“Five stars all the way”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico City
“Five stars all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I love the Hotel Arts. It is like staying in a deluxe vacation resort while in a big city. The location is hip and fun in the Olympic Port, next to the beach and the night life in the area. It is a quick subway ride away from the Gothic section or city center and if you are lazy, 10 Euros or less in a taxi. Rooms are huge compared to most European hotels. Every possible amenity is thought of. Views are to die for. We are in 2512 and love to sit on the window (area designed to do that) and watch the city and the sea.

What is best in this hotel and diffierent - the staff. The entire staff is ultra friendly and helpful and eager to please. The attitudes are outstanding and it is notable. Each waiter, maid, reception desk clerk, bellman, doorman, etc. happy to help and eager to please. No request is too small or too big.

This place is heaven. Yes, I agree with other reviews, it is not at all cheap. it should not be. it is special.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, sea view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy_on_the_road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip tp Barcelona on my 30th birthday and we stayed 3 nights at the hotel, it was truly a great experience. We came in the evening, check-in was smooth and the girl at the reception knew it was my birthday so I felt very welcome. Our room was on the 15th floor with an amazing view of the sea. The decor is modern and the bathroom was fantastic with a separate shower room as well as a bath tub. My husband had arranged for a bottle of cava in our room as we arrived and it was perfectly chilled. They had also put out a selection of chocolates along with a hand written card to me by the front desk staff, I felt really taken care of! The location is a bit off from La Rambla but it didn't matter at all since the area is vibrant and full of restaurants and it is great to stroll along the promenade, and you can get on a sightseeing bus just outside of the hotel. The pool area is nice with free water and fruit, and you have a nice view of the hotel and the general area. We never tried the restaurants since the breakfast is very expensive and there are many interesting restaurants just by the beach. The items in the minibar are super expensive, a Coke cost 7 Euro... We had a business package so internet was included in our rate but otherwise it costs 25 Euro per day, which is ridiculous. All in all the hotel met and exceeded all our expectations and we had a truly amazing stay at the Arts!

Room Tip: An ocean view is always nice, try to get a room high up to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Look no further when choosing a hotel in Barcelona. Highlights are the rooms (large and luxurious), all the common areas particularly outdoors including graden, swinning pool and terrace and the breakfast (unrivalled buffett)...make sure you get the breakfast included in your rate...best value on offer in the hotel. To top it all off staff are all very friendly. True eating and drinking in the hotel is expensive..but tell me a top class 5 star hotel where this is not the case! All in all one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in

Room Tip: Get brealfast as part of rate only €40 a day per couple, really worth it! Also ask for a room high u...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for conference purposes. It is close to great clubs like Opium Mar and CLDC. Staff is very friendly. But the rooms are very expensive and the room not that special in comparisson with cheaper hotels I stayed in. Moreover paying 25 euro's a day to have Wifi in the room is outrageous if you ask me. Almost every hotel I stay in, business and private, has free Wifi, coffee and tea. None of that in this hotel. So if you come to Barcelona you can have better value for money and still have a great room.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We just finished a week long stay at Hotel Arts Barcelona. The staff was attentive and friendly. When we showed up around 3 pm our room was not ready, similar to others' experience. I think it may be due to the fact that the check out is noon (which is great). No problem. We had a pleasant rest on the couches in the lobby and complimentary drinks for the wait. Then Alejandro (who is so nice and sweet) walked us up to our room. Our room on the 20th floor had a view of the ocean and some of the city. The room was beautiful and the bathrooms were fantastic. We did not touch anything in the room that might cost something (such as the coffee).

During our stay, they sent up fruit one day, chocolates another day, and a birthday cake yet another day. Very thoughtful.

The pool area is small but gorgeous. They provide great big fluffy towels pool side.

We used the concierge services several times. They were helpful and got us restaurant reservations.

The lobby area has water and candies. Also if you go for a run before 10 am they have bottled water and face towels by the door.

If you are marriott gold and above, you get wireless internet included. I would have been very troubled by paying 25 euros for this service as it was spotty.

My only complaint about this hotel is the amount of money they charge for small things, such as coffee. I had a coffee con leche one morning and the cost was about 8 euros. With the exchange, that means I paid around 10 US dollars for a cup of coffee. We left the hotel every morning to get coffee for about 2 euros else where.

We would have liked to made more use of the hotel but didn't think we should pay such a premium for simple things like coffee. In other Ritz's I have stayed in, there was free coffee and tea service in the morning. After that experience, I didn't even want to have a glass of wine. I think they should consider whether or not it is reasonable to charge what they do, even if many of the guests are willing to pay. It was the only blip on an otherwise wonderful experience.

They did err on my hotel bill. They left off one night and I corrected it (wonder if they would have tracked me down eventually).

Room Tip: Our room on the 20th Floor was very quiet and had good views.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sadie_NB
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We've been to Barcelona several times and this was our first stay at this hotel and we loved it. We were on the club floor - high up with great views of the ocean and the old town. The property is modern and has lots of interesting design and details - we loved that they update the flowers in public areas every day. The fit and finish are very nice. However, this is a SUPER busy hotel with lots of room turn over as a result of cruises. As a result, public areas of the hotel are too small to accommodate the volume of people - although, the hotel staff is very efficient and super friendly at moving people through. Also, it is a long walk to the primary sights of Barcelona - namely everything along the older part of town and Las Ramblas - so be ware that you will be cabbing it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I enjoyed 8 amazing nights at the Hotel Arts last week. The property is absolutely amazing, and the staff is 100% Ritz Carlton standard fabulous! (I express this strongly because Ritz Carlton Jamaica has no idea what this standard is!)

We stayed on the Club / Concierge level and I am so glad we did! All of the concierge level staff were AMAZING! All genuinely obliged to help us plan out things to do, places to see and some last minute itineraries to fill our days. A few HUGE pluses of staying on concierge level are:

1) Complimentary access to the electric Smart Cars. They do not advertise this, at least not
anywhere I saw. I just happened to overhear one of the staff members discussing it with a guest. We enquired, and they confirmed that the Hotel Arts battery operated Smart Cars have a 4 hour run time and may be checked out only by concierge level guests to explore the city. We LOVED IT! We took the Smart Car everywhere and had a BLAST! Parking is easy in the garages all over town and only costs a few euros to safely park. We probably saved at least a hundred euros in taxis. Went to parks, museums, La Rambla, restaurants, the Marina...etc.

2) Food, wine, drinks all day. There are special times for different meal services, but the
lovely wine selection, beers, and bar are available all day. One drink downstairs in the hotel
lobby or bar will cost you around $30 USD. 100% free (or included) at concierge level. If you
enjoy a glass of wine before dinner, and a night cap (or two), this is a great amenity! Also, I
heard breakfast downstairs was around 50 euros pp. It's complimentary and very good on the concierge level. Lunch / Tea time and dinner services of small sandwiches, snacks, cold cuts, desserts etc are also enjoyable.

3) Personalized attention from the staff. Each member of the concierge team will recognize you and call you by name on sight as of your first day. They will know what you like to do, eat, drink, etc. It is lovely to have such personalized attention and service. Once they get a feel for what you like, they are happy to make personalized suggestions for you on activities, restaurants, places to see - etc. All the staff members were wonderful. Glenn, you were very nice. And Michal - we love your sweet smile and demeanor! We will miss all of you! And to all the others on the 33nd floor we did not mention - you are ALL amazing & wonderful!!

4) Can't say enough about the outstanding view from both our room and the club itself. I would
just go for an hour every afternoon to the concierge lounge, have a glass a wine, chill out and
write some postcards while taking in the breathtaking view. It was an awesome way to just reflect on the day and the beautiful city of Barcelona.

We hinged for a while on booking the Hotel Arts because we heard it was "far from everything".
When it fact that is not true at all. It is few minutes by smart car / taxi to La Rambla, Born and
other popular areas. The location at Port Olympic offers spectacular views, access to the beach and all the trendy restaurants near the boardwalk. We even hopped on a sailboat one day (Orsom sailing is lovely).

I also want to mention that bell staff is amazing. They actually seemed excited to see us
every time we returned, and wanted to hear all about our Smart car adventures! One gentleman in particular was amazing - I think his name was Pol..? He was wonderful and SO VERY helpful to us every day when making smart Car plans and getting great directions.

I also want to mention that we had an amazing day at the Six Senses Spa.

Thank you so much Hotel Arts for making our first visit to Barcelona a beautiful one!

Room Tip: I would ONLY book club/concierge level!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ScentCurious
, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear ScentCurious,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to submit us your personal feedback. Your detailed comments encourage us to keep striving every day in order to offer our clients the excellent experience they deserve.

Should your travels bring you back to Barcelona, I will be pleased to personally receive your reservation. Please do not hesitate to contact me calling +34 93 221 1000 or writing an e-mail to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com. It will be my pleasure to return your call or e-mail and I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Arts soon.

Yours sincerely,