“Dutch traveller: home away from home.”

Hostal Boutique Khronos
Ranked #11 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My experience:
I stayed at Hostal Khronos for 8 nights this August, as a single traveller on holiday to explore all Barcelona has to offer (amongst a big festival that week). At arrival I was welcomed by Ingrid. Very open, friendly and helpful. That attitude proved to be the standard for all of the staff! Room was (and was kept) very clean, modern styling, my taste. Private balcony, good bathroom, airco, flatscreen tv, free wifi, vault and a comfortable bed. A little bit of noise from traffic but hey… that’s a small price to pay for staying city centre. I didn’t reserve breakfast but the mornings I wanted it that was never an issue. I can honestly say the quality – price ratio is one I have not experienced yet in Europe. 24hrs room service is brilliant (prices are very low also). The terrace is very nice!

Remarkable:
Unfortunately I broke my arm three days prior to my check-out. Therefore I was somewhat in need of assistance, since I travelled alone. Ingrid, her parents, her husband and co-worker made sure those days were as comfortable for me as they could be. A little bit of home away from home and I’m very thankful for the TLC they gave me. Service you can’t ‘buy’….. 

What I liked:
The very personal service and attention (!), the old style building (beautifull staircase and small elevator) mixed with a modern interior. The location: just around the corner of 2/3-Paseig de Gracia, 10 min walk to Catalunya. Enjoy it. I did!

Possible impovements:
Only thing I can think of is more a tip: a contract with a rental bike company that can deliver and pick up bikes at the Hostal?

Location and activities:
Location –for me- perfect. In the heart of all: Sagrada at the end of the street, Gaudi buildings also. Beach is quite a walk but by taxi €8,-. Doable! Universitat: very close.

Hostal Khronos (Ingrid and the boys): see you next year!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank joost v
There are newer reviews for Hostal Boutique Khronos

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for a week in July 2014. We truly enjoyed our stay here. The room was great, spacious and had everything we need. Everyday we came back to the hotel we were greeted warmly and the staff were always ready to have a nice chat with you. They know the city well, and can give you tips of where to go, and what to do.

The patio was great, and was perfect to meet travellers from other places too.

All in all, we had a great experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014 for 3 nights. The location is fantastic, everything in the city center is walking distance. as is the beach. We had a triple room and it had huge ceilings, it was light, airy and very spacious. Powerful shower in the bathroom. The hostel itself is quiet and it has a lovely terrace area to sit out and eat breakfast or have an evening drink.
The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming and made our stay very memorable. I'd definitely book here again.

Room Tip: The triple room is very spacious. One double bed and one 3/4 bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank travel_bug145
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Bit of a small room, but for our four day stay it was fine. Breakfast is good value for 5 euro a person. Staff was very friendly, bought us some tickets to main attractions in advance to avoid queuing. Location was a bit hard to find at first, but just two blocks from passeig de gracia and the main shopping streets.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here March 2013 (it won't let me enter date). It is a lovely area and about 20mins walk to the centre. The rooms were quaint and stylish and our little balcony was very cute. The staff are friendly and I would recommend staying here again. Could do with a bar, though they may have gotten one since we stayed. Love Barcelona and love this hostal.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam m
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights last weekend, although we never stayed in the property for very long we loved our room and especially the balcony. The hostel also boasts a cracking communial outdoor sitting area which is decorated and furnished as stylishly as the rooms. The owners were very helpful with all of our queries and let us store our luggage with them while we enjoyed the sights before returning home.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a corner balcony with views down 2 avenues.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com