“Be wary of which entrance you use...”
Review of Park Guell

Ranked #14 of 697 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Park Guell is one of the masterpieces of the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi, who projected it in 1900. Inaugurated as a public park in 1926, it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984, reconizing its patrimonial and cultural value as a symbol of modern architecture, being one of the biggest exponents of Gaudi's modernism. This playful urban park, the work of architect Antoni Gaudi, features peaceful greens, winding paths and many sculptures and mosaics designed by Gaudi himself. We recommend the following options for ensuring that you arrive on time at the Park Guell Monument Precinct: - Metro (green line, get off at Lesseps or Vallcarca). When you leave the station, you’ll have a walk of about 20-25 minutes. - City bus (lines H6 and 32). When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 15 minutes. - City bus (lines 92 and 24). When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 5 minutes. - Barcelona City Tour and Bus Turistic. When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 10 minutes. - Taxi to Park Guell (Carretera del Carmel or Calle de Marianao)
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Be wary of which entrance you use...”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My girlfriend and I got a bit lost on our way up to here, entering to what I believe was the east entrance. Anyways, we entered, and someone neglected to tell us there were two portions of the park. And the time on the ticket allows entrance to the paid part only at certain times. However, when we entered, we entered the non paid part. So by the time we came onto the paid part, the time had expired on our tickets. After a little debating with workers, we convinced them to let us in (they made me promise to keep it secret... oops). I'm usually the type to shrug my shoulders and walk away, and thankfully I didn't. I don't need to expand on what everyone else has already said. This place is amazing.

Take my story with a grain of salt though, because that's only what I gathered, about there being two parts to Parc Guell. I could be terribly wrong, but I don't see any other logical reason why we wouldn't be allowed "into" the park when we already were in the park and past some gates (not the main ones).

Visited May 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful and fanciful”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The park is full of surprises and the decorations by Gaudi are fantastical. We liked seeing the house that Gaudi built for himself. It is a shame that the housing idea did not work. His apartment swear ewell thought out, i would think the houses would have been terrific.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Cpredmor
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Words can't describe this place.....it's a must see!! Best to book a timed visit as queues are very long and after the bit of a trek to get there you don't want to be disappointed!! The attention to detail is truly amazing!!! Gaudi has definitely wowed me and made me want to see more!!
You can walk around the outside for free but there is a charge to go inside - it's well worth the money - you get to see so much more!!!
Spectacular views too!!

Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good couple of hours”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beautiful park with a lot of space to explore. You can explore for free. Was pretty crowded but great views of the city

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JGUCF
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful mix of art, nature, and city views!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Parc Guell is one of my favorite places in Barcelona. The views overlooking the city and the Mediterranean are just spectacular. The artwork interwoven with beautiful greenery and flowers, is amazing. There's a beautiful bench overlooking the city that you'll recognize once you see it. It's a beautiful tiled mosaic that weaves around and is a great place to sit and watch everything that's going on. One of my favorite things to do would be to go to the Bocadero on Las Ramblas in the morning, get yourself some fresh prosciutto, manchego, fruit, beverages, etc. and bring them to the park for a little picnic in whatever spot might be your favorite! It makes for a lovely afternoon!

Visited August 2013