I stayed at Hostal Khronos for 8 nights this August, as a single traveller on holiday to explore all Barcelona has to offer (amongst a big festival that week). At arrival I was welcomed by Ingrid. Very open, friendly and helpful. That attitude proved to be the standard for all of the staff! Room was (and was kept) very clean, modern styling, my taste. Private balcony, good bathroom, airco, flatscreen tv, free wifi, vault and a comfortable bed. A little bit of noise from traffic but hey… that’s a small price to pay for staying city centre. I didn’t reserve breakfast but the mornings I wanted it that was never an issue. I can honestly say the quality – price ratio is one I have not experienced yet in Europe. 24hrs room service is brilliant (prices are very low also). The terrace is very nice!
Unfortunately I broke my arm three days prior to my check-out. Therefore I was somewhat in need of assistance, since I travelled alone. Ingrid, her parents, her husband and co-worker made sure those days were as comfortable for me as they could be. A little bit of home away from home and I’m very thankful for the TLC they gave me. Service you can’t ‘buy’…..
What I liked:
The very personal service and attention (!), the old style building (beautifull staircase and small elevator) mixed with a modern interior. The location: just around the corner of 2/3-Paseig de Gracia, 10 min walk to Catalunya. Enjoy it. I did!
Only thing I can think of is more a tip: a contract with a rental bike company that can deliver and pick up bikes at the Hostal?
Location and activities:
Location –for me- perfect. In the heart of all: Sagrada at the end of the street, Gaudi buildings also. Beach is quite a walk but by taxi €8,-. Doable! Universitat: very close.
Hostal Khronos (Ingrid and the boys): see you next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khronos Boutique Hostel, a new concept in hotel in Barcelona, economic, charming and located in a neoclassical building in the center of Eixample.Newly opened, a few meters from the elegant Paseo de Gracia, in the heart of Barcelona. From this location you can enjoy walking from the main landmarks of the city, like La Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hostal Boutique Khronos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Boutique Khronos Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Boutique Khronos Barcelona, Catalonia