“LUXURY ALL THE WAY”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brussels, Belgium
“LUXURY ALL THE WAY”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We travelled to this hotel in January for the winter sales.
This hotel is by far one of the best ive ever stayed in.
Staff, service, rooms, location, everything.
If you going to barcelona, this is the hotel you have to go to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hildaj3101
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comment you have left here. We are more than happy to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.
Furthermore, we truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,
Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We very much enjoyed staying at this hotel in Barcelona back in 2011. Nice rooms, clean, good service. It was walking distance to downtown and had a great view of the pier and all of the cruise ships.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph_Isaacs
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an experience up to your great expectations, and that you liked the comfort of the rooms and the great location of the hotel.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Yours sincerely,

Maidenhead
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We traveled husband/wife and a baby, spacious and comfortable room, little to no noise. Great service from everyone.
Quite complete breakfast service. The swimming pool was outside and uncovered which was not suitable for use during month of January but good facilities overall
location is great close to plaza de Catalunia

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JulienMaidenhead
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an overall pleasant experience and that you appreciated the comfort of the room, the quality of the staff and the great location of the hotel !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa,

Yours sincerely,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had planned a trip to Barcelona with my Granddaughter over Xmas. We were booked to stay at the MAJESTIC - this would have been my 4th stay at this hotel. I did prepay the stay for 4 nights.
Unfortunately, my husband became ill, and we were unable to go. Had to cancel- tried very hard to do so. Called, and called- e-mailed, and e-mailed- finally the answer.
NO REFUND- TRUE- IT SAID NO REFUND BEFORE- BUT!!! Plan to go back when my husband is better, and would have liked to stay there- but find the answer terrible!!
I believe the hotel should have refunded my money, given a credit, or something!!! FOURTH TRIP TO SAME HOTEL!!! Where are the customer relations? NOT ONLY WILL I NEVER PREPAY A STAY- I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! FOR A 5 STAR HOTEL, I FIND THIS INEXCUSABLE.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank chevybevy2014
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions with us. When and if we happen to fail meeting our clients’ expectations, we sincerely appreciate to be made aware as we need to understand and progress.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced regarding your reservations. We would very much like to learn more of your experience and perhaps we could, therefore, ask that you could kindly contact my PA at prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Majestic, in order to give you the excellent experience you expected.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel deserves all of its' 5 stars. The service is great. A front desk with at least three Clefs D'Or Concierges - who are extremely professional and helpful. The rooms are wonderful. The bathtub in my room was so big I could swim in it. I has the flu for most of my trip - and the room service made a special soup for me - and it made me feel very cared-for and looked-after. The Spa is AMAZING!!! The best manicure and pedicure I've ever had. I also had an algae wrap and a wonderful lymphatic drainage massage that was remarkable. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bath tub … you'll be amazed at how big and luxurious it is.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SusanTWood
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedbacks with us.
I am glad to learn that your stay was up to your great expectations and that you really appreciated the comfort of your room, the Majestic Spa treatments and the very special attentions you received from our staff in general!

I really hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon, here, at the Majestic Hote & Spa !

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had an amazing 3 days stay at the Majestic. We stayed in the apartments across the street which gave us 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen and living room for a family of 4. The space was large and beautiful and the hotel staff was excellent. We liked it so much that we found a way to get a reservation again for the last 3 days of our stay. I would not stay anywhere else in Barcelona. The location is perfect and whether you stay in the hotel or apartments, the service is outstanding. We had a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Look at the apartments if you have more than 2 people.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chicagoilfamily
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit to the Majestic Hotel & Spa in Barcelona.
We are more than happy to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us, especially the apartment you have been staying in as well as the service we provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We specialise in getting great deals on quirky, boutiquey hotels but after wading through the myriad of options in Barcelona and -- it has to be said -- some scary reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to splash out on top end for a pre-Christmas weekend away. The Majestic is perfectly situated, equipped, decorated and staffed. From reception to restaurant staff did not put a toe wrong and their friendly, can-do attitude lacked any pressure for unending tips.

Some Five Stars appear to be out to milk their customers for every penny and the Majestic is at the other end of the spectrum: free wi-fi, free gym, breakfast included, complimentary and totally unexpected chilled sparkling wine in the room. We had perfect cocktails on the roof terrace served by a shivering Spanish barman to the hardy British and American clientele and then an early dinner in the beautiful restaurant with perfectly judged cooking and service; so relaxing not to have to semaphore waiters.

The location is idea for visiting the best Gaudi sights and at no point did I feel threatened in any way in this beautiful town after some worrying accounts of Barcelona crime. The only downside will be trying not to use the Majestic as a benchmark for other hotels. In the end although it cost a lot more than some other hotels in theory, we got a good deal on a suite on the hotel website and had a picnic style supper to enjoy our lovely room watching TV the first night after a hard day of sightseeing so I am not sure it was that much dearer in the end; worth every euro!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Discerninguest
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind words reviewing your recent stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.
I am so pleased that your stay with us compelled you to share your experience. Furthermore I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time here and that you experienced a perfect price/value relation. It will be my pleasure to share your positive comment on the staff and the service with my entire team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon!