“Great hotel, great location”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #41 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very nice hotel central for shopping and sightseeing in Barcelona. Super clean, very good breakfast, good service (almost too good). Nice and confortable rooms. Nothing to complain about.
We did not try the SPA.
We travelled with colleagues for a nice weekend paid by the company.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, following your previous trip in Barcelona.

I am glad that we were able to offer you and your friends an overall enjoyable experience and that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel, its breakfast buffet and the great quality of service in general.

I hope that you will be able to try out our Spa and leisure facilities next time.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again and assure you of our best services at all times.

Pascal Billard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,552)

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We slept 2 nights.
The hôtel is wonderful. Great service and people who works in This hôtel are Really Nice and dévoted to customers...perfect room...
I asked for a room at a top floor. No problem!
Best hôtel in barcelona for a price quiet correct
Perfect location

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bullishattitude

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community, following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized attention you were given during your stay and that you found your room agreable.

I am truly happy that we were able to take such good care of you !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

General Director

Reviewed 3 March 2014

One of the best city hotels I ever stayed at. We got a beautiful room (903) with a huge terrace overlooking Barcelona. Excellent staff and service. I can highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DTaub

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor comunity, following your last stay with us in Barcelona.

This was with great pleasure that I read your comment.
I am delighted that you appreciated your room, its terrasse and the quality service you received during your entire stay.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon here in Barcelona !

General Director

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I took my wife away for our tenth wedding anniversary to Barcelona as she had been wanting to go there for some time. I had a look at a lot of good hotels in the city and eventually settled on this one. I'm so glad we did - in almost every conceivable way, it lived up to our expectations. I won't dwell on the major benefits - lots of reviewers have covered these. But worth mentioning are a few things, not least the superb service, right from the moment of arrival until we left. Definitely a five-star experience with friendly, efficient staff. I had let slip in a request email that it was our tenth anniversary when I requested one of the larger deluxe rooms (they range in size from 20-25m2) if possible. They exceeded this request - on being shown to the room, it was a really decent size with a walk in closet and a big bathroom and when I looked at the H&S floor plan on the hallway wall our room was considerably bigger than most of the others on the floor. It was only then I realised that they had upgraded us to the Executive room (and the web photos confirmed this): but the service here is so wonderfully discreet that I guess that rather than tell us at reception, they just left us to discover this as a wonderful surprise!

A further massive - and very pleasant - surprise was the complimentary bottle of (very good) cava left in our room on the first day of our stay to help us celebrate!

I can also highly recommend the rooftop bar - we had a wonderful afternoon up here sipping cava and eating lloncanisa pages sausage on the traditional bread with tomato. The seats are really comfortable, with great service and a simply incredible view aross the city.

Room service food was unbelievably good and well-presented (breakfast).

A final example of the class of this hotel is that they email you before the trip to ask you about your preferences, and they email afterwards to thank you for staying.

Thank you to all the staff at the Majestic who made this such a wonderful break for us. Three nights was not enough and my wife could not have been happier. When we go back to Barcelona (and we will), my wife and I agreed we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: An executive room is beautiful and a wonderful size for a couple. We were in 851. It looks like in t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear customer,

Thank very much for sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community.
We always appreciate hearing directly from our customers to keep improving our main instalations and services.

I am glad that you chose the Majestic Hotel & Spa to celebrate your 10th Wedding Anniversary and that your stay exceeded your expectations.

It is a pleasure to read that you appreciated the high quality service you have been given since your arrival ; the breakfast offer ; the amazing view from our rooftop terrasse and finally, the upgrade and personalized attention you have received in your room !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in Barcelona!

Yours sincerely,

Directeur Général

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Majestic is very good situated, close to Ballio house and Square of Catalonia. Room was not so large but comfortable with nice marble bathroom.The stuff is friendly. Lobby bar is great.There is also a bar on the top with breathtaking city views.We stayed for 2 nights and definitely we ll choose this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. It is a pleasure to read that you especially enjoyed the friendly staff, the room, the strategic location and all the facilities of the hotel . We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The best features about this hotel were the excellent service (especially the concierge) the wonderful breakfast buffet, the beautiful room and the perfect location. What else is there? We walked to Las Ramblas, Casa Botlle, along Passeig de Gracia, very centrally located to lots of sites!!!! The bathroom was roomy and the shower was excellent, not like some hotel showers where the water dribbles out! I was going to stay at another hotel, but my travel advisor suggested the Majestic and I am thrilled that I took her advice! We loved staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anjanj
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how lovely your recent stay has been. It sounds as though from start to finish, you have had a tremendous time here with us, and I am very happy that everything has been so enjoyable for you. Furthermore I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and our concierge service.

Thank you so much once again, and please do reach out to us whenever you plan a return to Barcelona and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed for a week during a business trip. The hotel has a perfect location. My room was really nice, good size and a really nice bathroom. The training facilities in the cellar was fine and the rooftop terrace with a small swimming pool and bar was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tore S
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that your recent stay with us has been a perfect one. This is always our utmost goal, and I am very happy that we have succeeded during your stay.
Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do contact us at guestrelations@hotelmajestic.es to personalize your next stay at the Majestic.

Kind regards,