I found out about this hotel through the Amex Platinum program, and it looked nice, but the price I was being quoted was a bit over the top. So I was pretty excited when I was able to book it through Expedia at a significant discount.
Well we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was recently renovated so the facilities are impeccable. The lobby is a bit small, and can get crowded during peak check-it/check-out hours, but the room was fine, and the service excellent.
However, the best part of this hotel is actually the location. Right smack in the middle of Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona's equivalent of Fifth Avenue, centrally located from anywhere in the city, and with fantastic shopping and dining just steps away in any direction! Honestly it was like a dream come true!
We did not try the restaurant because there are just too many options nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe 5-star traditional hotel in the real heart of Barcelona, few steps away from Gaudi monuments and famous Rambla. Entirely renovated, it offers excellence in service for the most demanding travelers. Rooftop terrace with panoramic view and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel And Spa Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Majestic Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona Catalonia