Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$266
US$338
US$312
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$260
US$252
Cancelon
2,597 results
All reviewsrooftop barpaseo de graciahigh end shoppingfive star hoteljunior suiteturn down servicegaudi housesperfect locationsagrada familiabreakfast buffet isexcellent hotelsmall pooltapasloved this hotelthe heart of the citybeautiful cityconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have two words to say about this hotel.
"Woow, Woow"!.

In Details:

We spent 7 days in the hotels, so it's worth to read it!.

Service:

Best Ever -
Our vacation started two weeks before our arrival, when I called them to verify our reservations and to request from special treatment because my spouse birthday.

The very same day the guest relation department reply back within email and re-confirm all of my requests and started to offer me some attraction which some was free of charge even.

One day before our arrival, I called again just to ensure they didn't forget me, (Sorry, I am like that), when I just said my last name ALL of the conversations that I had with them two weeks before popped up and they just re-confirm that I have nothing to worry about!.

Our Arrival:

Well, The moment we stepped in to this magnificent hotel, the front desk person (Mr Carlos) was very much nice to us, he introduce use to
Mr. Alvaro
from guest relation and where he (Alvaro) was one of a KIND.
THANK YOU!.
He let us feel like we "own" the hotel and answer all of our requests even when he didn't promise anything it was felt like he is going to do all in his power to make our vacation the best ever. He also "reminds" me that my spouse has a birth day in few more days and everything is cover. Indeed, few days later, we came to our room and a nice gesture waited to my wife from the hotel with printed card.
I didn't even have to remind it. Mr Alvaro also came to our hotel and they (Guest Relation) provide us a very nice gift to our upcoming maybe. He and the entire team make our vacation the BEST ever.
And we didn't even pay for it!. Well, we thought that it was because I asked it but when we checked with some other guests in the hotel, it seems that Mr. Alvaro treat to everybody like that!. I have no idea how he has the energy but THANK YOU again, and thank to the entire guest relation to Ms Susana, to the front desk Mr Carols, and security team (sorry didn't get all the name) from the entire hotel that helped us and make us feel special and
THANK YOU AGAIN Mr. Alvaro Canales.

Rooms:

We booked the standard room.
We got a Standard room with a balcony facing the street.
The size of the room is good size for 7 days stay! The bathroom is very big with two sinks, (I think its in all rooms), also the bed was OK. (The only downside was that it was two beds combine into one bed, but the hotel put some strong cover on top of the two beds and it felt like one).

Cleaning:
I am not sure why they clean the room twice a day. I am use to have one time cleaning and at night just fresh towels and checking if everything is OK, but in this hotel, they put extra thought about cleaning and about the service that provide of the room. Well done!. Bathroom tub is very big and comfortable for standard room.
There is an iron board and an iron, safety deposit, mini bar, coffee machine and coffee (The coffee cost money), and if you want you can ask for a kettle and they will provide you free of charge. (For us it was awesome). Overall rated of room is fantastic. For 7 days it's more than enough so just imagine for those who come for day or two…

Location:
It's in the center of the center. Some people might get mistake that La Rambles it’s the center, well it is, but in our opinion, this location is much nicer, first of all its only 7 min walk to La Rambles and this location is in the middle of one of the biggest (If not the biggest) shopping street.
Close to all major attraction by foot. Metro station just crosses the corner.

$:

The hotel is not cheap but it worth EVERY DIME!. You get what you pay for! No Tricks.

Summary:

It might sound from the above wordings that we are too excited about the hotel, well, first of all yes! But it is imperative for me to indicate that I traveled in so many places around the globe and stayed in a lot of exotics places and nice hotels and I don't write very often and not enthusiastic about services or locations or nice rooms, BUT this hotel was indeed one of the best places that I stayed.
We defiantly come back to this chain and again from behalf of my spouse and me.
THANK YOU for wonderful 7 days!

Room Tip: Ask for City View with balcony. All the rooms are renovated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OriBalak
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such kind words about The Majestic Hotel & Spa! I am so pleased that your stay with us compelled you to shared your experienced.

Furthermore, I am absolutely delighted to read how much your enjoyed your time here and that we were able to make a very special occasion even more memorable.

It will be my pleasure to share all these comments (service, arrival, rooms, cleaning, location, money and summary) with the rest of the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Barcelona.

Kind regards,

I

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Recently stayed at subject hotel and received true 5 star treatment. Even before we arrived (hotel contacted us prior to arrival to inquire on our interest), they catered to our every need. We were quickly greeted by doorman and bellhops as we departed our car and after checking-in, we were escorted to our suite and provided instructions on all facets of rooms. Hotel provided us a bottle of champagne (maybe because we were in a suite??) but since it was not very cold, we found another bottle in our room upon returning from dinner. Champagne breakfast every day was excellent and plenty of items to choose from. Concierge was very helpful as was all of staff. Great location in center of city just steps from underground, many nearby restaurants and plenty of high-end shopping. Easy walking distance to La Rambla and 2 Gaudi house. Spend the extra money and stay at this hotel and maybe even upgrade to a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite facing Paseo de Gracia.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FormerExpat2014
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks with us on Tripadvisor. We are more than happy to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in Barcelona!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

One of the best experience I had in a 5* in Europe!

The service quality in this hotel is really good. The employees are all kind and ready to help you - no matter what is your request.

Room is great with a huge bathroom and confortable beds, good wifi connexion.

Hotel is near everything you need to visit when you don't have a lot of time. All good shopping addresses in the area.

Will definetly come back!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback on your recent stay at The Majestic Hotel & Spa.

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoy your stay with us, including the service from the staff, the room and the location of the hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at the Majestic for two nights leading up to our Cruise which left from Barcelona, and it was the best decision we ever made. It was our Honeymoon and we were upgraded to a Suite which was incredible. The service was fantastic, the amenities were great, and the rooftop bar was a pleasant place to go for a drink before heading out to dinner. The location is perfect, a decent walk to La Rambla and other attractions, and the hop-on hop-off tour buses stop right outside. This is not a hotel for the thrifty, but it's well worth the price. We loved our stay at the Majestic, and would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pooler33

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am delighted to read about how lovely your recent stay has been.

It sounds as though from start to finish, you have had a tremendous time here with us, and I am very happy that everything has been so enjoyable for you.

Thank you so much once again, and please do reach out to us whenever you plan a return to Barcelona and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed in the Majestic for a business trip recently and rarely encountered a worse concierge service team in all my life. Unfriendly and not at all cooperative, giving wrong information about restaurants and booking tables for the wrong amount of people, etc. Reception staff is much better, but upon arrival we received an extremely dark room, with water stains on the walls and only after we asked for another room, we were given something ok.
Given the pricing of the location and the various alternatives in town, I would not book this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank notBerlin

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am, however, very concerned to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that you left feeling disappointed.
I would very much like to learn more of your experience and perhaps I could, therefore, ask that you could kindly contact my PA Patrícia Rodríguez (prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es) to discuss further.

I sincerely hope to get the chance to welcome you back one day in order to give you the excellence experience you expected.

Kind regards,