“Fantastic place in a fantastic city!”

ELLA Hostel Barcelona
Milan, Italy
“Fantastic place in a fantastic city!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Violeta Hostel is a really great place to stay when in Barcelona. It's so central & pretty close to everything; the Ramblas, beach and the bus stop for the airport! The rooms are big and everything is very clean and the balcony is huge and a great place to relax or have a drink!
I definitely would book this again for my next trip to Barcelona!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amber H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were very impressed with everything, the owners and staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was large and clean and very comfortable.The location of the hostel is perfect for all of the city attractions, and we were helped by advice given by the owner as to where to go how to get there and general hospitality. I can not praise this lovely hostel enough. If we go back to Barcelona we would book Violeta without hesitation. thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ali g
Dublin
Reviewed 4 February 2014

myself and my boyfriend stayed here Jan 31st for 3 nights. On arrival (which was late) we were greeted by the owner who was only too happy to give us as much detail about Barcelona as possible. He gave us great tips on sightseeing and a very useful map to keep free of charge. We also received 2 complimentary mini bottles of cava which were very tasty indeed. The hostel is situated in a very safe and beautiful neighbourhood and very close to all amenities including the metro. its very close to the airport stop at Cataluyna too.
We had a double bed with a shared bathroom. If I was to stay again I would ask for a private bathroom.

My only negative was the room was facing the courty and for us we found this very nosey as the lift is based in the court. We woke a lot with noise and the use of the lift.

But the service really did make up for this. The staff spoke perfect english and were only too happy to help us with any queries, including lending us an umberalla one day to go to Camp Nou when it was raining.

I would recommend this hostel as its a great price, great location and great staff!!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the Court and a private bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have been in this place in October with my girlfriend, it was my first time in Barcelona. It's was a very great experience in Violeta, we took the room with private bathroom...it was an amazing appartment (!!!), very big, very clean and with a private terrace (just above the common one).
The location is fantastic, near Girona metro station and 15 minutes by feet from Plaza Catalunya. The staff is very helpful and friendly for every information about the city and any public services.

Just perfect for me, I recommend it to all and hope to come back as soon as possibile!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
amsterdam
Reviewed 24 December 2013

there was a trouble between intermediary web company and hostel(the problem was not on this hotel but on the intermediary website) . So there was double booking.
some hotels usually tend to avoid their responsibility on this kind of problem

However

This hotel has recommended me continuous other hotels and apartments until I was satisfied with that choice.

Firstly I was really annoyed from this kind of problem, but after this hotel have shown me great kindness, even though it was not totally this hostel's problem and I have bothered them really much,
I really appreciate to Violeta Hostel.

To be honest, I did not visit this hotel. So I cannot value the other criteria.

However I can guarantee the services and their kindness in the supposed contingency like something which I had experienced.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was a great hostel to stay at. Clean, good location, and friendly staff. The staff knew my name and were extremely helpful with any question I had about the city. The common area is very comfortable and tea, coffee, and milk was available for breakfast at no cost. It is just a couple streets away from the metro and you can easily get to all the main sights. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Como, Italy
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Very good place to stay for a week end in Barcelona. My room was very well organized with shelves and drawers to put my stuff. Bathrooms are also well organized and always very clean. Never happened to wait to use the shower or the toilet.
Common areas very beautiful and comfortable, especially the terrace.
Only down side of my stay is that my room was next to entrance door and common area. I am a light sleeper but still I did not get too bothered by this.
Tea and coffee always available, staff extremely nice, welcoming and helpful. Definitely an excellent stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo