“One of the very very best”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #57 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
“One of the very very best”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've traveled widely in the US and western Europe, and this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at: service is top notch. Pool is wonderful. Location is wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel special. Rooms are great. Can't wait to comeback.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014

as the title reads this was a wonderful hotel. The pool is a great place to relax and it overlooks a marina. The beach is exactly a block away. There are some VERY good clubs and restaurants on that part of the beach as well. The one down side being that you can hear the music from those clubs until about 6am.

My only complaint here is that the check in took FOREVER. we stayed here twice in the same trip. On our first check in, we were told that we could check in at 12p when in reality check in was 3p. We ended up not getting into our rooms until 5pm. It was a nightmare. When we came back (from Pamplona, Running w the Bulls IS A MUUUUSSSTTT), again it took hours. I really can't understand what in the world took so long but it was insane. Outside of that this hotel is wonderul, the location is perfect. Would recommend staying here to anyone traveling to Barcelona.

Room Tip: get something facing the pool - only downside is that the club music from the beach will be loud. No...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 4 nights at the end of July. We are Ritz Carlton residence owners... and our full time residence is a Ritz Carlton tower penthouse. Overall, I thought the Arts Hotel was just OK, falls short of the Ritz experience. We will try a different hotel next time we're in barcelona.
1) The desk in the first room we were assigned had a broken leg. I am not talking about a wobbly desk, but a desk with a broken leg (on the out-facing side). I called down to reception and shortly, a couple maintenance guys came to examine. The removed the desk from my room..... and after about 5 hours, moved in a replacement desk. I asked to switch rooms because my husband needed the desk to do some office work and i was told the hotel was full and no room is available until the next day. I find it amusing that it took over 5 hours to receive a replacement desk. And quite disturbing that the broken piece of furniture was not reported by housekeeping earlier. Housekeeping should've noted and reported this when they cleaned the room earlier in the day.

2) Hotel gives free gummy candies and cava (sometimes) in the lobby... and as you can imagine, during busy season, it makes a very hectic experience when you're trying to check-in/out and there are children running around for free candy. Suggestion to move the candy stations else where.

3) Hotel room itself is OK... starting to show age (rust rings around bathroom fixtures etc).

4) Given the trouble we had on arrival day, hotel comped 2 free breakfast.

5) Housekeeping was not so good. They keep on throwing away our toothbrush (ones we brought) without leaving us replacement sets. Even my husband who never pays attention to this sort of thing commented on how strange the housekeeping was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CARRYONLUGGAGEONLY
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear CARRYONLUGGAGEONLY,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I am sorry to read about the issues you had during your stay with us, and I am concerned you left us disappointed about your overall experience.

Please allow me to send my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Your comments are extremely valuable, I will share them with our teams and ensure we engage all our resources to correct our mistakes immediately and prevent them from happening again.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and offer you a wonderful experience.

If you wish to comment further on your experience, feel free to leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great position overlooking the beach and port area. Hotel staff are unbelievably professional, friendly efficient and helpful. Rooms are modern, spacious and luxurious. Unfortunately only stayed at this hotel for 1 night so never really had the opportunity to enjoy the gorgeous pool, gym, spa or restaurants. The concierge staff are so helpful and obliging - gave us good tips and information.
I have previously stayed in the La Rambla area( Le Meridien), which is very much in the heart of the action so it is very noisy and hotels are generally older type hotels but would have no hesitation of staying in the beach area and at the Arts hotel on our next visit ( hopefully soon!!) - lots of cafes, ice bar, tappas and a great boardwalk. Lots of taxis available so really easy to get around.
Highly recommend this amazing hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were warmly greeted in the hotel lobby and offered complimentary glasses of champagne during check in. Everyone was very friendly and eager to help. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous! We were in a corner room on the 15th floor which looked out over the Mediterranean Sea as well as the entire city of Barcelona. Bathrooms were large with separate tub and marble shower with very large white fluffy towels. Room service was superb, from fluffing pillows, leaving water by the bedside, to lying out our night time slippers. The brunch, which was included, was one of the nicest and most extensive selection of foods we have almost ever seen! It was simply delicious. Our only complaint were the prices in the restaurants and bar. My son ordered a hamburger out by the pool cafe which was over 25 euros. It included some french fries, but no drink....OUCH!
And the toilet paper was rough. Minor complaint, but still noticed! (Maybe they don't stock Charmin in Barcelona!) I would definitely stay here again..... :-)

Room Tip: If possible, ask for one of the corner rooms, preferably above the 10th floor. Your room size will b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My 2nd stop on my European summer tour was to Barcelona and Hotel Arts. It is located right on the beach, in the most central and best spot. Surrounded by restaurants, bars, marina and a casino. The hotel is grand with nice modern decor throughout. A cascading waterfall wall as you pull up to the valet and reception area. Many attendants and staff to help and assist you with whatever you need. The first 2 nights was upgraded to the royal suite that is 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, each with its own spacious bathrooms, a full kitchen, a gym and balcony with lounge and dining area with view of the city/mountains and the water. It was quite fun since I was able to sleep in a different room when I wanted. Since I was alone it made more sense when I stayed the rest of the trip in a slightly smaller suite but was still very large 2 story loft with full kitchen, bathroom with a fabulous separate shower and tub to fit 2 or 3 people and direct view of the majestic ocean. The vip receptionists and butlers that are assigned to the suites are terrific! Ask anything and it will get done.

There are a few restaurants in the hotel. From casual to fine dining and all served great food. The pool is a regular size pool but was very nice and maybe one of the better pools in Barcelona. Great to be able to hear so many languages in one place. Even the staff speaks many different languages.

The only negative with the hotel is the design of the first and second floor. It was kind of confusing finding your way around from reception to the elevators to the pool..kind of like a maze at first. I walked around and went through doors and corridors just to see where I would end up. But after the first day, you will feel right at home.

Overall I think the hotel is a very nice and luxurious hotel, probably the best in Barcelona, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Southlake, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel Arts twice in the last few months, once on business and once on vacation. The hotel is very luxurious and the service is terrific, flowers throughout the hotel are gorgeous. Rooms are plush and spacious with great views, though the street noise is unavoidable and carries up to even the high floors. We stay in high-end hotels frequently and this measures up. The only real negative - and it is a big one - is that the prices for food both through room service or at the restaurants/pool are extremely high, even by European standards. For four of us to have lunch in their lobby restaurant (not the fancy one) - two pastas, two club sandwiches, two sodas and two bottles of water - 150 Euros. Yipes! Room service continental breakfast was around 45 Euros - um, no thanks. The complimentary coffee in the room was delicious, though. My single glass of sangria by the pool was 17 Euros.
If you have no need to eat onsite or cocktail by the pool - or money is no object - this is a prime site on the water with impeccable service and you will enjoy every moment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family