotel Majestic. Beautiful room overlooking Passeig de Gracia, gorgeous marble bathroom, HUGE breakfast buffet, breathtaking views from the rooftop bar. All incredible. But it is the STAFF that made our stay. We had a series of emails before arrival helping us with restaurant recommendations/reservations and a hair salon appointment for me. When we arrived we had early check-in - an unexpected but very welcome treat. Every day the concierges helped us with maps, directions, a car rental, etc., We were greeted personally and warmly - we felt like royalty! Marta in guest relations was especially kind to us - she made us feel like we were the only guests at the hotel. We bumped into the GM - Pascal - as we were leaving, and he too, was gracious and warm. The neighborhood is upscale and all that, so I should mention that, too AND you can walk to La Padrera and Casa Botllo - STAY AT THE HOTEL MAJESTIC you will be thrilled you did. We were and we are already planning to return.

Room Tip: Junior Suite overlooking Passeig de Gracia -large and comfortable.
2  Thank Victoria Z

Dear Victoria,
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your impressions with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the confort of your room, the variety of the breakfast buffet, the amazing view from the Dolce Vitae rooftop and the concierge and guest relations services.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Great location. Very attentive and friendly staff who are all willing to do anything you are asking for. I stayed here for five nights, and every single night was more than great. The hotel is quite small but that doesn't mean they have something missing. They now offer you free Wi-Fi from this November after all the negative comments written here. Breakfast buffet is not huge, but the selection was just enough for me. Amenities are from Bulgari with great quality. Very comfy beddings. Rooms are with style. So I should say I was very much satisfied with this hotel!

1  Thank Da K
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your comments with us!
We are more than happy to learn that your experience at the Majestic met your great expectations and that you appreciated the centric location of the hotel, the F&B service and the great comfort and style of the rooms!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. Staff welcoming on arrival. Room clean and light with a nicely renovated bathroom. Location also favourable, being within walking distance to the Gothic area and nice shops along the way. Good breakfast. Very nice clean restrooms and well appointed. Comfortable roof terrace a welcome addition. Free wifi. Not far to walk to a great local restaurant - la culinary d'en garriga.

1  Thank Suebur
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your experience of the Majestic.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the welcoming staff, the cleanliness of the room including the bathroom as well as the ideal location. We are pleased to read also that you enjoyed of our free Wi fi connexion.

We hope we can welcome you back during your next visit to Barcelona.

Kind Regards,