“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

The hotel is very nice the staff are attentive and our butler gave us some good restaurant tips
The spanish tapas bar at the hotel was great. I will definitly stay there again The location is on the beach and is only 10 minutes by taxi to downtown Barcelona

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Hotel ARTS is fab for great service and comfort. All the small details such as great pool side service, electric blinds in the rooms, coffee machine, great toiletrie products in super bathrooms, the list is endless. Club Level is fantastic for drinks and snacks, available from early morning till late at night, and the breakfast chef makes great omlettes! My fave destination for a truly relaxing summer holiday.

Room Tip: Club Level is great, but all rooms I have stayed in over the years are of a good standard.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have never heard of this hotel before, but from the first moment I stepped into the hotel's lobby, I was blown beyond expectation. For about 190 Euros, I had expected a 3 or 4 star hotel, but not Arts Hotel. The staff was extremely patient, helpful and friendly, the hotel's location is also pretty strategic with a great view of the ocean, the hotel feels quite trendy with its art-deco modern style, and there's free wi-fi at the lobby. My room was in the corner of the building, so it was larger than usual with double windows for view. The toiletries were furnished by Acqua di Parma which was great, but for extra soaps they only gave us Neutrogena (??). My two complaints for this hotel are:
1. The body shower (not rainshower) just doesn't work. They shoot off waters from all directions, and on my first night the cold water was not working at all, had to wait till morning for them to come and fix it. This was a common problem encountered by my family who was also staying at the hotel.
2. My family and my rooms were all charged with extra stuff that we didn't purchase/take: umbrellas, mini bar. But after a complaint, they managed to void the charges. So I'd suggest for all visitors to double check their final hotel bills upon checking out.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms as high as possible and on the corner of the building, which gives you bigger rooms...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gtahir
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We have spent 2 nights at the Mandarin Oriental and then moved to the Arts.

Nothing to compare service cleanleness athmosphere are fantastic at the MO and poor at the Arts as well as the pool is ridiculus for a 400 bedrooms hotel

I will never stay at the Arts again

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Salvation_10
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear Salvation_10

We would like to thank you for chosing to stay with us at Hotel Arts during your visit to Barcelona.

I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies.Your opinion is important to us because it helps us to improve the service we offer and would be glad to talk to you personally about your experience .

We kindly invite you to contact me calling +34 93 221 1000 or sending an e-mail to hotel.arts@ritzcarlton.com.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

The main pluses of this hotel are the location and the food. Other than that I wouldn't say it lives up to a 5-star rating - not in terms of service or room maintenance. The price for every little thing is just outrageous.

The location of this hotel is great - right on the beach, you have amazing views of the sea and the marina. It's a very short walk to the beach itself and the many restaurants that line it. The hotel's pool area is amazing, lots of loungers, then a garden area with very comfortable chairs to sit on.

The rooms are really large and lovely, the beds are comfortable, and the bathroom was huge.

I stayed here on business, and so we had catering throughout the day, rather than ordering food a la carte. The catering was amazing, the food was really tasty and always fresh.

The downside of this hotel was the service - the reception area was always busy and full of people, and the staff did not seem to cope with this efficiently. The luggage took a long time to arrive in the room. When I arrived at the hotel my room wasn't ready, so I was told that the reception would give me a call or even text me on my mobile when the room would be available - what a nice touch, I thought - except that the call or text was never made. Finally when I went to reception to ask about my room, they said it was ready and I got the keys.

I was really happy to see a Nespresso machine in my room, and would have expected this to be complimentary. However, actually using the machine would have cost me 4 euros for each coffee. I also would have expected a bottle of complimentary water, but again, you have to pay for water, and for everything else laid out in the room - such as a small pack of French biscuits for 11 euros!

The hotel's corridors looked a bit worn, the room as well. Overall the hotel needs to be updated and refreshed.

Staying in the Arts was ok, but I did not think that it lives up to what you would expect from a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hela1
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed in the Hotel Arts at the end of our cruise and were delighted. The service was outstanding, the views amazing and the rooms were very large - particularly by European standards. The bathroom and shower were heavenly. The exercise facility and spa is the nicest we've ever experienced in any hotel. The hotel is right on the beach and walking distance to many restaurants and night clubs. It is also a two-block walk from the nearest metro station which is very clean and easy to use. The Hotel Arts is a Ritz Carlton hotel and guests can use Marriott points for free rooms and upgrades. Spoil yourself and stay here!

Room Tip: Use your Marriott Points for free rooms and upgrades
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We went to Barcelona for a birthday trip and stayed in the Arts as its in a great location and has always been my favourite in Barcelona. Things haven't changed, except for the price of food, which seems to have gone sky high. We had a very simple burger and salad by the pool on our last day and got no change from eur70.00 (and we didn't have drinks with it) - rip off - definitely ; even if they had fanned me with ostrich feathers while I was eating it and dropped peeled grapes in to my mouth, it wouldn't be worth that much. The pool location is lovely but don't dare to leave your sunbed unattended for more than a brief swim or the staff will swoop in and deposit someone else on your lounger - beds are at a premium! It was great to be able to have a midnight dip, however, without someone saying the pool was closed because it was dark - as long as the pool isn't being cleaned, you can swim, so we did! I would still stay at the Arts again, but would make sure I took a snack with me to the pool, as unless you are Midas, those prices are madness. Rooms were still very nice, although looking a little more tired than my last visit - time for a bit of a makever maybe. Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, so all in all a delighful stay.