“Five star quality with friendly and attentive service in heart of the city”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #38 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Five star quality with friendly and attentive service in heart of the city”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel is in the heart of Barcelona, on a pretty upmarket wide boulevard with lots of high end shops.

The hotel does not look like much from the outside but inside it is very impressive. It seems to have been recently re-furbished with a lot of attention to detail and high build quality - lots of marble everywhere, for example.

I stayed in a huge corner room with a wrap around balcony and sun loungers (although in January it was a bit cold to use them). The wifi worked well and allowed for up to five devices. The bathroom was sumptuous with a huge bath and shower and twin handbasins. Bathroom amenities were nice.

The public areas were very comfortable and the staff very friendly and attentive; if at any time you looked a bit lost they were very helpful.

The only slight niggle I can manage is that there was a lot of slamming of doors (presumably from housekeeping) in the morning. This rather disturbed my lie-in, but I suppose I should have been up and about by 10 a.m.

Of course, this is not the cheapest hotel in town - a coffee in the bar was EUR6 - but you get what you pay for.

I would definitely consider staying here again on another visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cymro29
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.
All feedback is important as it is the key for us to keep improving our property and services.

I am pleased that you chose the Majestic Hotel & Spa on the occasion of your previous stay in Barcelona ; and happy to read that our staff could take such good care of you, that your room spacious and comfortable , and that you were able to make good use of the great location of the hotel ! It sounds like you had a great time !

However, let me apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during the morning due to the doors slamming. Be assured that I will share this comment to the related team to find a solution.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon, here, at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valencia
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent the weekend with my husband and my one year old and all I have to say is thank you to all the hotel personnel for making our stay unforgettable and very pleasant. They made our life so easy with the baby. They took care of everything, made sure we had his baby food heated in record time, and even had special toiletries for him. We definitely recommend it and we will come back again as soon as we can!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Witchlolita
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We always try to listen and act upon our guests' feedbacks to keep improving our main structures and services.

We truly strive to give each guest a memorable experience and I am glad that were able to give that to you !

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Well, the location is good for high-end shopping and for seeing the Casas. However, there are no good restaurants or cafes in the vicinity, and if you don't want to pay the hotel's 29 EUR fee for breakfast, you will have a hard time finding a place to eat nearby. The hotel is also quite a bit farther from the Old Town than I had expected. Barcelona city blocks are huge, so the Old Town is maybe a 20-minute or so walk away.

The room was surprisingly noisy for an upscale hotel, too. The walls are thin, so it's easy to hear your neighbors. Also, the door handles are fixed in place, and so unless you take special care to close the door slowly, it closes with a loud slam. (Nobody made the effort to close them slowly/quietly.)

Also, wi-fi is not free, and it is fairly expensive. I'm used to hotels at this supposed star rating and cost providing free wifi access, instead of gouging their customers.

However, the room was spacious, and the concierge and the people at reception were very nice and helpful. Even so, I would opt to stay someplace closer to the center next time, unless I got a really good rate here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ragamoffyn
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion here on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you appreciated the quality of our customer service as well as the size of the room.

However, I am very concerned to read your comment about the noises in the room during your stay. I would very much like to learn more of your experience and perhaps I could, therefore, ask that you could kindly contact me through my PA at prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es. We always appreciate hearing from our guests because your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation and general services.

Regarding your comment on the wi-fi, I kindly inform you that since we have had numerous feedbacks from our guests about it, this service is complimentary for all our guests from the 1st of November 2013.
On the other hand, the Majestic Hotel & Spa is situated right in the heart of Modernist Barcelona, with many restaurants and cafes nearby, I’m sorry that you didn’t find anyone that really fits you.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Majestic, in order to give you the excellent experience you expected.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I just dont know where to start with my review.

What an amazing way to end our Honeymoon in Spain & Portugal!!

Last stop - Barcelona and certainly finished our Honeymoon in style!!

This hotel is simply fantastic, from the staff, to the rooms the location EVERYTHING!!!

The moment we stepped out of our car, we were welcomed by the friendly hotel staff who ensured our bags would be removed from the car and dropped off straight to our rooms.

He coordinated so well with the reception staff with their earpieces etc. We got into the reception area and we were greeted by the reception staff and they acknowledged us by our names - shows that they are so attentive to every guest checking in and out of their hotel.

They already knew we were on our honeymoon and had us upgraded to a room with the street view, we walked into our bedroom and we were welcomed with a bottle of Champagne!!! their service and attention to detail was simply amazing!!

The rooms are gorgeous, well spaced and cozy and classy. The mini bar is well stocked, but a little pricey, but i guess it is excepted from a 5 Star Hotel.

Beds well done with little chocolates left on the side of your pillow :)

Bathroom - I could live there!!! amazing clean white marbled bathrooms with a nice spacious bathtub, Bulgari bath products - now this is pure Luxury!!!

Bath towels are hung on warm railings so your towels are nice and warm in the cold winter.

rooms are cleaned twice a day - a full clean during the day and at night they come back to prepare your bed for sleep!! curtains are drawn by the housekeeping staff and toiletries are stocked up if required - OH I could get used to this lifestyle!!

The breakfast is amazing, such friendly staff to welcome you and who assist in clearing the table - very attentive. amazing sandwiches, and a good spread of yummy food.

Wifi is free and the user name and password can be collected from reception - which is valid for 3 days, but once the validity expires, the reception staff will assist you with more details for the remainder of your stay. I had issues connecting and the Guest relation staff comes to your room to assist.

Location is fantastic, stores such as Chanel, Gucci, Chopard are all along the hotel. Few blocks away is La Rambla and Familia Sargada, Gaudi House etc.. The hotel also assists in getting tickets to popular tourist spot so you avoid waiting in long times or if you have not gotten them online - now that is some service!!

The terrace bar on the 8th or 10th floor is beautiful with panoramic views of the city.

We checked out at 3am in the morning and even at that off time in the morning the staff were so so friendly!!! Well trained staff and great hospitality!

All in all I would go back to this place in a heart beat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Georgie_girlie
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I personally want to thank you for leaving such kind words for us. I am more than happy to see that you have noticed and appreciated all those little details that in the end made your stay perfect.
The entire team of the Majestic Hotel & Spa is very much looking forward to welcome you back very soon to spoil you another time with such a positive experience, maybe for your wedding anniversary?

With kind regards,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We travelled to this hotel in January for the winter sales.
This hotel is by far one of the best ive ever stayed in.
Staff, service, rooms, location, everything.
If you going to barcelona, this is the hotel you have to go to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hildaj3101
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comment you have left here. We are more than happy to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.
Furthermore, we truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We very much enjoyed staying at this hotel in Barcelona back in 2011. Nice rooms, clean, good service. It was walking distance to downtown and had a great view of the pier and all of the cruise ships.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph_Isaacs
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an experience up to your great expectations, and that you liked the comfort of the rooms and the great location of the hotel.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Yours sincerely,

Maidenhead
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We traveled husband/wife and a baby, spacious and comfortable room, little to no noise. Great service from everyone.
Quite complete breakfast service. The swimming pool was outside and uncovered which was not suitable for use during month of January but good facilities overall
location is great close to plaza de Catalunia

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JulienMaidenhead
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an overall pleasant experience and that you appreciated the comfort of the room, the quality of the staff and the great location of the hotel !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa,

Yours sincerely,