“Great hotel, good service, but even better location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #29 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“Great hotel, good service, but even better location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I found out about this hotel through the Amex Platinum program, and it looked nice, but the price I was being quoted was a bit over the top. So I was pretty excited when I was able to book it through Expedia at a significant discount.

Well we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was recently renovated so the facilities are impeccable. The lobby is a bit small, and can get crowded during peak check-it/check-out hours, but the room was fine, and the service excellent.

However, the best part of this hotel is actually the location. Right smack in the middle of Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona's equivalent of Fifth Avenue, centrally located from anywhere in the city, and with fantastic shopping and dining just steps away in any direction! Honestly it was like a dream come true!

We did not try the restaurant because there are just too many options nearby.

Highly recommendable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank latinmon
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community, following your previous stay with us.

I am glad that we were able to offer an overall enjoyable experience and that you found the facilities 'impeccable' and our service 'excellent'. We truly strive to give every customer the quality of service we would expect from our own service providers.

I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our very centric location and its surroundings.

I truly hope to have the chance to welcome you again in Barcelona in the near future !

Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very nice hotel central for shopping and sightseeing in Barcelona. Super clean, very good breakfast, good service (almost too good). Nice and confortable rooms. Nothing to complain about.
We did not try the SPA.
We travelled with colleagues for a nice weekend paid by the company.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, following your previous trip in Barcelona.

I am glad that we were able to offer you and your friends an overall enjoyable experience and that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel, its breakfast buffet and the great quality of service in general.

I hope that you will be able to try out our Spa and leisure facilities next time.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again and assure you of our best services at all times.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We slept 2 nights.
The hôtel is wonderful. Great service and people who works in This hôtel are Really Nice and dévoted to customers...perfect room...
I asked for a room at a top floor. No problem!
Best hôtel in barcelona for a price quiet correct
Perfect location

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bullishattitude
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community, following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized attention you were given during your stay and that you found your room agreable.

I am truly happy that we were able to take such good care of you !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

General Director
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

One of the best city hotels I ever stayed at. We got a beautiful room (903) with a huge terrace overlooking Barcelona. Excellent staff and service. I can highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DTaub
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor comunity, following your last stay with us in Barcelona.

This was with great pleasure that I read your comment.
I am delighted that you appreciated your room, its terrasse and the quality service you received during your entire stay.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon here in Barcelona !

General Director
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I took my wife away for our tenth wedding anniversary to Barcelona as she had been wanting to go there for some time. I had a look at a lot of good hotels in the city and eventually settled on this one. I'm so glad we did - in almost every conceivable way, it lived up to our expectations. I won't dwell on the major benefits - lots of reviewers have covered these. But worth mentioning are a few things, not least the superb service, right from the moment of arrival until we left. Definitely a five-star experience with friendly, efficient staff. I had let slip in a request email that it was our tenth anniversary when I requested one of the larger deluxe rooms (they range in size from 20-25m2) if possible. They exceeded this request - on being shown to the room, it was a really decent size with a walk in closet and a big bathroom and when I looked at the H&S floor plan on the hallway wall our room was considerably bigger than most of the others on the floor. It was only then I realised that they had upgraded us to the Executive room (and the web photos confirmed this): but the service here is so wonderfully discreet that I guess that rather than tell us at reception, they just left us to discover this as a wonderful surprise!

A further massive - and very pleasant - surprise was the complimentary bottle of (very good) cava left in our room on the first day of our stay to help us celebrate!

I can also highly recommend the rooftop bar - we had a wonderful afternoon up here sipping cava and eating lloncanisa pages sausage on the traditional bread with tomato. The seats are really comfortable, with great service and a simply incredible view aross the city.

Room service food was unbelievably good and well-presented (breakfast).

A final example of the class of this hotel is that they email you before the trip to ask you about your preferences, and they email afterwards to thank you for staying.

Thank you to all the staff at the Majestic who made this such a wonderful break for us. Three nights was not enough and my wife could not have been happier. When we go back to Barcelona (and we will), my wife and I agreed we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: An executive room is beautiful and a wonderful size for a couple. We were in 851. It looks like in t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear customer,

Thank very much for sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community.
We always appreciate hearing directly from our customers to keep improving our main instalations and services.

I am glad that you chose the Majestic Hotel & Spa to celebrate your 10th Wedding Anniversary and that your stay exceeded your expectations.

It is a pleasure to read that you appreciated the high quality service you have been given since your arrival ; the breakfast offer ; the amazing view from our rooftop terrasse and finally, the upgrade and personalized attention you have received in your room !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in Barcelona!

Yours sincerely,

Directeur Général
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Majestic is very good situated, close to Ballio house and Square of Catalonia. Room was not so large but comfortable with nice marble bathroom.The stuff is friendly. Lobby bar is great.There is also a bar on the top with breathtaking city views.We stayed for 2 nights and definitely we ll choose this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. It is a pleasure to read that you especially enjoyed the friendly staff, the room, the strategic location and all the facilities of the hotel . We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!

Kind Regards,

new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The best features about this hotel were the excellent service (especially the concierge) the wonderful breakfast buffet, the beautiful room and the perfect location. What else is there? We walked to Las Ramblas, Casa Botlle, along Passeig de Gracia, very centrally located to lots of sites!!!! The bathroom was roomy and the shower was excellent, not like some hotel showers where the water dribbles out! I was going to stay at another hotel, but my travel advisor suggested the Majestic and I am thrilled that I took her advice! We loved staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anjanj
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how lovely your recent stay has been. It sounds as though from start to finish, you have had a tremendous time here with us, and I am very happy that everything has been so enjoyable for you. Furthermore I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and our concierge service.

Thank you so much once again, and please do reach out to us whenever you plan a return to Barcelona and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards