“Excellent Stay! Amazing staff.”
Review of Lugaris Beach

Lugaris Beach
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Lugaris Sea apartment/hotel with friends to celebrate my 35th birthday. At first, I was anxious about the location because I wanted to stay by Las Ramblas to have easy access to everything---namely the nightlife. However, I was really pleased with the location once I arrived. We were a three minute walk (across one street) to the beach, which allowed me to take a sunrise walk on the beach my first morning.....amazing! It was a little challenging to find, but the hotel gave me excellent directions and the staffer came outside to find me once he saw me with my suitcase wondering around. :) The apartment is lovely, very comfortable. It is well-appointed with a full kitchen, dining table, futon/lounge/bed and a queen size bed. (we stayed in the one bedroom apartment. It easily slept the three in my party). The hotel is located a block from a major thoroughfare with bars and restaurants and shops. And a few blocks down in the Metro and we were just minutes away via train from the downtown of Barcelona. Easy access to anything we wanted to see. The hotel is also not far from the pier area....which has plenty to see and do, as well.
I left my phone in the taxi which took me to the hotel. Narcis, in the office, was SO kind and called the cab company for me (I only speak very limited Spanish and the cab company had previously hung up on me in frustration). The phone was found after I had left Spain to go home to Germany, and Narcis tracked it down and mailed it to me!!! I couldn't believe it! How's that for customer service. He didn't even charge me anything other than my shipping!
I highly recommend the Lugaris Sea apartment/hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just give them a call and let them know how many people you are trying to sleep, and they will help...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank t_long7

Reviewed 30 December 2013

These apartments are in a good location near the beach, and with convenient shops nearby. The service from Irene and front desk crew was very helpful. Unfortunately, the rooms are noisy due to traffic noise (buses, starting early) on the main road in front, also noise from other rooms. The beds are not very comfortable. The décor is modern and the apartment was clean, with plenty of kitchen utensils.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank reatigger
Irene F, Quality Assistant at Lugaris Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest,

First at all, thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time you take and we note about your suggestions.

Regarding the noise, all our apartments have soundproof windows. I am sorry if the noise disturbs you anyway.

I am sorry to hear the bed was not as comfortable as you expected. Please, note we are at the office from 9am to midnight to help our guests to improve their stays.

Please, do not hesitate to contact with me to assist you with anything by phone or e-mail.

We hope to see you another time.

Best regards,

Irene Ferre García
Quality Assistant
E-mail: info@lugaris.com
Tlf: +34 93 221 9159

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed in this apartment when visiting our son and daughter-in-law who live in Poblenou. The apartment was excellently fitted,and spotlessly clean. It is in a new apartment block minutes away both from the beach and the Rambla in Poblenou. We will be using this apartment again in January, staying for a week.

Poblenou itself is an excellent base to stay. It is on the metro which enables easy access to the centre of Barcelona but also has all that you would need in the way of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jr54_10
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of October on the spur of the moment. It was a fantastic choice. Poblenou was typically Spanish with some fabulous restaurants and a Rambla which was far more pleasant than Barcelona Central. We really enjoyed the seafront walk to Barcelona. The accomodation was second to none and the reception staff lovely and helpful. Would not hesitate to go back. If people complain about this place you have to ask yourself what they really want and is it achievable!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Full_Tummy
Reviewed 29 October 2013

A very nice modern apartment, near the sea. Those are the good points, and unfortunately the bad points weigh too far in the other direction for a good recommendation. FOR - modern and comfortable apartments, near the sea with good air-con and wi-fi. AGAINST - a good ten minute walk to the metro. A good five minute walk to the beach over a main road. A 50 minute to 1 hour walk AT LEAST to Barcelona centre, or 15-20 minutes on the metro. Then add on the walk to Lugaris itself from the metro and you have a 35 minute trip at least. At the end of a long day, this feels like an eternity and at night it can feel a little intimidating as there are far less people about. Lugaris isn't a hotel, and we were unprepared for no room service, and no sun loungers etc around the pool. It's a shame, because the apartments are very comfortable, spacious and modern. There is a nice rooftop pool overlooking Barcelona and the sea but nowhere to lay or sit and relax by the pool. Nothing at all! Just bare decking. if you want your room serviced, expect to pay 30 euros extra - per service. And be warned that a late check in after 8pm is also 30 euros. I asked for some more toilet roll after three days here (we booked for six nights) and we were told to "buy your own". We were here six nights, but not being a hotel we didn't get a change of towels! My view is that if they are hoping to attract tourists they should offer a tourist service, i.e. the rooms tidied and topped up with loo roll etc., fresh towels and with sun loungers to borrow for the pool. It seems that they want tourists' money but are not prepared to offer a tourist service. In which case, why are they advertising on Expedia and other hotel booking websites? This is a residential apartment complex and they don't seem geared up to cater for short stay tourists. The area, Poblenou, is a quiet area with it's own culture. It is very much a local residential area and has charm. There are local shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. However, it is a long way from the city centre and you'll have to be prepared for multiple bus and / or metro trips (and supermarket trips for supplies) should you decide to stay here. Additionally, as these are apartments, the hot water isn't like a hotel in that it is NOT constant. You won't get two consecutive baths out of a tank and the bath you do get is shallow. I wish we had stayed at a hotel, we wouldn't have had as much room but it would have been more of a holiday experience. I missed not having clean towels, abundant loo roll, abundant hot water for nice deep baths, rubbish taken away and a pool to relax by after a long hot day of sightseeing. If you need an apartment for business or a longer stay, then these apartments could be perfect for you. For the average three days city break tourist, these apartments could work better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank aroomsomewhere

Dear guest,

First at all, thank you for your comments. We take a good grade about your suggestions. We try to improve every day our service and I am sorry for the time we use to answer.

A few months ago, we have a public bus to go directly to the city centre in 18 minutes and the bus stop is in the corner of the building (just 2 minutes walking distance).

Our outside swimming pool are in the rooftop with wood to extend the towel and relax. We have comfortable tourist apartments with weekly and check out cleaning.

Regarding the late check in, I inform that recently we do not charge anything until midnight.

On check in day, we provide to our guests the necessary to stay the first couple of days as a courtesy with towels, linen sheets, toilet and kitchen paper.

Recently, we give too a welcome pack with sugar, salt, olive oil, vinegar, coffee and tea. Also, we provide two tabs for dishwasher and washing machine.

All our apartments has domestic water heater with solar-electric energy.

Please do not hesite to contact with us f you have any doubt or suggestion.

We are glad to see you again to see our improvements.

Best regards,

Irene Ferre
Quality assistant
E-Mail: info@lugaris.com
Tlf: 0034 93 221 91 59.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Barcelona is quite a busy and noisy city especially at night. It is a good idea to choose Poblenou as a place to stay. If you take care of your belongings (Barcelona's got lots of thieves).
The appartment was quite nice but without a view. Big enough for a big city, nice bed and a modern kitchen though you have to bring everything with you (coffee, tea, sugar, salt..). There's nothing there.
The bathroom is not as convenient as the rest, the bath itself quite small, the shower leaking and some avoidable spots...
But, generally, Lugaris is a nice middle-priced base for further discoveries.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank oswing
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not only was the flat perfect, the location was equally perfect!
The flat itself had all the amenities that we require for an extra long weekend, we did not use the kitchen much but were pleased to have a frigde, coffe maker and basic utensils. Wi-Fi worked like a dream so the teenagers travelling with us were most content!
A bakery and a grocery store within 5 minutes walk and a "local Rambla" filled with restaurants, cafes and shops, the beach at the end of the street made for perfect surroundings.
The bus to the city centre (#41) at the end of the street and the touristic "hop-on-hop-off" buss made for easy acces to the centre of Barcelona.
We also recommend a walk along the beach side, it will take about 15 minutes to the Olympic Village and the a further 20 minutes to "La Rambla".
We will definantly recommend Lugaris Home Collection and wil be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family