“Great experience!!!”

My Favourite Things
Ranked #132 of 611 Tours in Barcelona
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Super place to stay, verry friendly people , good communication !more than I had hoped for ! A reason to come back!!!!

All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
"art nouveau"
"food tour"

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Near Plaza Reial, we entered a haven of quiet and piece.... in this wonderfully decorated loft. It is in between the sea, the rambla and in the middle of barrio Ghotico.
So happy we took a tour with Claudia, the singing guide, who showed us some amzing corners and wonderful buildings and who knew everythin!
5 days are too short, definitely coming back!
Rik, Bea, Barbara, kids and granny!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

So sadly I had to leave my trip early and was unable to do a tour with MFT. But I still wanted to review because Katrien was so great and helpful! She spent a ton of time emailing with me helping me to understand the different tours and answering all my annoying questions- and then even when it was clear I couldn't do a tour, she spent the time to give me restaurant and bar suggestions! If I'm ever back in Barcelona, I will be calling MFT/Katrien again!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My sisters, in England, my husband and I from Canada, all came together for a trip in Barcelona. We contacted Katrien and booked our apartment, which was out of this world so close to Las Ramblas,but so quiet and beautifully decorated and so much room two beds, two baths, more than we had hoped for, definitely be back, loved it. The walking tour we did with Myft was brilliant, loved our guide, small group of people so you enjoy the tour so much more, heard some lovely, funny and sad stories, visited a yummy cheese shop and got to sample some free cured ham at the big bustling market. Our tour guide sang us a love song at the end of the tour in a private home, which was in the same building as our apartment, her voice was beautiful, such a lovely lady. Katrien made our trip so much easier and more enjoyable knowing someone who knows the heart of Barcelona made our holiday truly memorable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We started our first full day in Barcelona with a personalised four hour tour. It cost 135 euros and was worth every penny.

Our guide, Carola, was charming, knowledgeable and warm. We had asked for a general orientation to the city with an emphasis on good food, hidden gems and historical sites and we got a great mix. Over the tour we criss-crossed El Raval, El Gotic and Born, staying almost exclusively to the small side streets. We saw architecture through the ages, buildings of note and hidden gardens and palaces. All accompanied by an informed commentary of what we we seeing but in such a light manner it never felt light a history lesson or a parroted script. The food markets were colourful and tasting our first five-year aged jamon was a highlight. The culture and history of Catalonia came alive as we walked; everything from the independence movement, the civil war and Franco to where Columbus showed off his booty from the newly discovered Americas. Just as clear was a feel for how people live today with "the crisis", the seemingly ever interfering city government and the lifestyle today.

The number of restaurants pointed out as good was enormous, often with additional information as to their speciality or help in what to order. Just as important was the information on where not to eat. By the end we were exhausted and in dire need of a good lunch, which we had in a beautiful garden setting in a great restaurant that doesn't appear in Tripadvisor. The perfect hidden gem to end our tour.

1  Thank Aus841