It is my fault, that I have not read a review on this "apartments" on tripadvisor. Usually reviews do not lie!
We had to book these apartments on short notice, because there was an exhibition in BCN, so the choice of hotels was rather limited. I have booked directly on website with "special rate of 90EUR/2 pers/day.
1. When we arrived, the "service-man" told that the apartment we have booked is occupied and offered the one for 8 people with bedroom underground! When I told that I need a room with window at least, he pointed at so called "patio" - actually a piece of land, which you can reach through window in kitchen, faces 2 high walls on both sides, and if you look straight above - you will see sky.Next day we were moved to another room, which they advertise on pictures.
2. When we told, that due to dramatic difference we saw on pictures and in reality we would like to stay in apartment only for 1 night instead of 3 - we were refused to receive refund. Managers were doing ping-pong of responsibilities and finally one morning we have met an arrogant, rude man asking "hey, what’s the problem? you have claimed to my colleagues, that you do not see a window in your room", although it was not the only one problem we faced.
3. Lack of hot water. The boiler tank is only for 40l and temperature 50 degrees, so it is not enough even for very quick shower for 2 people.
4. Definitely not a safe area to walk in the evening, especially for women. A living community of immigrants who work on construction sites is near by. They live with families in trailers outside and go for clubbing in bar, which is close to apartments.
I would never recommend to stay in these apartments, even though the only thing that was good - relatively clean bathroom and bedroom. If you need to stay for any reasons in this area of Barcelona, I would rather choose a world-known branch of hotels(Novotel), which is closer to metro Glories, and for the same price you will get a clean double-room. Unfortunately it was not listed on booking sites, but when I contacted them directly they had available rooms. It is not advertisement, just a tip how to find alternative accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Barcelona City Apartment!Barcelona City Apartment are fully equipped apartments in Barcelona that offer you live like Barcelona citizens. The apartments are located next to Plaça Glòries and AGBAR Tower, in the thriving business district of the city, District22. Barcelona City Apartment are perfect for a break or for longer stays, the perfect place to come for holidays or business in Barcelona.¡ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelona City Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona City Apartment Catalonia