“Very Good Stay!”

Ranked #14 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Bramley, United Kingdom
“Very Good Stay!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for 3nights in the balcony room. Well maintained and clean room. I am very particular to details as I have stayed in many hotels but this hotel has exceed my expectation. Although staying in the balcony hotel is a bit noisy for my liking because its facing the road but otherwise it's a perfect room especially during summer. It is very conveniently located close to Sagrada Familia and of course the Metro Station. I have walked all around the area and seen lots without using the train ticket much. The receptionist/owner are very friendly and helpful. He recommended me the nearest Tapa's Restaurant and the food and staff are really good. The restaurant downstairs is good too if you don't want to walk far. My experience is good enough to come back to this place. Oh before i forget the contemporary style of the hotel makes it enjoyable to stay in and suits my liking. Thank you Hostal Khronos!

Room Tip: I would not recommend the terrace room facing the road if you want a quiet room to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tino T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night city break in Barcelona staying at the Hostel Khronos.
We stayed in the twin bed room and after never staying in a hostel before was a bit nervous. Well we had nothing to worry about and all the nerves were completely unfounded.

On arrival we had a warm welcome and made completely at ease by the owners. The owners gave good recommendations and advice of where to eat, drink etc and were very helpful and loaned me an adaptor when I discovered that I had only managed to pack my USA travel adaptor instead of my European one.
Decor lovely and very nicely done -still can't believe this is a hostel!

Shown to our room and although it could be called small it was absolutely fine for a two night break. There is a "open" wardrobe with 6 hangers and the bathroom was lovely, it had the most powerful shower i had ever been in and we never had any problems with water temperature.
Hairdryer was provided and was quite powerful. Also had free toiletries ie. Shower gel and shampoo. There was free wifi which worked well.
The only negative part of the room is that the only window does not look out onto any natural light which could be a pain especially in summer. Not sure about the air conditioning (there was a control pad but it didn't seem to work - we didn't bother asking as it was February and didn't need it).
The outside roof terrace was lovely and I can imagine it being a lovely place to sit on a hot summers day/night. I did take a picture but am writing this on the mobile app and there is nowhere to upload pictures for some reason? ?

We used the renfe train from the airport and it was so easy to use. We bought a T-10 ticket at the airport train station for 10.30 euros which you get 10 journeys and you can share them within your group travelling. This lasted us the two days touring (we walked alot!) And we only had to buy a single to head back to the airport which was around 4 euros each.
Nearest train station was only 2 blocks away and was an easy walk.

We were in room 9 and it was quiet - we could hear other residents occasionally in the building but nothing that disturbed us. There was also a water cooler that was very welcome to fill our water bottles to rehydrate.

I would not hesitate to come back and stay at the hostal Khronos and the welocoming and helpful owners.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bobber73
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The room was cleaned everyday weather it was
needed or not the communal areas were nice with a roof terrace which I'm sure would have been glorious with warmer weather. I visited Barcelona to celebrate my 30th birthday and I brought some cards from home which I displayed. To my amazement the staff had bought me a card and a box of truffles which was unexpected but very loverly. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank nickhill120
Coleman, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Adam was great , very helpful.His resteraunt sugjestions were right on the money. The room was perfect and breakfast was good. The location worked well for us. W ould stay again next time we are in town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Salamanca, Spain
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms much closer to an actual hotel than a hostal... And a pretty good one at that. They are awesomely furnished, and look clean and well looked after. Bathrooms make great use of limited space.

Cons? Well, noise from the street is a small issue (even though the street is not particularly busy at night) but if you choose to stay in the heart of Barcelona some compromises need to be done. The building the hostal sits is quite old so you have to climb a flight of stairs or take a minuscule lift... And that's pretty much it.

Service? polite and helpful. So far haven't found anything this good at this price level in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What a perfect hotel, location etc. for a holiday in Barcelona. Staff were extremely helpful and catered to all our needs. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We are definitely going back and will be staying here again. Will be recommending this to friends who want to visit this cool city!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Noordwijk
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Hostal Khronos very much. Good location in a fine neighbourhood. Staff are nice to talk to and the hotel is clean, modernly decorated which we like. I read some reviews with some complaints about noise from other rooms, but we didn't have any trouble with this. We clearly enjoyed Barcelona very much and will definitely come back and preferably we would come back to this hotel, so to the question if we would recommend this hotel to others: yes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple