“Crowded, noisy, not meant for vacation travel!!”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #38 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Crowded, noisy, not meant for vacation travel!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have wanted to stay here for many years. So was willing to pay the hefty price tag, what a mistake. The hotel caters to the business traveler and if you are looking for a quiet vacation do not stay here.. The hotel is beautiful and rooms are very comfortable, however when I am paying over $500 a night I should not have to make my way thru a crowd in the lobby getting ready to board a cruise ship, should not have to wait for three elevators while bellman cut in front of me to stay with their guest to ensure their tip, should not have to pick up cleaning rags left in my room and should not have to answer my door at 9am to a maid wanting to clean my room..I think
When anyone is paying that kind of price tag, we should be offered some type of hospitality.
We were ignored by an overwhelmed staff.. And to top it off I had to ask for a roll away 3 times and then told I was to be charged $60 a night!!!!!! The roof top bar is nice if you aren't mowed down by people trying to get a seat next to and if you're fortunate enough not to sit next to a table of chain smokers.. Never again!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rhonda321
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed and constructive review.

First and foremost, I must apologise for the experience you have detailed here. The situations that you have described are absolutely not indicative of our usual immaculate standards, and please rest assured that I am investigating exactly what took place during your stay to make the experience so far below your expectations.

From your various descriptions, I get the impression that the most pertinent issue was an overall lack of care and respect received by yourself, and I am currently following up with the various teams mentioned in your review to work out how this could have happened, and how to ensure that such an experience is never duplicated.

Thank you very much once again for providing us with these details, and for choosing the Majestic Hotel & Spa during your visit to Barcelona. Please do reach out to me through our Executive Office Manager (prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es), if you would like to discuss these matters further.

Kind regards,

Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St Paul, MN
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel on what they consider, The Rodeo Drive of Barcelona area. Rooms are lovely, comfy beds and within walking distance Gothic, Rambla, many shops and restaurants. Rooftop terrace has wonderful views but very spendy if you plan on sipping cocktails all afternoon.

I took in a facial & pedicure at the Spa and it was just okay for the money I spent. The spa is gorgeous, the gal was super sweet but she basically just rubbed lotion on my face for 45 min and my pedi was average. I've had better but it still felt good after so much traveling and walking.

The only negative I can think of is they don't offer any kind of happy hour specials in the hotel bar or terrace, but plenty of places nearby do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comment you have left here. We are more than happy to read that you very much enjoyed your room, the spa treatment and the location of the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hudiksvall, Sweden
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Majestic Hotel for 4 nights and we thougt it was just perfect. The location is good in the upper-class neighberhoods and yet not long Walking distance to la Rambla, the Gothic area, the harbour and the beaches.

The hotel have a wonderful roof terrace were you can sunbath or take a drink Before the dinner. The service from the friendly staff was excellent.

We can highly recomenned Hotel Majestic and we will for sure stay here nexta time we are in Barcelona.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind words regarding your stay at the Majestic. I am glad to know that you especially enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the service offered.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We cruised out of Barcelona twice and both times we stayed at the Majestic. I absolutely love this hotel. The rooms are very nice, especially for European standards. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The best part is the rooftop terrace which has a 360 degree view of the city. You can go up there, listen to music, eat and drink. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fancygirlHouston
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location and especially the rooftop terrace.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

spain
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Majestic is an impressive building in a great location.
The trompe l'oeil paint effect stone work in the lobby and other areas is artistic and exquisite.
Registration on arrival was quick and efficient. We were kindly upgraded to a city view room which was fortunately situated on the side as there were major roadworks in operation along the length of the Passeig de Gracia. Rather noisy and messy. This was the only negative point and not the fault of the hotel. Let's hope the work is completed soon.
We were celebrating a special weekend prior to a cruise. A bottle of cava was sent to the room with a letter of congratulations from the manager. Thank you so much for that.
The room was spacious, elegantly appointed and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was very good with lots of choices, though expensive.
Service throughout the hotel was impeccable and definitely 'with a smile', somewhat of a rarity these days. Nothing was too much trouble.
We would not hesitate to stay at the Majestic Hotel on our next visit to Barcelona. Living in Mallorca this is an easy trip and we can hardly wait to return to one of our favourite cities and now favourite hotels.
Thank you for a most pleasant stay. You deserve all the accolades you receive.

1 Thank Blue2Review
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to The Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate the room, the staff service and the locaiton of the hotel.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This was a first visit to Barcelona and we could not have chosen a nicer place - the location was excellent too. Rooms were very comfortable. Our bathroom had a spacious walk-in shower- excellent for someone with some mobility difficulties. Breakfast was also excellent - as I need a gluten free diet, they were easily able to accommodate. The only disappointment was the restaurant in the hotel. It was in the basement and seemed claustrophobic- especially with a heavy curtain cutting the room in half...although it wad unclear why. The food was ok - but not good enough for a 5* hotel. However, we would definitely return- positives definitely outweigh any negatives!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read your kind review of your most recent visit to Majestic Hotel & Spa, and how much you enjoyed the experience.

We always appreciate hearing comments directly from our customers to keep improving our main instalations and services. I am glad to see that you appreciated the excellent location of the hotel and the service that we provide to our guests.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

charlotte, nc
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Majestic is the type of hotel that brings you back to the elegance of the past . It's location is primo. Located in one of the most upscale parts of Barcelona and a 15 minute walk to the tourist mecca of the old town. What you will be impressed with is the level of service and the friendly nature of their staff. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.
I bought the breakfast package and that was good value. The array of food and quality is excellent.
The package also included a massage for each of us at their spa, which we used the afternoon of arrival.
I would also compliment the high level of service from the concierge desk, whether getting a last minute dinner reservation, directions or getting online tickets to popular tourist attractions.

4 Thank cmatt43
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind words regarding your stay at the Majestic. I am pleased to see that you especially enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the service offered, especially the concierge service.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.