“The best service I've encountered in a long time..”

Ranked #50 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim Hills, California
“The best service I've encountered in a long time..”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with amazing views and steps to the sand. Close to the nightclubs and restaurants on the beach. Our room faced the city and the marina. Very open with lots of windows and light. Very spacious. We had a standard deluxe room. (I think they may all be corner rooms.) It was like a mini-suite with a sitting area, high-tech electronics and a huge bathroom with luxurious amenities.

The negatives: The beds were uncomfortable. I found this extremely disappointing. It felt like laying on cardboard and I usually like a firm mattress. It was also awfully warm and stuffy. Even after the engineer was sent up to fix the a/c, it did not cool down enough for us to sleep comfortably. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing. We're Americans and we found most European accommodations to be a touch too warm. Perhaps that's the case. Housekeeping was banging around for an hour or so in the room next door so that was quite annoying. We might have checked-in too early so they must have been cleaning. Also, the bathtub was a bit too tall. I bummed my knee trying to climb in (I'm 5'4").

The positives: The service was impeccable. You don't have to lift a finger - literally. I don't think we touched one door, one elevator button....I surely thought we'd get spoonfed at any moment. We were given refreshments as we waited to check-in. The staff was professional and polished.
I know I ranted a bit earlier but the service really made up for it. I love knowing that I can ask for whatever and no matter what it is, it is always acknowledged with a smile and a genuine willingness to assist. What can I say, I'm a sucker for great service. It's not easy to do with demanding clients. Well-done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel in July 2014.
The positives were: nice location, close proximity to Barceloneta beach, lovely outdoor pool, lawn area and jacuzzi, very good service by the pool. Our suite was very spacious with a splendid ocean view.
Negatives: check in process was very disorganized, very rowdy, staff seemed confused and overwhelmed. The lady checking us in seemed poorly trained, she had to ask her colleague simple questions, who then had to ask someone else. The staff all have broad smiles on their faces, but seem overwhelmed and confused. Room service was also very slow.
Very expensive Wifi, water was not complimentary.
Bathrooms in suite could have been designed to be a bit bigger, especially the shower seemed cramped for a 5 star hotel.
Elevators are extremely warm, don't seem to have effective air conditioning in them.
So, overall, nice hotel, but some improvements are necessary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Iyabo O,

Thank you for taking the time to write this complete review. I am pleased you enjoyed our rooms and facilities.

Feedback is extremely important to us and help us to make each experience a better one and improve our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Hotel Arts Barcelona in a near future and meet your expectations.

If you wish to comment further on your experience, feel free to leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Arts for 4 nights in July as part of a family holiday. It is hard to find any fault. We were upgraded to an apartment at the top of the Hotel. The view was jaw dropping. The hotel is spotless, food is great but what sets it apart is the service. The staff are friendly helpful and gracious, nothing is too much trouble. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
birmingham
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Where do you start with this place it isn't cheap but then again nothing about it is quality service unbelievable views beautiful rooms.Service really was flawless not only did the staff look after your every need they did it with so little fuss and grace it was like they were in stealth mode.The rooms were clean comfortable stylish and full of great technology.The location was excellent right by the beach and 2 minutes walk from La ramblas also the fish restaraunts by the marina were handy too which were excellent apart from that spanish tradition of them pestering you to go to their restaraunt.Would reccomend this to anyone who could afford it after all you can't have all of the above without paying a premium.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bernared1968
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the Arts for 4 days and could not have been happier. The rooms were beautifully decorated and our room on the 18th floor had wonderful views of the beach and the Med. The most impressive part of the stay was the service. From check in, to the pool staff, to the staff at the entrance (taxis, etc) and especially the concierge desk, everyone was so friendly, helpful and willing to spend the time to make this a great stay. A special thanks to JuanRa at the concierge desk, who helped us with sites, restaurants and even arranged a rental car for a day with drop off at the hotel. The location of the hotel is good, within walking distance to Barceloneta Beach, the Barri Gotic and other attractions. All in all a great stay and a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: A higher room gives better views (obvious I know)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Super hotel with a fantastic breakfast restaurant Veranda. Breakfast becomes breakfeast! Superb buffet and crepe and egg show on the premises. Every wish is fulfilled. And champagne, juices fresh coffee. A real Ritz experience. You can also walk in when you are not staying in the hotel. For 45 euro per person. Prepare for a treat by the staff of manager Vincent.

Room Tip: Alle kamers top
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff at the hotel is exactly what you would expect from the Ritz. Professional and helpful. The hotel is exactly what you would expect of a Marriott. A bit in need of a remodel and outrageous charges for basics - WiFi and water. I couldn't find our points number and the front desk said they would call and get the number and let us know. We never heard back from them. The first morning in the hotel, another guest tried to enter our room with their own KEY. After having our room re-keyed (not one person asked for identification during this process), they profusely apologized and said the manager would contact us. We never heard from anyone. Very disappointed that we had to pay so much for the room + $34.00 + tax for WiFi. We had the choice of the staying at the Mandarin for the same price and free WiFi with an in town location or the Hotel Arts with an out of the way location. We made the wrong choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Cheryl F F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I am sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us, and I am concerned we did not follow-up with you adequately.

Please allow me to send my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by these situations. Your comments are extremely valuable as I share them with our teams, and you may trust that we engage all our resources to correct our mistakes immediately and prevent them from happening again.

Yours sincerely,