5,169 results
All reviewsclub levelritz carltonbeautiful hotelluxury hotelconcierge desksea viewper daycorner roomhigh floortapassagrada familialas ramblasenotecaarolaeurosinternconference
Reviewed 8 August 2014

we love the hotel our 5th or 6th time there.
Thestaff is mainly interns and they are just amazing, i got a few name to write a well deserving revirw,GINA GOEDERT by the pool side, MIREIA GARRIGA by the lobby her last day of internshp in the hotel, young manYANN COTINHO,working as a bell man, so pleasant when we arrived at 3 am

Room Tip: ocean view more expensive
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank florida201150
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was there in May on a business trip, and could not have been more pleased. The staff was extremely helpful and the hotel was immaculate. I would love to come back and stay there again. The location is perfect directly on the beach, and walking distance to a bunch of different locations including the Barcelona zoo. If you are a fan of gambling, there is a casino located downstairs. It is a really nice place and well run. I could not have asked for a better location, or trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've traveled widely in the US and western Europe, and this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at: service is top notch. Pool is wonderful. Location is wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel special. Rooms are great. Can't wait to comeback.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

as the title reads this was a wonderful hotel. The pool is a great place to relax and it overlooks a marina. The beach is exactly a block away. There are some VERY good clubs and restaurants on that part of the beach as well. The one down side being that you can hear the music from those clubs until about 6am.

My only complaint here is that the check in took FOREVER. we stayed here twice in the same trip. On our first check in, we were told that we could check in at 12p when in reality check in was 3p. We ended up not getting into our rooms until 5pm. It was a nightmare. When we came back (from Pamplona, Running w the Bulls IS A MUUUUSSSTTT), again it took hours. I really can't understand what in the world took so long but it was insane. Outside of that this hotel is wonderul, the location is perfect. Would recommend staying here to anyone traveling to Barcelona.

Room Tip: get something facing the pool - only downside is that the club music from the beach will be loud. No big deal if you're going to said clubs at night. They're very fun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 4 nights at the end of July. We are Ritz Carlton residence owners... and our full time residence is a Ritz Carlton tower penthouse. Overall, I thought the Arts Hotel was just OK, falls short of the Ritz experience. We will try a different hotel next time we're in barcelona.
1) The desk in the first room we were assigned had a broken leg. I am not talking about a wobbly desk, but a desk with a broken leg (on the out-facing side). I called down to reception and shortly, a couple maintenance guys came to examine. The removed the desk from my room..... and after about 5 hours, moved in a replacement desk. I asked to switch rooms because my husband needed the desk to do some office work and i was told the hotel was full and no room is available until the next day. I find it amusing that it took over 5 hours to receive a replacement desk. And quite disturbing that the broken piece of furniture was not reported by housekeeping earlier. Housekeeping should've noted and reported this when they cleaned the room earlier in the day.

2) Hotel gives free gummy candies and cava (sometimes) in the lobby... and as you can imagine, during busy season, it makes a very hectic experience when you're trying to check-in/out and there are children running around for free candy. Suggestion to move the candy stations else where.

3) Hotel room itself is OK... starting to show age (rust rings around bathroom fixtures etc).

4) Given the trouble we had on arrival day, hotel comped 2 free breakfast.

5) Housekeeping was not so good. They keep on throwing away our toothbrush (ones we brought) without leaving us replacement sets. Even my husband who never pays attention to this sort of thing commented on how strange the housekeeping was.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CARRYONLUGGAGEONLY
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear CARRYONLUGGAGEONLY,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I am sorry to read about the issues you had during your stay with us, and I am concerned you left us disappointed about your overall experience.

Please allow me to send my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Your comments are extremely valuable, I will share them with our teams and ensure we engage all our resources to correct our mistakes immediately and prevent them from happening again.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and offer you a wonderful experience.

If you wish to comment further on your experience, feel free to leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,