“Fantastic hotel, but pricey!”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #38 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesquite, Texas
“Fantastic hotel, but pricey!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Loved staying in this hotel. We were fortunate enough to stay here when we booked a two day pre-cruise tour which turned into four days when the ship was not ready. Being part of a cruise tour, the price was great, but if we had stayed on our own, I am afraid that we would not be able to afford it.
Our room was super luxurious and we even had a tiny balcony, which is plenty when you just want to get a good view of life on Passeig de Gracia. Have I mentioned before that Passeig de Gracia is one of my favorite streets to date?
The service was impeccable. When you arrive, there are fabulously dressed men waiting to open the doors for you and to take your luggage. Felt so rich. :)
We stayed in November when it was too cold to swim, but we visited the rooftop pool several times to look at the view. Seems as if you could see for miles.
If I could afford it, I would probably stay here every time I visit Barcelona, but alas, my lottery tickets have not come through for me .... yet!
Don't hesitate to stay here.
I stayed here a lot earlier than what it will allow me to choose, but it is still just as wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks with us on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa was a very ejoyable one and that you appreciated the ideal location of the hotel and the staff service!

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in Barcelona!

Kind Regards

Pascal Billard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The people here are gracious, friendly and incredibly helpful. The doormen, client services, concierge, wait staff, housekeeping, did I forget anyone? Perfection!!!! Stellar all-around. That being said, the rooftop bar/pool is the best kept secret in Barcelona. If you are hitting most of the touristy spots this may be a little further away than El Palace or other hotels but the people and the rooftop make up for it. You may do a little more walking, but then you can treat yourself to the yummy food and cocktails on the rooftop. One thing.... If you are on the 8th floor with a view, it is a dormer size window. But still a nice view. You may want to request the 7th floor. Don't hesitate. Book it!!!!!

Room Tip: The wifi was iffy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I personally want to thank you for leaving such kind words for us. I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate the staff service, the terrace and the location of the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were a large family group and stayed for 3 nights before setting on a cruise from Barcelona. First of all, location, location, location! what a great area to enjoy Barcelona on foot. There is so much to see nearby ( Casa Mila, Casa Batllo by Gaudi) are only a few blocks away. Paseo de Gracia is a lively and elegant avenue full of nice shops and restaurants. On to the hotel itself, service was outstanding. From the moment you arrive, there is a doorman promptly ushering you inside ( I noticed he had a mic connecting with the hotel staff inside and requiring help with luggage, and monitoring the busy lobby, and also offering directions and even watching people walking by so that the guests were not bothered in any way). The only downside I could mention would be the breakfast area. The selection of food is impecable, but it is very crowded and the room is rather small. I found this to be somewhat annoying since I prefer to have breakfast in a more relaxed setting. Overall, the hotel is great and we would certainly stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to The Majestic Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate the location of the hotel and staff service.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Tiburon, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a very well run operation with great personnel, it has that "x" factor - I'm a business owner with multiple locations and hundreds of employees, we've had the privilege of staying in the best hotels all over the world, so to impress me you have to be good, and these people truly are. Every last person was competent, sincerely interested in our needs, and polite without pandering. For example, we never saw the cleaning staff but on our second day they carefully folded and arranged all of our two year old's clothing and diapers we had scattered around the room.

The property was remodeled in 2012 which shows, it is fresh, well maintained and sophisticated with a very good art collection. The room size is very generous, we had a Junior suite which was perfect for closing off our toddler at night. The breakfast buffet is extroidinay albeit not cheap. The only points off would be a very small roof top pool if you have older kids to amuse but that is otherwise offset by a great view of the city from the roof.

The location is 20 minutes from the airport, door to door, and at the epicenter of the high end shopping district and pretty central to all the major attractions from what I could tell, two great Gaudi building within two blocks to start with. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that your recent stay with us has been a perfect one. This is always our utmost goal, and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the staff service and the location of the hotel.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Oslo
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Good location in a more "quiet" and nice area with all the brand stores really close. Chanel and more is in the same building.

Nice welcome and very nice staff over all.

The lobby and the lounge and bar area is very nice. So is the roof terrase with the bar, pool and beautiful view. The rooms feels a bit "old". There are often compensations like if you have a balcony, the room is smaller and if you have a larger room, there is no balcony. Larger bathroom has bathtub and no seperat shower. Smaller bathroom has only shower. I am sure there are suites and the best rooms that has both. We stayed in both the seventh and eight floor, both in upgraded rooms that were like this. I personally don't prefer to shower in bathtubs. So if you want something spesific, make sure to ask for it when you make the booking. The cleaning staff of the rooms are very polite and friendly, and the cleaning of the rooms are good. The roomservice is also very good. Very serviceminded people there too.

The elevators are few, small and runs slow. Around breakfast, during checkout and by dinner time in the evening, you often have to wait a long time for the elevater. I often took the stairs even though we stayed on the eight floor during some of the time.

There is often a line waiting to be served at the reseption. Mostly during checkout, but also because the people staying there have questions and needs help and guidance with different things. There should be one seperat desk with at least two people just for information during the busyest times. And one seperate place for checking in and out.

I find the Hotel a "commercial" 5 star hotel. By that meaning that it is large, typical american (not the pitoresque and charming type), there are many families with children which causes more noise both around the rooms and at breakfast. If you have a "later breakfast", there are not so many families with younger children.

There could be a seperate area or floor with rooms for families with children so that the rooms next to them would be more tolerant and patient regarding noice etc.

The breakfast area has a little "cold" atmosphere. I think this is because you have no view and there is no light or morning sun coming in from outside. It actually looks like there is bad weather outside when you look to the windows. The breakfast is on the 1st floor, so I am not sure why it's like this. The breakfast buffe is very nice. I missed vegetables like tomatoes, salad, carrot, paprika and quecomber. There are fruit, but other than that there are only warm food, bread and pastries. The staff and service at breakfast is very nice.

I used the gym in the basement several times. It's very nice and clean. Enough and good equipment, very fresh toilet and shower facilities and always fruit, towels, headphones available.

Stayed July 2014
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community. We always appreciate hearing comments directly from our customers to keep improving our main installations and services.

However, I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location, the staff service, the fitness centre and especially the terrace.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location that is far enough from Las Ramblas that is peaceful, but is within walking distance to shopping and the Barrio Gothic.

The building itself is beautiful and our room was very tasteful. By American standards, it is on par with a Four Seasons. I would really like to know who does the interior design for this property because everything was modern, but had an easy elegance that is hard to achieve. I could not have been happier with my room and the ambiance.

There is a rooftop bar and pool area that is very chic and a great spot to see the skyline of Barcelona. I would recommend going upstairs just for the pictures.

The service was good, but some of the guests seemed to think they were pseudo-celebrities with the way that they walked around the place with a sense of entitlement. I am not enamored with those who think that highly of themselves and it seemed to me like there was a high concentration of these types at this hotel. If you like a hotel that is the place to "see and be seen" this is for you.

There was a minibar and nespresso machine in the room, which were both really nice touches.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rob F
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your great comments on your last stay with us at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the room as well as the interior design.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon to see the complete beauty of Barcelona!

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The family of 4 spent 3 nights at the Majestic and we were all very pleased with the service, quality and location of the hotel. In particular the service is of really high and proffesional quality.
Rooms as spacious and clean and one reason for chosing the Majestic was that we could get the whole family in one room - not many European city hotels do this.
I also have to mention the rooftop pool/bar. From here you have a very good view of large parts of Barcelona. After a long and hot day in the city it's really nice to return to the hotel, get up to the rooftop bar for a drink and a cooling bath overlooking the city.
Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TomHei
Dear Guest,

I personally want to thank you for leaving such kind words for us. I am pleased to see that you especially enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the rooms and the rooftop terrace.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.