“The best of Barcelona 5* all the way”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #41 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

First ever written review that I felt compelled to leave after a fantastic weekend at the Majestic,we had a room upgrade and a free bottle of champagne as it was my wife's Birthday .The service was the best we have ever had and we have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world.
We wish all the staff a very merry Christmas.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedbacks with us! I am glad to hear that you found the service “the best you have ever had”. I am also happy to see that you appreciated the special attentions we prepared for you on your birthday!

We sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic!

Pascal Billard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,503)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I think whether you like this hotel or not depends a lot on you.

It's great for business travelers who want the quick items: good service, decent breakfast, free strong wifi, easy location for taxis and going to work, very functional work space, easy walking to basics, etc. I was here for business so it suited me well. The staff were very very nice. The reception is a bit slow since it can get clogged quickly in the mornings with tourist groups (not a good thing for business types) so that would be the biggest negative. No express check out so work around that if you can.

Considering Barcelona has great boutique hotels, I would opt for one of those if I was traveling for vacation. This hotel is well maintained but you don't feel the Barcelona design aesthetic at all inside.

One tip: don't book a hotel taxi - 100 Euros for most trips. Just grab a taxi outside, there was always plenty when I was there despite it being a busy time for the city with lots of Expos happening around town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience at the Majestic.
We are delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us especially having a business trip. However, I am concerned about the slow reception service you have mentioned. Be assured that I will transfer this to the related department.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The front desk staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. They helped us buy tickets online and even helped us retrieve an item we forgot in a taxi. Everyone from the doorman to the waitstaff made us feel like we were valued guests.

We stayed in a comfortable, quiet 2-room suite on the 8th floor. The large walk-in closet was a great bonus!

The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring the city. The metro stop "Paseo de Gracia" is 1 block away from the hotel and a taxi ride to the Gothic quarter costs around 6 EU.

The views from the rooftop terrace are breathtaking.

Room Tip: Room 827 is a 2 room suite with a large walk-in closet and large bathroom. It has views of Casa Batl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. I am glad to read that you had a great experience with us being it the service as well as the facilities of our hotel.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the Majestic in the near future!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We loved the Majestic Hotel. The location was great. We were able to walk to all areas of the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our favorite spot was the rooftop terrace. It was really beautiful up there. Great views of the city and a nice place to relax. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen M
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us.
We are more than happy to learn that your experience at the Majestic met your great expectations and that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel, its great view from the Dolce Vitae rooftop, and finally, the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. But for the price it doesn't compete with other hotels of this level. The customer service is poor. Also beware some of the rooms are really quite small. You'd feel very short changed in one of those. You also have to pay for wi fi (!) for every device, per day. I spent £120 on wi fi! And it didn't work properly. I was told support IT would call me but they didn't. They do have a good gym - nice and new with small but modern changing rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sandra r
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you appreciated the excellent location of the hotel, as well as our fitness facilities.

However, I am very concerned to read your comment about the customer service in the hotel, as well as the bad experience with the IT support. I would very much like to learn more of your experience and perhaps I could, therefore, ask that you could kindly contact me at pbillard@hotelmajestic.es.

Regarding your comment on the wi fi, I kindly inform you that since we have had numerous feedback from our guests about this, we decided to review the contract with our provider, and this service is complimentary for all our guests from the 1st. of November 2013.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Majestic, in order to give you the excellent experience you expected.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

THIS HOTEL WAS AMAZING. We could walk everywhere in the city. The rooms were gorgeous even down to the Bulgari soaps and shampoo. The bed was great. The roof top patio should be in a magazine. The lobby and bar are fantastic. This was our first time in Barcelona and I would 100% stay here again. We loved coming back to the room. The location was walking distance to everything that you want to see. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Every Room I saw was great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Majestic. We are pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience, from the Bulgari amenities, the Dolce Vitae (Our rooftop terrace) to the location of the hotel.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I choose this hotel for its location . The location on passieg de Garcia is the best one can find in Barcelona .Its a shoppers Mecca but Sunday the streets are deserted as all shops are closed . Gaudis casa batlo n casa milo are just a block away . Las ramblas is just a10 min walk even the sagrada familia is just a very short ride by taxi . I'd say a 20 min by foot ..

I found the rooms extremely small for a 5star hotel . Yes they provide bvlgari amenities n nespresso machine in room but it still does not make up for the size . .

Having expressed my disappointment about the room I have to compliment the hotel for its beautiful rooftop deck . It's a great place to unwind over cocktails n the views of the city are breathtaking . .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vidhya_shah

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on the Majestic Hotel & Spa here on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially liked our rooftop terrace and the breath taking views from there. I am sorry to hear that the size of your room did not appeal to you. Please be advised that we have several different room categories to choose from. Mentioning that I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon to provide you with a room that suits you better.