“Our stay at the Majestic Hotel”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #39 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Our stay at the Majestic Hotel”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Majestic Hotel's staff made our trip that much more enjoyable.. Their professional and courteous team behind the desk was very attentive and helpful at all times. Maria, helped us to plan our week, suggesting restaurants, day trips and making reservations for us...every detail was taken care of...Geraldine at Guest relations confirmed plans for us as well.

Everyone was extremely helpful... The dining room staff even helped with access to the hotel's free wi-fi and directions to sights.

The hotel is accessible and in walking distance to many of the sights. It is in the midst of beautiful stores and great shopping...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be.

I am glad to know that especially Maria and Geraldine helped you to make your trip more enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Majestic Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 5 days in two separate rooms. During our reservation, we requested for one bed instead of 2 twins for both rooms. We took a taxi from the airport and it was about 35 euro. We arrived in the morning but the rooms were not ready. We were told the check in time was 3pm and the rooms would be ready by 3pm. We also asked to make sure the room has one bed instead of 2 twins again.We got back to the hotel at 4pm but only one room were ready. We checked in to one of the rooms and of course there were two twin beds. The other room were finally ready after 4:30pm and again two twin beds! We asked the house keeping to move the two twins together for one bed for both rooms but they only did one room. We ended up one room with 2 twins since it was just way too complicated to ask them.

The room itself was nice. It was clean and the bed was comfortable with nice bedding. The location is very central (if you love to shop, for sure its the hotel you should stay). It has many nice restaurants in the area. We also enjoyed the roof top. It has a nice view of the city. The staffs were extremely friendly but don't ask them to recommend you a restaurant. We asked concierge to recommend us a restaurant for dinner. The concierge recommended one with the and he wrote it on the map with the actual address but we walked back and forth a couple times and the whole block had no restaurant.

Overall, I do think it's a nice hotel but for a 5 stars hotel, it should has better service. I also want to mention that the wall is pretty thin and my friend can hear my TV even tho the volume was very low.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gabriel L
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience at the Majestic. We always appreciate hearing comments directly from our customers to keep improving our main installations and services.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Hampshire, England
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed just 1 night then onto sister hotel Mur Muri closeby. Fantastic service and a great experience. Great room and wonderful breakfast which is a must. Roof top bar is great to soak up the sun or enjoy a great G&T sundowner. Staff all so helpful in particular special thanks to Susana Onos, Director of Client Relations who went out her way to recommend & book a great tapas bar for me which I would never have discovered. Thank you for making my stay extra special!

Stayed July 2014
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that your recent stay with us has been a perfect one. This is always our utmost goal, and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the staff service, especially our Director of Guest Relations, Susana.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Everyone we dealt with on our brief stay provided wonderful service. But kudos goes to Almudena in Guest Relations who helped me so much when my husband was sick. She was so kind - provided us with a doctor from their 24 hour on call service - and gave me a phone to call Delta to change my flights. In addition, she sent us water and chocolates to our room.

I had time for one drink on the rooftop bar and it provided my only chance to see Barcelona - what a beautiful view!

It was a very brief stay, due to the circumstances, but we will definitely return to this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They are willing to provide it, if available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoy your stay with us, including the service from the staff especially Almudena from Guest Relations, the location of the hotel and the rooftop bar.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fantastic property with a first-class staff. Located in the heart of Barcelona, these people are professionals at their job and very attentive to detail. The rooftop bar is breathtaking and the gentlemen who runs the guest pick-ups and drop-offs for the taxis/private vehicles is a real professional. One of the best properties we have stayed at in Europe.

Room Tip: They are all good.
1 Thank Chris H
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to The Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate the staff service, the rooftop bar and the concierge service.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I loved so much staying at your hotel because it was so delightful, clean, decorative. Service at front desk could be improved (I am referring to attitude by one person, whom I will not describe). Other than this I have no further complaints and staying at your hotel was a dream come true. I will return to your splendid hotel all the time when I am in Barcelona.

There is a painting on the first floor of a young girl reading a letter while an old man is by her side. I understand that this painting was inspired by Ernest Hemingway's book Moby Dick. Could you send me the correct spelling of artist's name, the name of the painting and when the work was completed. I LOVED IT.

Again, your hotel is splendid, and the city of Barcelona is also a work of art. I never knew Barcelona was so beautiful. How marvelous it must be to live and work in this city.

Thank you for everything.

Vivian T. Costagliola

Room Tip: No tips needed as all the rooms I did see were excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivian C
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am so pleased to read that your whole stay has been so enjoyable, with the room, and also the location of the Hotel.

We will contact you to give all the details about the painting on the first floor.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I just returned home from an incredible 5 night stay at The Majestic and I cannot say enough positive about our experience. From the moment we arrived the greeting, service and attention to our comfort was unsurpassed. Each and every member of the staff went out of his/her way to greet us, inquire as to how they could help us and answer any questions. Of course, our expectations were far exceeded when the hotel upgraded us (with many thanks due to our incredible travel agent, Nicole) to a penthouse suite with a terrace overlooking the paaseig de Garcia. Coming "home" to these views each evening and relaxing with a glass of cava and Jamie iberico (a we,come gift from the thoughtful manager) was magical. Breakfasts were sumptuous and the service efficient. The location of the hotel cannot be better-- we love to walk (if we didn't we'd need to be rolled home given all the unbelievably inventive and delicious food in Barcelona) and from The Majestic we walked everywhere in the city-- our only non walking day was when we took the speed train to Figueres to see the Dali museum (a very enjoyable excursion) -- and a taxi once up to the Miro Foundation ( exquisite!). Many thanks to the wonderful staff for giving us a most memorable experience. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: A room or suite with a terrace is fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team.