“Great Hotel, but...”

Ranked #41 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent Hotel with fabulous rooftop bar and lovely rooms. Only 2 issues:-
1. our standard "double" was a twin pushed together, which quite often moved apart.
2. From the floor plans, only the suites have external windows that look out onto the street, our window looked out into a 2m square ventilation shaft with 4 windows per floor looking in, so the drapes had to remain closed with air con on, which made this lovely room feel a little claustrophobic and dark.
I guess if you can afford a larger room it would be perfect

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Fisrt of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. We always appreciate hearing comments directly from our customers to keep improving our main instalations and services.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pascal Billard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family of six spent two nights at this hotel in June. The rooms were well designed, decorated, and clean. Considering the age of the hotel, I was surprised by the larger size bath area not to mention strong water pressure from the shower which has been a rarity on my travels through Europe over the years. The hotel staff was both friendly and professional. The food was also very good. They offer an outstanding breakfast buffet each morning which was also popular with the family. The roof-top bar/ restaurant with swimming pool offered amazing views of Barcelona and surrounding areas. We were tempted to go with the Mandarin Oriental hotel because of brand familiarity but I am really pleased that we choose the Majestic as it offers its own, unique, five star experience. My only gripe would be with the business office where the computers for guest use were incredibly slow along with inoperable printer. I had to have the front-desk print our boarding passes. All in all, however, I would highly recommend this hotel as everything else more than compensated for the business office nuisance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Penta23

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location, the rooftop terrace, the staff service and our decoration.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back at Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel in a perfect location, the roof terrace/Pool is great in the evenings. The room service food was the best I've ever had!
The staff went out of their way to help you with anything you wanted, including reserving a table on the terrace if your a resident there.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Fisrt of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location, the terrace, the room service food and staff service.

We look forward to having you over at the Majestic again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and me come to Barcelona for 3 days escape from our kids and routine, just to have time for ourselves.

From the very first moments in Majestic we enjoyed the very special atmosphere of the hotel. Located in the very center of Passage de Gracia, hotel is being a calm cool island of royal serenity.

All our inquires were addressed with a kind attention. Unbeatable views from the roof bar with menu specials, beautiful room, and, most of all, a team of delightful people who made our stay an ultimate success - that's all we would remember from that trip. We'll be back :-)!!
P.S. Special appreciation to Mary (front desk) who gifted our stay with so many precious hints and help. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Natal25

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate the staff service, the rooftop bar and the location of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great hotel, superbly located. Plenty of efficient, well managed staff. Recent refurbishment is good: ground floor magnificent. So yes, it's not the Aldi of the hotel world but what you get is quality, very good quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank GJAS
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read your kind review of your most recent visit to Majestic Hotel & Spa. I am glad to see that you appreciated the facilities, the staff service and excellent location of the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I wish there was some way to give the Majestic Hotel 6 or 7 stars instead of 5. I have traveled all over the United States and Europe, and this was easily the most wonderful hotel I've ever stayed in. The location, the staff and the hotel itself all far exceeded expectations. My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon earlier this year, and everything was absolutely perfect! We had a lovely room overlooking the Passeig de Gracia. Every morning, we'd enjoy an espresso from our in-room Nespresso machine in our room's sitting room with the windows open. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were greeted by a bottle of champagne and some cake to help us celebrate. And the concierge recommended a fantastic restaurant for paella. We enjoyed a very relaxing day at the spa. The hotel is very centrally located in the Eixample. Walking distance to Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas, Casa Batio and a warren of lovely neighborhoods filled with beautiful buildings, tapas bars and high-end shopping. Perhaps our favorite part of the hotel, though, was the rooftop deck. Once we discovered it, we'd retreat here every day for an afternoon cocktail and snack while enjoying the spectacular views of every part of Barcelona. It was incredible!

We loved the Majestic Hotel and will surely be back! Thank you for helping us make our stay in Barcelona and our honeymoon so spectacular!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choose Majestic for your Honeymoon and for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an overall pleasant experience and that you appreciate the quality of the staff, the terrace and the great location of the hotel!

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Majestic Apartments and not the Hotel, but wow... Excellent.

Great rooms, great suites, very modern and clean.
Location was exceptional, right in the heart of the shopping district and not far - 15 min - 20 min walk to landmarks.

Cannot fault these Apartments..
Security is great...
Concierge was great
Service was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luke M

Dear Guest,

I personally want to thank you for leaving such kind words for us. I am more than happy to read that you enjoy the apartments, the service especially the concierge and the location of the hotel.

I hope very much looking forward to welcome you back very soon to Majestic Hotel & Spa.