“Beautiful Hotel by the sea”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #55 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Beautiful Hotel by the sea”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were warmly greeted in the hotel lobby and offered complimentary glasses of champagne during check in. Everyone was very friendly and eager to help. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous! We were in a corner room on the 15th floor which looked out over the Mediterranean Sea as well as the entire city of Barcelona. Bathrooms were large with separate tub and marble shower with very large white fluffy towels. Room service was superb, from fluffing pillows, leaving water by the bedside, to lying out our night time slippers. The brunch, which was included, was one of the nicest and most extensive selection of foods we have almost ever seen! It was simply delicious. Our only complaint were the prices in the restaurants and bar. My son ordered a hamburger out by the pool cafe which was over 25 euros. It included some french fries, but no drink....OUCH!
And the toilet paper was rough. Minor complaint, but still noticed! (Maybe they don't stock Charmin in Barcelona!) I would definitely stay here again..... :-)

Room Tip: If possible, ask for one of the corner rooms, preferably above the 10th floor. Your room size will b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (940)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My 2nd stop on my European summer tour was to Barcelona and Hotel Arts. It is located right on the beach, in the most central and best spot. Surrounded by restaurants, bars, marina and a casino. The hotel is grand with nice modern decor throughout. A cascading waterfall wall as you pull up to the valet and reception area. Many attendants and staff to help and assist you with whatever you need. The first 2 nights was upgraded to the royal suite that is 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, each with its own spacious bathrooms, a full kitchen, a gym and balcony with lounge and dining area with view of the city/mountains and the water. It was quite fun since I was able to sleep in a different room when I wanted. Since I was alone it made more sense when I stayed the rest of the trip in a slightly smaller suite but was still very large 2 story loft with full kitchen, bathroom with a fabulous separate shower and tub to fit 2 or 3 people and direct view of the majestic ocean. The vip receptionists and butlers that are assigned to the suites are terrific! Ask anything and it will get done.

There are a few restaurants in the hotel. From casual to fine dining and all served great food. The pool is a regular size pool but was very nice and maybe one of the better pools in Barcelona. Great to be able to hear so many languages in one place. Even the staff speaks many different languages.

The only negative with the hotel is the design of the first and second floor. It was kind of confusing finding your way around from reception to the elevators to the pool..kind of like a maze at first. I walked around and went through doors and corridors just to see where I would end up. But after the first day, you will feel right at home.

Overall I think the hotel is a very nice and luxurious hotel, probably the best in Barcelona, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Southlake, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel Arts twice in the last few months, once on business and once on vacation. The hotel is very luxurious and the service is terrific, flowers throughout the hotel are gorgeous. Rooms are plush and spacious with great views, though the street noise is unavoidable and carries up to even the high floors. We stay in high-end hotels frequently and this measures up. The only real negative - and it is a big one - is that the prices for food both through room service or at the restaurants/pool are extremely high, even by European standards. For four of us to have lunch in their lobby restaurant (not the fancy one) - two pastas, two club sandwiches, two sodas and two bottles of water - 150 Euros. Yipes! Room service continental breakfast was around 45 Euros - um, no thanks. The complimentary coffee in the room was delicious, though. My single glass of sangria by the pool was 17 Euros.
If you have no need to eat onsite or cocktail by the pool - or money is no object - this is a prime site on the water with impeccable service and you will enjoy every moment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bristol, UK
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great hotel by anyones standards but check location you want, as its away from main tourism areas but brilliantly located at the port/beach. Also, as a Ritz Carlton property I was surprised that on arrival there were too few porters/bell staff to cope with number of clients. 2 bellmen for so many clients checking in/out. This wasn't a one off - everytime I went through the entrance people were having to take their own luggage, locate their own taxi etc - fine, but not what you'd expect from a property of this level. Same story with check in. Just too many clients, not enough desks/staff.

The other annoyance was lack of lobby seating area. They've obviously decided to maximise revenue by having two dining/bar options off lobby, and reducing amount of communal lobby space to sit. This is fine, but people who wanted to wait in the lobby couldn't find chairs. Again, fine but not of a property at this level - and it wasn't a one off. Saw it all the time during our 4 day stay.

The rooms are lovely, bathrooms fantastic. Small TVs (by current standards) but rooms were all good, most with excellent views.

Check the location you want. If you've been to BCN before then you will know its by the beach and marina, but quite a way away from the Ramblas/tourist sights. So, for a 1st visit I'd probably suggest a property closer to Las Ramblas. That said, if you can afford to stay here, you can afford the taxi!

This review probably sounds a bit 'fussy' and this is a great hotel by anyones standards but in a Ritz Carlton property charging 400-7000 euros a night (or more!) you don't expect to carry your own luggage, get your own taxi, or wait ages to check in.

So, great property but some improvement needed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kungalv, Sweden
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We live at Hotel Arts last year in july 2013. It is our favourite luxury hotel. Room 1209 with a view of the whole Barcelona. Elegant room with two king size bed plus extra bed to our daughter. The design furniture from the bedroom to the bathroom is awesome. Hotel personal stuff was very 100% service minded. One evening on the way to the elevator I happened to meet face to face with a celebrity (Sean Penn). It was fun!

This is our second time we had stayed at Hotel Arts and this time we stayed six nights. It's expensive but its worth on our honeymoon trip and it feels amazing.

Anaheim Hills, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with amazing views and steps to the sand. Close to the nightclubs and restaurants on the beach. Our room faced the city and the marina. Very open with lots of windows and light. Very spacious. We had a standard deluxe room. (I think they may all be corner rooms.) It was like a mini-suite with a sitting area, high-tech electronics and a huge bathroom with luxurious amenities.

The negatives: The beds were uncomfortable. I found this extremely disappointing. It felt like laying on cardboard and I usually like a firm mattress. It was also awfully warm and stuffy. Even after the engineer was sent up to fix the a/c, it did not cool down enough for us to sleep comfortably. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing. We're Americans and we found most European accommodations to be a touch too warm. Perhaps that's the case. Housekeeping was banging around for an hour or so in the room next door so that was quite annoying. We might have checked-in too early so they must have been cleaning. Also, the bathtub was a bit too tall. I bummed my knee trying to climb in (I'm 5'4").

The positives: The service was impeccable. You don't have to lift a finger - literally. I don't think we touched one door, one elevator button....I surely thought we'd get spoonfed at any moment. We were given refreshments as we waited to check-in. The staff was professional and polished.
I know I ranted a bit earlier but the service really made up for it. I love knowing that I can ask for whatever and no matter what it is, it is always acknowledged with a smile and a genuine willingness to assist. What can I say, I'm a sucker for great service. It's not easy to do with demanding clients. Well-done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel in July 2014.
The positives were: nice location, close proximity to Barceloneta beach, lovely outdoor pool, lawn area and jacuzzi, very good service by the pool. Our suite was very spacious with a splendid ocean view.
Negatives: check in process was very disorganized, very rowdy, staff seemed confused and overwhelmed. The lady checking us in seemed poorly trained, she had to ask her colleague simple questions, who then had to ask someone else. The staff all have broad smiles on their faces, but seem overwhelmed and confused. Room service was also very slow.
Very expensive Wifi, water was not complimentary.
Bathrooms in suite could have been designed to be a bit bigger, especially the shower seemed cramped for a 5 star hotel.
Elevators are extremely warm, don't seem to have effective air conditioning in them.
So, overall, nice hotel, but some improvements are necessary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Iyabo O,

Thank you for taking the time to write this complete review. I am pleased you enjoyed our rooms and facilities.

Feedback is extremely important to us and help us to make each experience a better one and improve our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Hotel Arts Barcelona in a near future and meet your expectations.

If you wish to comment further on your experience, feel free to leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,