“Lovely view from higher floors”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #66 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2012

In my experienece , this is a modern hotel close to the water with good views and generally good quality rooms etc. Great if you want to be close to the sea and close to the heart of town. The rooms are very good, spacious and well-kept and have nice touches like walk in showers with extra jets etc.
The layout of the hotel does take some getting used but they do have a mass of staff trying to explain how to navigate the maze from on part of the hotel to the next.
I did eat in one night and the quality was good but all in all had to say found the hotel to be more expensive than I felt it should be. Breakfast can be a bit noisey.
Suggest trying to get a high floor so as to maximise the view you get.

Room Tip: Aim high. You miss out a lot on the lower floors.
1  Thank Chris O

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had a three day business trip to Barcelona and could decide between the Arts and the W, I finally settled for the Arts having stayed here 6 years ago. I made the right decision. The hotel was exceptional from the check-in. A warm welcome and they noted I had stayed with them some time back. The room was great, upper floor with a sea view. And the best bit – the food. The restaurants are amazing, such a choice and the service and quality is amazing.

One issue: the cost of WiFi - 25E per day, ludicrously expensive.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a sea view a must
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed on business in October, the room was lovely (but ask for a room with a view, we were over looking a walk way) and the staff were excellent.

The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had!

The only downside is that at Room rates of 300-12,000€ per night I would expect free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Went here on business. Felt like a movie star. Excellent welcome and service, fantatsic concierge who helped with all of my 'tourist questions' regarding what tourist sites to visit, jazz clubs, and where to eat outside of the hotel. The room was very well equipped, not huge but the views were amazing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank relaxed31
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel Arts for our honeymoon. We booked a room on the club floor, and it was well worth the price. The service is top notch and the offerings of snacks and beverages on the club floor throughout the day is a great perk. The hotel is pricey, but you get what you pay for. All in all a great experiance

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

When we arrived at the Ritz Carlton's Hotel Arts Barcelona, we were greeted with a personal concierge to make sure all our needs were met. Upon check in we were upgraded to a beautiful hotel suite with sweeping views of the Marina, Poolside terrace, beach and cruise ship harbour. The music in the CD player was so good, that I bought the CD and haven't stopped listening to it since. The bed had lovely linens and pillow and everything was so clean. A big bath tub and extended walk in shower made getting ready a joy. We spent half a day at the pool enjoying spanish beers and snacks and had dinner on the pier overlooking the beach at Carpe Diem, fabulous chill lounge and asian infusion restaurant. The lounge off the check in area of the hotel overlooking the waterfalls was the perfect atmosphere for a nightcap. Breakfast on the sunny outdoor patio was a dream, with fresh squeezed juice a plenty. Everything about this hotel was sensational from arrival, during, departure and all points in between, food, service, smiles were around every corner. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Marina view is fantastic, expansive views of beach, harbour and marina filled with boats. Corner sui...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I attended a conference like another reviewer and this hotel was simply not ready for it. Upon arrival (noon) there were no rooms available. The staff at check-in quickly went to "auto-reply" about hotel policy when asked. The promised to call back to my cell phone when the room was ready but did not do so. This happened to a lot of people the same day. Even after the guaranteed 3 pm check in time they had no rooms available for arriving guests.

The receptionist did notice in my passport that I would celebrate my birthday while staying there, but despite what other reviewers have shown here, nothing from the hotel on the day.

The standard rooms are pretty standard, starting to look worn and scratched. The lights at the bedside was so worn out that they could not even stay horizontal, some of the sockets for power were not working. Of course it is nice to have B&O sound in the room but only if you bring CDs - no place to plug in an iPod or similar. The bed was very squeeky.

WATCH OUT - this is a hotel where you are charged for the coffee maker in the room. It is a nespresso, but €4 per capsule.....? Espressos throughout the hotels are nespressos by the way.

The worst part about the hotel in respect to the conference was no area to sit. The lobby is very tiny, no Space at all and the bar opens only at noon. Speaking of the bar, there are no cosy chairs or anything to go for a drink - only tables and chairs as a simple cafe and this is referred to as a champagne bar...

The concierge was very helpful, most of the staff in the breakfast room was very friendly but besides that most of the staff was trained in saying "I'm sorry" as often they could do nothing.

This may have been 5 star but the stars are fading.

Room Tip: The south-west side faces a hospital so you hear the ambulances a lot.
3  Thank CPHworldtravellers
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear CPHworldtravellers,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken your time to send us this detailed feedback which helps us to improve and reconsider certain key aspects of our hotel.

I regret that your visit to Hotel Arts was not as pleasant as it should have been and that we were not able to achieve your expectations. Please accept our apologies regarding the check-in delay and the lack of consideration as your birthday was during your stay with us. We seek every day to provide our guests with special attentions, and I am concerned to see we failed with you. I assure you that I will take under consideration all you have mentioned on your review.

I would be pleased to have the opportunity of discussing your experience in more detail and I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000 or by mail writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com. I am looking forward to receiving your message and to answering your call or e-mail personally.

Thank you again for your message and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in order to give you the excellent treat you deserve.

Yours sincerely,